Ticket question

wgstl

16 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

I don't expect an mid-week exhibition game vs Rockhurst to be very well attended (I'd guess less than 4k), so this will be a good trial run for the the virtual tickets.  Hope with a smaller crowd, it will not be that much of an issue at the doors & they'll have the kinked worked out by the time the regular season starts.

I honestly don't know any adults who do not have smart phones these days.  It is pretty hard to find / buy a cell phone that isn't a smart phone and has been that way for several years.  My 3 grandparents who were in their late 80s and passed away a few years ago all had smart phones and my wife's 2 grandparents also late 80s and recently passed did as well.  Honestly, if your elderly relative did not have a smart phone during the height of COVID & you didn't go buy them one so they could FaceTime / Zoom with loved ones, you should be practically be arrested for elder abuse.  I'll buy that a lot of older Billiken fans aren't very tech savvy with the smart phones & will have trouble with virtual tickets, but I'd wager the number of fans attending games without access to a smart phone is miniscule.

they might have a smartphone (my 93 year old mother has one) but plenty have no idea how to use one.   most know how to find the phone app and call and answer calls and that's about it.  

Just now, bills16 said:

I'm 64, and I still have an old flip phone.  Yes, I realize I'm out of touch.

no you have what you need.  why pay $1000+ for today's smart phones when all you really want is a phone?   i get it.  

drkelsey55 and CBFan like this

16 minutes ago, bills16 said:

I'm 64, and I still have an old flip phone.  Yes, I realize I'm out of touch.

Not out of touch.

The only reason I don’t have a flip phone is that my employer provides me with I-Phones every year or 2.

Roy is so right about the $1000.00 for a new phone however I just purchased my I-Phone 10 from my company that they just retired it for $110.00.