O.T. Game 162 A. L.

BLIKNS

2 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

hard to believe it's been 22 years since they have been in.   seemed like they were going most every year for awhile but time flies.  

gotta believe america for the most part is rooting against the evil astros.   despised cheaters and nobody likes dusty.   

wear your pearls!😄

not like they sucked last 20 years, they've had a few good teams. 11 first places in 22 years not too shabby.

billiken_roy likes this

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/18/2021 at 12:05 PM, slufanskip said:

I can't remember if he owned it or kept lying and making excuses. Imo if they came clean, owned it and served their year suspension, I'm good with a 2nd chance

Agree completely.

Im not mad at the Astors for cheating I’m mad about how they handled everything after they got caught. 
They all came off as a bunch of spoiled brats. 

Screw the Astors!

Go Braves!

i wonder how the chaifetz wifi would do with the direct tv stream of the braves game tonight?   might try to watch both the billikens and the braves if it works.  

who would ever think my two passions playing the same time.  😄

49 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

i wonder how the chaifetz wifi would do with the direct tv stream of the braves game tonight?   might try to watch both the billikens and the braves if it works.  

Shouldn’t be a problem. I’ve streamed other games, while watching our Bills, several times. 

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

Hahaha Roy, I was just about to ask what your plan was for tonight. I’m still stuck down in Florida. Was hoping for a stream of the exhibition so I could watch both. 

I was at Game 1 in Houston, expensive but tix were double in ATL.  Braves are 4-0 last 2 seasons with me in attendance, pretty sure that's science (2020 NLCS 2wins, 2021 regular season vs Mets in NYC win, Game 1, 2021 World Series at Minute Maid win).

View from section 424 row 18

Screenshot_20211102-233944_Gallery_remastered.jpg

Reinert310 likes this

19 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

I was at Game 1 in Houston, expensive but tix were double in ATL.  Braves are 4-0 last 2 seasons with me in attendance, pretty sure that's science (2020 NLCS 2wins, 2021 regular season vs Mets in NYC win, Game 1, 2021 World Series at Minute Maid win).

View from section 424 row 18

Screenshot_20211102-233944_Gallery_remastered.jpg

Love it!

It was definitely a lot of fun!  Happy days.  Next year all the injured back so a lot to look forward to as well.

Reinert310 likes this

soroka (arguably the best pitcher), morton (arguably the second best pitcher) and acuna (outfield picture is very very crowded) all back. 

Ozuna back as well and of course with his legal problems, initially no one will want via trade.   so they need to take him, showcase him in spring training and hope he generates some interest so they can move him.   

then we got joc pederson who is quite the character, but likely is odd man out as well.   and then there is still rosario, soler, and duvall.   there are free agents in there but boy i wouldnt want to be the GM sorting this out.   A DH in the national league would help the crowding situation. 

surely they wont be stupid enough to let freeman walk.   he is the team treasure like molina and wainwright are in St Louis.  letting him go would be a PR blunder.

nice to know as a braves fan the future is very promising to stay at the top of baseball circles.  

4 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

soroka (arguably the best pitcher), morton (arguably the second best pitcher) and acuna (outfield picture is very very crowded) all back. 

Ozuna back as well and of course with his legal problems, initially no one will want via trade.   so they need to take him, showcase him in spring training and hope he generates some interest so they can move him.   

then we got joc pederson who is quite the character, but likely is odd man out as well.   and then there is still rosario, soler, and duvall.   there are free agents in there but boy i wouldnt want to be the GM sorting this out.   A DH in the national league would help the crowding situation. 

surely they wont be stupid enough to let freeman walk.   he is the team treasure like molina and wainwright are in St Louis.  letting him go would be a PR blunder.

nice to know as a braves fan the future is very promising to stay at the top of baseball circles.  

I just can’t imagine you let the face of the franchise through the entire rebuild to get us here, who is still probably the best 1st baseman in baseball, walk immediately after we win the Series. Especially when it’s not like he’s a Boras Corp client who will be auctioning himself off to the highest bidder. If we make him a fair offer (my guess is a few million more than the Cardinals gave Goldschmidt, 5 years at $140-150 would certainly get that deal done), he’s going to come back. 

With Ozuna, my guess is he will actually have a lengthy suspension, maybe the entire season, so we won’t have to worry about his contract at least for most of next year. Remember, right now, he’s still on “administrative leave”. The league has yet to give him his punishment.

But looking back on this season, late June, we haven’t been over .500 all year. Soroka having to get ANOTHER Achilles surgery. d’Arnaud out with torn thumb ligament. Ynoa out with a broken hand after punching the bench. Smyly giving up 12 bombs a start. The entire bullpen having a combined ERA of about 147.00. Freeman hitting about .220. Riley hitting about the same. Heredia starting in Center. Orlando Arcia starting in left. Kevan Smith starting behind the plate. We’re on the road in Miami and all of sudden Acuna goes down in a heap in right field of Marlins Park and everybody watching knows it’s an ACL. And in that moment, sitting stunned in front of the television, I remember thinking to myself… “we’re gonna win the World Series!”

ozuna has been put on probation by the court system.  i doubt mlb will exceed their punishment.  my understanding is if he has no issue between now and the beginning of the season he will have his record actually erased.   i think all concerned know his wife is a total whack job.   now that's no excuse for trying to choke her, but still she is a significant "influence on his past actions.  

i heard that his wife was the reason the cardinals didnt want him around any longer as they felt she was a time bomb ready to go off and she affected his performance greatly.   

again, no excuse for what he did and he deserved to be arrested and suspended at least.   i am sure he is more poison now for all of the other teams than he was when he came to atlanta.  shame because he can hit.  

2 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

ozuna has been put on probation by the court system.  i doubt mlb will exceed their punishment.  my understanding is if he has no issue between now and the beginning of the season he will have his record actually erased.   i think all concerned know his wife is a total whack job.   now that's no excuse for trying to choke her, but still she is a significant "influence on his past actions.  

i heard that his wife was the reason the cardinals didnt want him around any longer as they felt she was a time bomb ready to go off and she affected his performance greatly.   

again, no excuse for what he did and he deserved to be arrested and suspended at least.   i am sure he is more poison now for all of the other teams than he was when he came to atlanta.  shame because he can hit.  

Shame that they didn’t levy the same punishment to Randy “Flavor of the Month” Arozarena. But he puts Butts in the seats, so Manfred Mann, blinded by the light, lets him play.

5 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

Yeah. All that legal stuff is way over my head. There’s probably a good chance the upcoming CBA negotiations could effect the Ozuna situation too. But you’re right about her being crazy. Again, nobody here is excusing what he did. But I remember after he first signed him, before LAST season, a story came out that HIS WIFE was arrested and he had to get stitches on his arm or hand because she stabbed him with a broken plate. Just an unbelievably toxic relationship on both sides.

billiken_roy likes this