SLU Announcement GDT

slufan13

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, cheeseman said:

Not sure what you expected but this what all big time programs have so if you want to be big time you have to do these things.  Not sure what I expected but any amenities upgrade or addition is important to our long term growth of the athletic program.

Yes, you have to have this.  But most schools don't hype it up for a week to announce, they just do it.

bauman, almaman, Bizziken and 1 other like this

This is an important and necessary step forward for the program. I wish the news were more exciting, but am glad they're doing this nonetheless. I don't know why they hyped it up the way they did. Seems like an e-mail before the presentation would've been fine. 

bauman and TheChosenOne like this

Just now, cheeseman said:

Not sure what you expected but this what all big time programs have so if you want to be big time you have to do these things.  Not sure what I expected but any amenities upgrade or addition is important to our long term growth of the athletic program.

It maybe useful as heck and necessary to compete for world class athletes but it isn't sexy....

1 minute ago, cheeseman said:

When the school doesn't hype something then they get criticized and when they do they get criticized.  I can assure you that at  MO they would have done the same thing.

at least they had the sense to put "facilities" out there when speculation became ridiculous.....

Where exactly is this going.  I saw "by baseball and softball fields, close to the arena".  Not very clear. 

Wonder if its the patch of grass between the practice building - parking lot - and Billiken statue 

3 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Where exactly is this going.  I saw "by baseball and softball fields, close to the arena".  Not very clear. 

Wonder if its the patch of grass between the practice building - parking lot - and Billiken statue 

"......will be at the northwest end of Chaifetz between the arena and baseball and softball stadiums."

1 minute ago, cgeldmacher said:

If the student athletes don't live at this place, are we really expecting them to walk to it to get a smoothie?  I hope it is near enough to where all of the athletes are living that they use it.

If it’s at the NW corner of the arena, then that’ll be the closest food option to Grand Forest 

cgeldmacher likes this

2 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

If the student athletes don't live at this place, are we really expecting them to walk to it to get a smoothie?  I hope it is near enough to where all of the athletes are living that they use it.

It should be somewhere in between where they live and Chaifetz...I don't think it will be challenging to get them there. 

cgeldmacher likes this