SLU Announcement GDT

slufan13

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder when they would have announced this were it not for the Big East speculation. On one hand, I don't think this project really moves the needle for whether we would get invited to a new conference. Chaifetz remains a top tier arena, but if we're being honest SLU is still middle-of-the-pack when it comes top 100 D1 practice facilities. But if they were planning on making this announcement sometime in the coming months, it would have been foolish to delay given the ongoing conference realignment. 

In the ongoing arms race, upgrades like these aren't "transformational" as much as they are necessary. It is good to see SLU making the necessary investments (or better said, raise the necessary funds) to keep us at the table for high D1 athletics. And I think the benefits to non-basketball programs will be a big boost for SLU athletics.

1 minute ago, NH said:

I wonder when they would have announced this were it not for the Big East speculation. On one hand, I don't think this project really moves the needle for whether we would get invited to a new conference. Chaifetz remains a top tier arena, but if we're being honest SLU is still middle-of-the-pack when it comes top 100 D1 practice facilities. But if they were planning on making this announcement sometime in the coming months, it would have been foolish to delay given the ongoing conference realignment. 

In the ongoing arms race, upgrades like these aren't "transformational" as much as they are necessary. It is good to see SLU making the necessary investments (or better said, raise the necessary funds) to keep us at the table for high D1 athletics. And I think the benefits to non-basketball programs will be a big boost for SLU athletics.

It was going to be announced around the time Ford Stuen passed. The soccer facility and student-athlete center we’re going to be announced together. They had to start construction on soccer facility to have it done on time. They delayed the big announcement til today. Unlucky timing.

BuiltFordBills likes this

Just now, billikenfan05 said:

Everyone talks about mental health until they trash a dude online just trying to make it the world. Carter is proud Billiken in the media, maybe we shouldn’t try to tar and feather him. That’s just my humble opinion though.

Nobody trashed Carter in this thread.  If his mental health can't withstand the super mild criticism in this thread, he probably needs to find a new career path.

dlarry likes this

1 minute ago, brianstl said:

Nobody trashed Carter in this thread.  If his mental health can't withstand the super mild criticism in this thread, he probably needs to find a new career path.

Twitter and YouTube comments were beyond brutal. I guess you also have Bonner on ignore and missed his brilliant assessment that “Chapley sucks” or whatever he said.