SLU Announcement GDT

slufan13

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

What are the chances that this announcement lives up to the hype that the school/athletic department are giving it?

My expectation is that it’s going to be a pretty substantial building project. I also think that were it not for the Big East tease, we would look at this as a pretty huge deal. I have jokingly said that for every tweet today building this up, I add an extra $5 million to my expectation for the cost of the facility.

AlumniFan and brianstl like this

9 minutes ago, brianstl said:

If it is going to be an athletic facility that is only matched by programs in the P5 conferences for their non football sports, it will live up to the hype.  Everything I have heard leads me to believe that this facility will top that of any athletic program not in the SEC, PAC 12, Big 12, ACC and Big 10.  It will be better than what any Big East member currently has.

That seems like a huge deal and huge recruiting advantage for all the university's athletic teams going forward.

I think it all hinges on what people think that looks like. It’s all about what people are building in their heads. Ultimately that is what it’ll come down to as to wether or not you’re let down.

32 minutes ago, Scoop said:

My call is a Taj Mahal student athlete living facility ala Kansas.

This is what I was thinking as well. I remember reading about Kentucky's new housing facility for basketball players (now 9 years old) and thinking how ridiculous it was. Private chef and bathrooms designed with 7-footers in mind. I'm sure this is more common nowadays even among the non-blue bloods.

22 minutes ago, brianstl said:

If it is going to be an athletic facility that is only matched by programs in the P5 conferences for their non football sports, it will live up to the hype.  Everything I have heard leads me to believe that this facility will top that of any athletic program not in the SEC, PAC 12, Big 12, ACC and Big 10.  It will be better than what any Big East member currently has.

That seems like a huge deal and huge recruiting advantage for all the university's athletic teams going forward.

Oh my! Clean up in aisle slu let the dogs out's pants!