SLU Basketball Media 2021/2022 Season

slufan13

1 hour ago, slufanskip said:

This is something a little communication should be able to solve. Slubillikens.com should know what station will actually air the game and it should be noted loudly when it’s anything other than 1120. Also the Post game day article should make it clear. The PA announcer could also inform the in game crowd. The post game show will not be on kmox. Please tune to xxxx to hear Ranmer and Earl. 

I know they mention it in their gameday tweets and on facebook

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, Old guy said:

I think the issue is that they have to follow too many regulatory sources at the same time (St. Louis, SLU's own, A10, etc) and then try to find a way to fit into the same types of issues, but different due to location and league, for other schools they are playing. I have no doubt other schools have similar, maybe worse, problems with this.

What about the players that were actually too sick to play basketball?  How many of them were ‘down’?  You want them to play no matter how sick they are?  What regulatory source do you want changed so that physically sick players can play?

9 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

What about the players that were actually too sick to play basketball?  How many of them were ‘down’?  You want them to play no matter how sick they are?  What regulatory source do you want changed so that physically sick players can play?

And how do you know they were indeed symptomatic and too sick to play? How do you know it was not just someone testing positive with no symptoms. You are talking about this like it was a proven fact, but no information at all about the players clinical status has been released to the  public. This is the second year of this mess and as far as I know not one single player has died or required ventilation in the team. Why do you assume they are incapable of playing, you have no information documenting this is the case.

dennis_w and BIG BILL FAN like this

1 hour ago, Old guy said:

And how do you know they were indeed symptomatic and too sick to play? How do you know it was not just someone testing positive with no symptoms. You are talking about this like it was a proven fact, but no information at all about the players clinical status has been released to the  public. This is the second year of this mess and as far as I know not one single player has died or required ventilation in the team. Why do you assume they are incapable of playing, you have no information documenting this is the case.

Basically Ford said so. They ran for 5 minutes and were gassed. 

34 minutes ago, Old guy said:

What gas did they use nitrous oxide, ehter, I hope it was not Cyclon Z (not sure of the spell).

Fun aside can you provide a link to the interview where Ford said this?

Post Dispatch. Within the past week. I take the paper and likely threw it out by now. If you are truly interested go to your library and look thru the last five issues. 

3 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Post Dispatch. Within the past week. I take the paper and likely threw it out by now. If you are truly interested go to your library and look thru the last five issues. 

In other words you never heard Ford saying this, you think you read it at the PD (3rd hand) sometime this last week. OK, that is your point of view. Now let's look at the facts based on player performance before and after the cancellations and postponements in the schedule.

Look at the SLU players that played against Richmond (the game right after the UMass and LS postponements), and the players that played against Auburn and BC (the two games prior to the Drake cancellations and the two postponements). The same guys played before and after the postponement, the only guy that was missing from playing against Richmond was Linssen who has a known ankle injury and is sidelined.

The dramatic description of the shortness of breath (gasping after 5 minutes of running) does not fit with the amount of minutes all of these players, minus Linssen, managed to play at both before and after the postponements. If you were that severely affected by active, symptomatic Covid, you would never have been able to play the number of minutes and at the intensity required that our guys (the same guys that played before the postponement) played during the Richmond game. It is well known that that the recovery of severely symptomatic patients (gasping for air after a 5 minute run) after Covid take more than 14 to be able to put out a high level of effort, as was required for the Richmond game . What caused this miraculous recovery?

I think they probably had (+) tests, but were either asymptomatic or only had very mild symptoms and a quick recovery. The Richmond game confirms this. I think players should only be tested when they become symptomatic. If they test (+) they should remain home in quarantine, but the other players should be able to go and play without postponing the games. Of course, this is my opinion, and you are free to disagree. 

8 hours ago, Old guy said:

In other words you never heard Ford saying this, you think you read it at the PD (3rd hand) sometime this last week. OK, that is your point of view. Now let's look at the facts based on player performance before and after the cancellations and postponements in the schedule.

Look at the SLU players that played against Richmond (the game right after the UMass and LS postponements), and the players that played against Auburn and BC (the two games prior to the Drake cancellations and the two postponements). The same guys played before and after the postponement, the only guy that was missing from playing against Richmond was Linssen who has a known ankle injury and is sidelined.

The dramatic description of the shortness of breath (gasping after 5 minutes of running) does not fit with the amount of minutes all of these players, minus Linssen, managed to play at both before and after the postponements. If you were that severely affected by active, symptomatic Covid, you would never have been able to play the number of minutes and at the intensity required that our guys (the same guys that played before the postponement) played during the Richmond game. It is well known that that the recovery of severely symptomatic patients (gasping for air after a 5 minute run) after Covid take more than 14 to be able to put out a high level of effort, as was required for the Richmond game . What caused this miraculous recovery?

I think they probably had (+) tests, but were either asymptomatic or only had very mild symptoms and a quick recovery. The Richmond game confirms this. I think players should only be tested when they become symptomatic. If they test (+) they should remain home in quarantine, but the other players should be able to go and play without postponing the games. Of course, this is my opinion, and you are free to disagree. 

Really?

No I never talked directly with Coach. And you are now accusing Coach of lying to the media. 

What were your symptoms like when you got a breakthrough case? 

Believe what you want to, or go to the library and correct yourself. 

rgbilliken and Ironbills like this

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

Really?

No I never talked directly with Coach. And you are now accusing Coach of lying to the media. 

What were your symptoms like when you got a breakthrough case? 

Believe what you want to, or go to the library and correct yourself. 

I am not accusing Ford of lying to the media, he may or may not have said this. However, I think the media has become "creative" in their efforts to magnify the impact of the Omicron variant, which is mild.

17 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

The whole Chaifetz experience is really targeted to people who are already ingrained financially with the University where as I would like to see it aimed more at converting or retaining first time and casual attendees to consistent fans.

^this. 

RUBillsFan likes this

what more do you want the athletic department to do?   the students get all the giveaways.   the students are the ones selected for most of the time out promotions on the floor.    the billikens already have a new fan ticket plan.   they play all the worthless piped in music that only a 20 something or less could appreciate.   the video during introductions is definitely geared towards the younger fans.   please tell us what more do you want?

HoosierPal likes this

5 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

what more do you want the athletic department to do?   the students get all the giveaways.   the students are the ones selected for most of the time out promotions on the floor.    the billikens already have a new fan ticket plan.   they play all the worthless piped in music that only a 20 something or less could appreciate.   the video during introductions is definitely geared towards the younger fans.   please tell us what more do you want?

I just wrote an entire post explaining where I thought improvements could be made. 

5 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Don't be intentionally daft. It's not a good look Roy.

looks better than a 30+ year old man wearing his hat backwards like an 8th grader. 

TheA_Bomb likes this

1 minute ago, 3star_recruit said:

Based on what I've been reading, we had one of the worst arena experiences in the A10 5 years ago and now we're in the upper third.  Is that an accurate assessment?

Did we, though?

I haven't been to enough A10 arenas to know. Dayton has between 3,000 and 4,000 extra seats, so It's bigger but it's older and the concourse is narrow on the ends, so lines get pretty long. Maybe a slightly better beer/food selection? Better merch, for sure.

I've been to Bonaventure and it's not even comparable. Same with Loyola, which will be here soon enough.

The plan is to get to Richmond for our game in late February so I can report back.

Pretty sure I don't need to have been to a game at La Salle or Fordham to know we've got them beat.

I haven't been to the others but some of them seem stale to me from what I can see of the facilities. I would say top third is a safe bet, even though we could do better.

6 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Yeesh. You really thought you had something here. Sad to see.

maybe someday you'll get to have a drink at that unicorn bar at Chaifetz you pine for so much.   here's a hint though, when that day comes, turn your hat around.  

TheA_Bomb likes this

3 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

maybe someday you'll get to have a drink at that unicorn bar at Chaifetz you pine for so much.   here's a hint though, when that day comes, turn your hat around.  

This post right here proves you did not understand my post and instead are just overly fixated on me.

18 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

This post right here proves you did not understand my post and instead are just overly fixated on me.

that i dont like you and consider you a fraud when it comes to the billikens?  you are correct.   we're done.  

dennis_w likes this