Ticket question

wgstl

Will I be able to screenshot the tickets on my phone, and use that to get in?  Like screenshotting an airline ticket..

I don't want to screenshot the ticket and send it to someone going tomorrow, for it not to work. 

In my experience the answer is no. If you and your friend are both iPhone users you can transfer them electronically for them to add to their Apple Wallet, but many apps now are explicitly warning that screenshots of tickets will not work. 

I could be wrong, but to err on the side of caution I'd exercise any other options you have to transfer the tickets. 

6 minutes ago, Bills By 40 said:

In my experience the answer is no. If you and your friend are both iPhone users you can transfer them electronically for them to add to their Apple Wallet, but many apps now are explicitly warning that screenshots of tickets will not work. 

I could be wrong, but to err on the side of caution I'd exercise any other options you have to transfer the tickets. 

the apple wallet doesn't work for me.  Tickets are going to be pain for me every game, great.

ST.  we're in a group where one guy purchased a bunch of seats, and we all pay him back for each seat. That's what it makes this much more complicated with this new paperless ticket thing. 

Just now, Littlebill said:

You don't need apple wallet. You can use it through the site

ya its just annoying to have to search the web on my phone to get to it.  Wish I could just screenshot the ticket that has the barcode and go in that way. 

16 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Arenas have switched from QR code’s to the similar technology you use when scanning your phone at a store to pay. At Nissan Stadium I just tapped my phone to the reader, it didn’t actually scan anything.

I personally love the NFC adaptation I don't think that changes the issue at hand for WG. 

7 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

QR codes can be scanned off a screenshot. NFC cannot. That's why they say you can't use a screenshot. Because it has no barcode.

The ticket for tomorrow’s game on my phone shows a QR code on it 

Does anyone know if we can link our SLUBillikens.com Ticketmaster account with our regular Ticketmaster.com account?  My goal here is to have my SLU tickets appear in my Ticketmaster app, instead of having to login to SLUBillikens.com/MyAccount then transfer the ticket to Google Pay (Android user here).

49 minutes ago, SluSignGuy said:

Does anyone know if we can link our SLUBillikens.com Ticketmaster account with our regular Ticketmaster.com account?  My goal here is to have my SLU tickets appear in my Ticketmaster app, instead of having to login to SLUBillikens.com/MyAccount then transfer the ticket to Google Pay (Android user here).

This is the important question. 

I've asked this maybe a week ago on another thread but i'll try again.

I have an iphone SE, the older one. I can put Ticketmaster concert tickets into Wallet. Cardinal baseball tickets will go into Wallet. However, I cannot get Billikens tickets to go there. The Add to Apple Wallet 'button' acts like it's been pressed, but that's the extent of it.

Is this a SLU  ticket thing, a Ticketmaster thing or is it something this old phone just can't do? Is there something I can do to make it work?

I appreciate this thread, the thread reminded me of to check out how to use the electronic tickets.

I got the tickets in my apple wallet it was painless.

I have an I-Phone 12 so they probably made it easier.

We are ready to get the party started.

2 hours ago, Littlebill said:

I haven't been able to do it with my US Soccer tickets for November either. I don't think its just an us (billikens fans) thing

Texas football tickets are QR and screen shottable and testable.  US Soccer tickets had some kinda pulsing feature that didn't allow screen shots.   But the Ticketmaster site allowed me to share with someone via email.

So if SLU has that feature it's actually easy to share.  The end user will get an email saying they have a ticket transferred to them.   They click the link and bam tickets. 

5 hours ago, Bills By 40 said:

Sent out several tickets to people in the past that I took a picture of.  They were able to use them without issue.

i was assured by the athletic department today that a screenshot should work.    i am going to meet up with them after i get in tonight to see why i wasnt able to move the tickets to my google pay app.   

i realize i am not the best with smart phones or computers but i also realize i am better at it than a lot of our more senior ticket holder boosters.   so i can only imagine the stress and anxiety this is causing.   i am sure it will all be worked out.  but boy could be a show at the door tonite.   think i will go early.  

drkelsey55 likes this

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

i was assured by the athletic department today that a screenshot should work.    i am going to meet up with them after i get in tonight to see why i wasnt able to move the tickets to my google pay app.   

i realize i am not the best with smart phones or computers but i also realize i am better at it than a lot of our more senior ticket holder boosters.   so i can only imagine the stress and anxiety this is causing.   i am sure it will all be worked out.  but boy could be a show at the door tonite.   think i will go early.  

I don't expect an mid-week exhibition game vs Rockhurst to be very well attended (I'd guess less than 4k), so this will be a good trial run for the the virtual tickets.  Hope with a smaller crowd, it will not be that much of an issue at the doors & they'll have the kinked worked out by the time the regular season starts.

49 minutes ago, jonny karate said:

What do all the folks without smart phones do? Bet this clientele has a lot of them. Do they allow printouts?

I honestly don't know any adults who do not have smart phones these days.  It is pretty hard to find / buy a cell phone that isn't a smart phone and has been that way for several years.  My 3 grandparents who were in their late 80s and passed away a few years ago all had smart phones and my wife's 2 grandparents also late 80s and recently passed did as well.  Honestly, if your elderly relative did not have a smart phone during the height of COVID & you didn't go buy them one so they could FaceTime / Zoom with loved ones, you should be practically be arrested for elder abuse.  I'll buy that a lot of older Billiken fans aren't very tech savvy with the smart phones & will have trouble with virtual tickets, but I'd wager the number of fans attending games without access to a smart phone is miniscule.