Signed Recruits' Thread

WVBilliken

On 11/4/2021 at 12:54 PM, 3star_recruit said:

That's what the 2023 class is for.  I know it would be nice to bring in such players while Yuri and Okoro are still on the roster but I don't know of any mid-major program who's currently pulling that off.  That's one of the things that separates high-majors and mid-majors: the former can bring in starter-caliber recruits even while the starting line-up is set.  Mid-majors need minutes to sell.

-can you or someone compare current Thames to Kobe Clark from Vashon at the same point in his career?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Parker has started 9 of 10 games for Moberly. He's averaging 20.3 points on a slashline of .491/.369/.852 and adding 6.9 RPG, 1.0 APG, and 1.5 SPG. Moberly is now 8-2 on the season and hosts Mineral Area College on Wednesday. Per their current schedule, they play two games in St. Louis - vs. John A. Logan at SLCC on 12/5 and at SLCC on 2/15. I'm assuming it's the Forest Park campus for both of those.

I'd be interested in going to see the game this Sunday if any other MBMs feel the same

Pistol likes this

2 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

Parker had another one of those days in Moberly's most recent game, dropping 41 against Highland (Illinois).  Hit 5 threes and was a perfect 6-6 from the line.

Really hoping he's another Perkins that Ford found in Juco.  Seeming more and more like that is a possibility.

18 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

Parker had another one of those days in Moberly's most recent game, dropping 41 against Highland (Illinois).  Hit 5 threes and was a perfect 6-6 from the line.

15 hours ago, cgeldmacher said:

Really hoping he's another Perkins that Ford found in Juco.  Seeming more and more like that is a possibility.

He's a little more up and down than Perkins was at SWIC, but there's no question he can really score. Certainly a fearless shooter from anywhere.

I have had to resist the urge to compare Parker to Perkins, because as @3star_recruit mentioned players like Perkins only come around once every decade or two at SLU. But I’ve probably had the chance to watch 3-4 of Parker’s Moberly games online and I’ve been overall impressed. He’s a streaky shooter, but a good shooter nonetheless. Has range out to the 3 and has a very nice pull up game going left. He uses his size and athleticism well to get to the free throw line. He’s always in attack mode, you won’t have to worry about him not being aggressive enough on offense. He can handle the ball well for his size, but isn’t necessarily a playmaker. I think offensively he will be capable of stepping in right away and being a double-digit scorer from day one if that’s what his role calls for. His defense needs work, but that’s basically always the case for a guy coming from JUCO to SLU. He has the tools to be a fine defender. It wouldn’t surprise me if his PT is limited at first but grows as next season moves along.

Jimmy Bell looks like he’s put on a little weight. Otherwise I think he’s played pretty well for Moberly. I’d expect him to land at a decent mid-major program

Kramer had 25 in a 50-46 loss to Cardinal Ritter last night. SLUH was up 40-35 after 3 and 44-40 with 5 minutes to play, but Ritter locked them down defensively after that, holding them to just 2 more points. Stacker had the bucket to give Ritter a 2-point lead with under a minute; he finished with 17.

Neither SLUH box score is available on STLToday's HS sports page yet, so I don't have full stats.

6 hours ago, Pistol said:

Kramer had 25 in a 50-46 loss to Cardinal Ritter last night. SLUH was up 40-35 after 3 and 44-40 with 5 minutes to play, but Ritter locked them down defensively after that, holding them to just 2 more points. Stacker had the bucket to give Ritter a 2-point lead with under a minute; he finished with 17.

Neither SLUH box score is available on STLToday's HS sports page yet, so I don't have full stats.

Pistol likes this

SLUH beat Rockhurst 55-35 out in Blue Springs last night but as usual didn't post stats, so there's nothing on STLToday and I can't find any numbers or highlights for Kramer on Twitter, either. They play out there again tonight against Blue Springs. I'll report back if I find anything in the meantime, or maybe we'll get a stat dump when they get home.

Pattonville beat St. Charles 89-40 and lost a 58-56 heartbreaker at Parkway West last night. They play Rock Bridge at Mizzou tonight. Thames put up a line of 24 points, 12 rebounds, 6 assists, 2 steals, and 3 blocks vs. St Charles and 11/9/7/3/0 against Parkway West. His season averages through 4 games: 23.0 PPG, 8.5 RPG, 5.3 APG, 2.8 SPG, and 1.8 BPG. Season slashline: .531/.421/.667.

Moberly's scoring pace has slowed down over the past three games, in which they've gone 1-2 and scored 73 or less in each game. Parker scored 20, 17, and 15 - more consistent than earlier this season, when he'd score 37 one night and 8 the next. He's now averaging 19.5 PPG on the season to go with 6.9 RPG and 1.0 APG and a slashline of .465/.350/.806. Moberly (9-4) hosts Sauk Valley tonight and then appears to go on a 3-week winter break, with the next game scheduled for 12/30.

RUBillsFan and bauman like this

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

SLUH beat Rockhurst 55-35 out in Blue Springs last night but as usual didn't post stats, so there's nothing on STLToday and I can't find any numbers or highlights for Kramer on Twitter, either. They play out there again tonight against Blue Springs. I'll report back if I find anything in the meantime, or maybe we'll get a stat dump when they get home.

Pattonville beat St. Charles 89-40 and lost a 58-56 heartbreaker at Parkway West last night. They play Rock Bridge at Mizzou tonight. Thames put up a line of 24 points, 12 rebounds, 6 assists, 2 steals, and 3 blocks vs. St Charles and 11/9/7/3/0 against Parkway West. His season averages through 4 games: 23.0 PPG, 8.5 RPG, 5.3 APG, 2.8 SPG, and 1.8 BPG. Season slashline: .531/.421/.667.

Moberly's scoring pace has slowed down over the past three games, in which they've gone 1-2 and scored 73 or less in each game. Parker scored 20, 17, and 15 - more consistent than earlier this season, when he'd score 37 one night and 8 the next. He's now averaging 19.5 PPG on the season to go with 6.9 RPG and 1.0 APG and a slashline of .465/.350/.806. Moberly (9-4) hosts Sauk Valley tonight and then appears to go on a 3-week winter break, with the next game scheduled for 12/30.

I wasn't able to find any stats for Kramer's game last night, but it is on YouTube and tonight's game will be broadcast as well. 

Pistol and RUBillsFan like this

Kramer scored 17 in SLUH's 66-60 semifinal win over Blue Springs. He didn't score in the first half. He hit a big 3 to put SLUH up 60-57 with under 2 minutes left and SLUH put it away with FTs. SLUH then lost 58-42 to Bentonville in the championship game. I found Bentonville's stats but nothing on SLUH yet. Kramer and SLUH (3-2) take on CBC at home this Friday.

Thames scored 15 in a 53-52 win over Rock Bridge at Mizzou Arena. Not his best shooting night - 6-18 overall, 0-4 from 3, 3-4 FT - but he added 5 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 steals, and turned it over once. Pattonville moved to 3-2 on the season and goes to Jennings tomorrow.

Parker was named MVP of the Highland Tournament, which Moberly won with victories over Sauk Valley, Morton, and Highland. Parker scored 19, 26, and 14, respectively. He's now averaging 19.6 PPG, 7.1 RPG, 0.9 APG, and 1.6 SPG with a season slashline of .456/.356/.792.

CBFan and Adman like this

50 minutes ago, NoCoBillsFan said:

Stats or outcome of the game haven’t been posted but SLUH played McCluer yesterday. Kramer had some highlights in this video here: 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CXhCAM7F6CC/?utm_medium=copy_link

I thought this one was great too. https://www.instagram.com/p/CXfOpveIAVo/

Kramer had 34 in SLUH's 66-57 win over Chaminade, including 11 in the fourth quarter. Because SLUH doesn't provide stats, I don't have the rest of his line other than he went 7-8 from the FT line, had 6 2-pointers and had 5 3-pointers. In SLUH's 67-41 win over Confluence, he had 26 points, 11 rebounds, 3 assists, and 3 steals. His season averages are unavailable at this time. SLUH (#5 large schools) is now 6-2 on the season. Their game against CBC on the 17th was postponed due to a possible COVID exposure - the new date might be 12/28 but I haven't been able to confirm yet. Here's some video from Confluence:

Thames scored 34 (13-20, 0-5, 8-10) to lead Pattonville to a 59-39 win over Jennings on the 14th. He added 15 rebounds, 3 assists, and 3 steals. Pattonville then dropped the next two, losing 64-63 to Troy Buchanan at Lindenwood and 49-43 to Mount Vernon at Meramec. Thames had 29 (13-25, 0-3, 3-5), with 7 rebounds, 2 assists, 3 steals, and a block vs. Troy Buchanan and scored 20 (7-17, 0-3, 6-6) with 6 rebounds, 3 assists, and 3 steals vs. Mount Vernon. He's fourth in the STL area in scoring at 23.8 PPG to go with 8.4 RPG, 4.0 APG, 2.9 SPG, and 1.0 BPG and a slashline of .490/.235/.735. Pattonville's next game is against Normal Community West out at Pekin on 12/27.

Moberly has been out of action since the 11th and will resume on 12/30 against Kirkwood Community College at the John Wood Classic in Quincy, IL.

3 hours ago, bauman said:

It appears from the stats that Kellen needs to be working on his 3 pt shot, but the rest looks good.

He's on a cold streak from 3. Started the season 8-19 in the first four games and has gone 0-15 in the past four games.

• 2 weeks later...

SLUH appears to have finally uploaded stats to STLToday's stat page, and if the total numbers are correct, Kramer is averaging 20.9 PPG, 6.7 RPG, 1.8 APG, and 1.1 SPG. His slashline is overstated there because there are a few games where the FGM are included but FGA are zeroed out. SLUH is now 9-2 and won all 3 games (SLUH's holiday tournament) since I last updated this. Kramer had 22, 7, and 3 in an 85-56 win over Lovejoy on 12/28, he scored 16 in a 58-51 win over Burroughs the next night, and scored 15 in their 51-43 win over Lift for Life in the final on 12/30. His final FT in that game was his 1,000th point. SLUH plays at DeSmet on the 12th.

Thames' season averages stand at 23.0 PPG, 8.5 RPG, 3.6 APG, and 3.0 SPG, with a slashline of .500/.238/.723. In the holiday tournament at Pekin HS, he put up 20/6/3/3 against Mount Vernon (L), had a monster game of 30/12/2/3 against Normal Community West (W), had 19/7/4/5 vs. Mount Carmel (L), and 14/6/1/2 against Lake Zurich (W). He was injured in the Lake Zurich game and didn't play in a loss against Moline the next day. Pattonville now stands at 6-6 on the season. The Pirates host Parkway West tonight and go to Webster Groves on Friday. I will update as soon as I know anything about Thames' injury status (I don't think it's serious).

Parker scored 21 on 9-11 shooting (3-4 from 3) in a 95-63 win over Kirkwood CC (Cedar Rapids, IA) on 12/30 and 26 (10-19, 3-8, 3-4) in a 94-84 win over Lake Land College (Mattoon, IL) the next night. Both games were at John Wood CC in Quincy. Parker is averaging 20.1 PPG (.474/.372/.788) and 6.8 RPG on the season. Moberly is now 14-4 with a 5-game win streak and hosts Missouri State University-West Plains tonight.

NH likes this