Signed Recruits' Thread

WVBilliken

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, dennis_w said:

i heard thames say that he might grow 3 more inches, 6' 9" with guard skills might be interesting

Years ago, I remember friends from high school, that had completely unrealistic expectations on how much taller they would get. I watched Hargrove as a recruit imply that he might hit 6’9” to Cusamano. I put zero faith in the above possibility.

RUBillsFan and bauman like this

14 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

Years ago, I remember friends from high school, that had completely unrealistic expectations on how much taller they would get. I watched Hargrove as a recruit imply that he might hit 6’9” to Cusamano. I put zero faith in the above possibility.

my son grew grew 2 and a half inches after high school grad. it does happen. obi toppin grew 4 inches post high school grad.

9 hours ago, VeniceMenace said:

What's the word on the street on JBell -- returning? 

I’m not sure there’s anything there really. I’m sure with Parker we’re watching him a lot but 

3 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

Judge for yourself.  Here's a clip of him in action.

Unrelated, but went through and watched this to key in on Sincere Parker. He’s extremely impressive. Will pair quite nicely with Gibson and (hopefully) Javonte. Could form a really deadly attack next season. 

On 1/15/2022 at 9:17 PM, Pistol said:

Pattonville won the third place game at Washington 49-46 over Ladue. Thames had 23 points (9-14, 0-0, 5-8), 12 rebounds, 5 assists, 4 steals, and 4 turnovers. He was also named to the Washington All-Tournament Team. Pattonville (9-8) plays at Whitfield (13-3) on the 19th.

SLUH beat Vianney 65-51 and Kramer had 18 to lead SLUH (10-3). Freshman Luke Walsh (SLU interest) had 19 to lead Vianney (8-6). I don't have stats for Kramer beyond the point total. SLUH hosts Ritenour (1-9) on the 17th.

Moberly beat Mineral Area College 69-58 tonight. I'll update this post with Parker's stats when the box score is posted.

Following up on this, I had the score wrong - that was the women's score. Mineral Area beat Moberly 85-74. As someone said above, Parker had 26 points (8-16, 4-9, 6-6), 1 rebound, and 2 TOs. Moberly (16-5) hosts Three Rivers CC (11-8) tomorrow night.

SLUH's next game will be at home against Soldan (8-3) tomorrow. They didn't play Ritenour yesterday; that was on the STLToday schedule and is now gone.

With all three players in action tomorrow, I'll be back with an update on Thursday.

slufanskip and CBFan like this

Kramer had 22 in a 56-49 win over Soldan (8-4). I don't have percentages or any other stats beyond his point total. SLUH heads up north tomorrow night for the Quincy Shootout and will play Math, Civics, & Sciences from Philadelphia at 8:30. Then they'll face Quincy HS at 7:30 on Saturday.

Thames helped Pattonville (10-8) break a 10-game cycle of alternating wins and losses in a 55-51 win at Whitfield (13-4), with 19 points, 10 rebounds, 3 assists, and 2 steals. Pattonville plays at Mehlville (7-8) tomorrow night.

Parker had a rough night in Moberly's (16-6, 3-3) loss to Three Rivers (12-8, 3-3), scoring 15 points on 6-17 shooting, including 1-7 from three. He added 5 rebounds, 3 steals, and a block. Moberly heads to Missouri State University-West Plains (8-13, 2-3) on Saturday.

Bills By 40 likes this

SLU signee Nick Kramer scored 32 points last night in SLUH’s 73-52 win over Philadelphia Math, Civics, Science at QND’s Pit in Quincy. The Junior Billikens play their second game tonight in the Quincy Shootout at the host Quincy High Blue Devils tonight at 7:30 pm.

CBC plays at 3 pm today in the Quincy Shootout vs. Modesto Christian of California. CBC has the 7’2” sophomore Center John Bol, 5’11” point guard Robert Martin, and 6’4” Larry Hughes II.

Nick Kramer is 6’4”, is a great shooter, and I saw him dunk with both hands in the pre-game warmup. Kramer can get off his shot fast and when guarded, similar to the ability to create his own shot, which he seemed to also be able to do.

SLUH (13-3) ended up 2-0 at the Quincy Shootout after a 49-40 win over Quincy HS (17-4). Kramer had 16 and his teammate Jaden McClain (14 points) won the game MVP plaque. Kramer had just 6 at halftime. 4 of his points came on FTs at the end when Quincy was forced to foul.

Pattonville's game at Mehlville was postponed and is now scheduled for the 27th.

Moberly's game at West Plains was also postponed and will be played on the 31st. Their next game is now this Wednesday the 26th at home vs. State Fair CC.

So, for those who have seen both Thames and Hughes ....... Who is the better player now, then let's say in two years?

From what I've read seems Thames is taller,  a better ball handler, a better rebounder, and more versatile (can play more positions).

Don't know about shooting but both seem to need development of their 3 point shot.  Mid-range shot, defensive powess, don't have a clue.

Bottom line seems Thatch might be the better of the two short-term and long-term.  Am I all wrong on this???

On 1/24/2022 at 12:22 PM, Billikenbooster said:

To anyone who has watched Moberly, how is Parker’s D?

When he's locked in, his defense is strong. Has good instincts and he's big and quick enough to guard most wings he will face at SLU. He has a tendency to sometimes ball watch or not be active enough when he is an off-the-ball defender. 

I didn't see Perkins much in JUCO but I think Parker is probably ahead of Javonte on defense at this stage in their career.