SLU Basketball Media 2021/2022 Season

slufan13

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Taj, remember, if you are driving to Pittsburgh and back, Falling Water is fairly close by and it is absolutely a great place to visit, not only for the architecture but for the art it has inside. Hope you like Diego Rivera. You know, this is a  house buit on top of a small river (creek) that carries water year round, I believe there is a small fall near it but I'm not sure. In winter the stuff freezes and adds a lot of beauty to it all. Lloyd Wright was a genius, for sure.

8 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Taj, remember, if you are driving to Pittsburgh and back, Falling Water is fairly close by and it is absolutely a great place to visit, not only for the architecture but for the art it has inside. Hope you like Diego Rivera. You know, this is a  house buit on top of a small river (creek) that carries water year round, I believe there is a small fall near it but I'm not sure. In winter the stuff freezes and adds a lot of beauty to it all. Lloyd Wright was a genius, for sure.

8 minutes ago, Old guy said:

9 minutes ago, Old guy said:

I’ll second that O.G.  Falling Water is well worth visiting.  Wright designed another home Kentuck Knob near Falling Water.  It can also be visited.

On 1/6/2022 at 9:57 AM, billiken_roy said:

maybe someday you'll get to have a drink at that unicorn bar at Chaifetz you pine for so much.   here's a hint though, when that day comes, turn your hat around.  

Honestly Roy I am a frequent reader of the board and have always tried to understand and see upur points even though I might not agree with them. . This whole thread with your comments towards 05 is not a good look. O5 may wear his hat backwards but he is not the one looking immature.  

Coach on KMOX this morning.  Nothing new that hasn't already been covered on the Fordham game. 

Back to backs coming up with UMass.  Coach did remark that we played UMass back to back last year, being in our last game and then first game in the A10 Tourney.  I had forgotten about that.

12 hours ago, Cowboy II said:

-on the coaches show tonight CFord said doesn't know when Martin will be back, imo that's interesting 

I think it's a textbook case of Travis Ford being Travis Ford. He seems to be very fond of holding things close to his chest. It would not surprise me if he's downplaying how close Linssen is to returning. Linssen was also in H&S protocols, so technically he really does have no idea.

2 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

I think it's a textbook case of Travis Ford being Travis Ford. He seems to be very fond of holding things close to his chest. It would not surprise me if he's downplaying how close Linssen is to returning. Linssen was also in H&S protocols, so technically he really does have no idea.

He definitely played this game vs Richmond when it seemed like a bunch of guys would be in COVID protocols and it ended up that Linssen was the only one out due to his ankle.  I don't mind not knowing as a fan & I do think it gives us a potential advantage, so I love this strategy.

3 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

He definitely played this game vs Richmond when it seemed like a bunch of guys would be in COVID protocols and it ended up that Linssen was the only one out due to his ankle.  I don't mind not knowing as a fan & I do think it gives us a potential advantage, so I love this strategy.

https://www.billikens.com/forum/index.php?/topic/30430-here-we-go-again/&do=findComment&comment=699566

Jan 24 Coach's Show with Rammer:  a lot of initial talk about Jimerson and how hard he has worked and how much he has improved.  He needs to be moving all the time.  Pretty easy to defend anyone who is not moving.   Coach tells him to expect the opponent will put their best and most physical defender on him and be ready for a tough match-up.  Called him the silent assassin, as he shows no emotion.  Coach told him to show a little swagger - you have worked hard, so show it.

Nesbitt:  Rammer - a lot was expected from him in game 1.  Forgot how difficult it is to play D1.  Nesbitt watched a lot of film after the UMass loss, and how he wasn't doing anything to effect that game.  Mostly on the D end and on rebounding.  "If you don't go for the ball, you aren't going to get the rebound."  Different approach in this second game, he wanted to be involved in every play: stayed involved in the game and he didn't relax.  He was cheating his ability by playing only when his guy had the ball.  It is all about never relaxing for Nesbitt.  In HS, you can pick and chose when to defend and when to play go hard.  That doesn't work in D1.

Traore:  talked about his dunk.  Mentioned the great pass by Lorentsson.  Coach didn't like the dancing but other than that said it was a great play.  D is well ahead of O.  He could play 30 minutes on D.  He has quick feet for 6'9".  The pace on O is fast for him.  He executes the O just fine, just scoring is his problem.  Linssen still not 100%.  Basile will continue to get minutes the rest of the year. 

Lorentsson is still growing, probably near 6'10". 

Second UMass game was not a revenge game, as you can't get revenge on yourself.  Team took Friday off after the loss.  In Sat practice, very little discussion on UMass, most or all about what we did wrong.  All the jogging had to stop.  All the relaxing off the ball had to stop.  Yesterday, after the game, they discussed identity.  Is this (the second game) what we want to be know for?  We should have established our identity by now. Everyone has to hold each other accountable.  Yesterday was a team oriented defense.  Off the ball, everyone was doing their job.  It was 'we are better than what we showed Thursday'.  Coach "I wasn't all that upset on the loss at UMass, I was more upset on how we played."

Christian Nunez was on the show.  Coach normally hires people he knows, but he didn't know Nunez before the hire. He was a GA and now Dir of Player Development.  Coach said he normally wants his GA's to go elsewhere to get more experience, but he didn't want to let Nunez go.  Rammer calls him a very positive person, balancing out Coach's negativity. 🙂    Everyday he first makes sure the academics are being taken care of.  He can't do much on court stuff.  Began coaching at his HS for 2 years then went to Iona Preparatory.  On the bench during games, Nunez 'keeps our guys together'.  He helps with stats during the game and talks to the players if they 'need a hug'.  Rammer, "You didn't teach Basile that dance move, did you?"

GW coming in, "there is always a reason to fear your opponent".  Second most transfers of any school in D1.  That attributed to their slow start.  GW won two of last three without 2 starters, who will be back on Wednesday.  They run a motion offense that is different than anything we have seen, way different than Richmond.  1, 2 and 3's shoot most of their shots. Big's are screeners. They are always moving.  They don't have great rebounding numbers, and they don't feed the post all that much. 

Reschedule of St. B road game - back to backs on Fri ( 8 pm) and Mon (4 pm start).  "From this point on the schedule is pretty wild."  You still have to take one day off each week, and that is a challenge.  Tuesday LaSalle pushed back a day to Wednesday.  (Coach, "I didn't know that! I'll be there.  That's crazy.")

• 2 weeks later...

-Lisa Stone on the Coaches Show tonight, I guess with the men traveling, I didn't realize they had two players suffer season ending injuries last week, terrible

-Tom Ackerman had Brooke Flowers and Julia Martinez on for a segment, two young ladies who represented extremely well, very well spoken, very smart responses and interaction 

1 hour ago, Cowboy II said:

-Lisa Stone on the Coaches Show tonight, I guess with the men traveling, I didn't realize they had two players suffer season ending injuries last week, terrible

-Tom Ackerman had Brooke Flowers and Julia Martinez on for a segment, two young ladies who represented extremely well, very well spoken, very smart responses and interaction 

Brooke has the biggest personality on the team and Julia is just a big cheerleader with a million dollar smile, they're big energy for the team so far as I can tell. Awesome to hear they got on for a segment. I remember a few years ago when Kerri was on the coaches show with I wanna say Jenny V or Jordyn F and Kerri was also incredibly well-spoken, no wonder she's transitioned so well from player to coach! 

2 hours ago, Cowboy II said:

Had a feeling that was the case with Bess, but who else? Lazar?

4 hours ago, Littlebill said:

Get ready for POW after LaSalle 3’s

And that stupid Explorer logo after made LaSalle baskets that cuts into the picture so you can’t see what’s happening while it’s there.

Games at LaSalle never go smoothly for SLU. Be nice if we could finally have one where we can coast the last 5 minutes. Not expecting it though.

31 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

And that stupid Explorer logo after made LaSalle baskets that cuts into the picture so you can’t see what’s happening while it’s there.

Games at LaSalle never go smoothly for SLU. Be nice if we could finally have one where we can coast the last 5 minutes. Not expecting it though.

There is an active thread on La Salle's message board about their poor streaming quality. They claim it is as bad as ever this year, so we may be in for a doozy. 

16 hours ago, Cowboy II said:

-CStone didn't mention names

It's Ny and Kiley, we have no depth right now. Sucks because with that, this is a lost season for WBB. At least we get 1 more season with Ciaja, Brooke, and (probably) MST which should be good. Correct me on any of this if I'm wrong.