O.T. Game 162 A. L.

BLIKNS

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

appears the el bravo train is picking up steam!!!   love it!

Don't get too happy about it.  They are the least of the evils in front of us.  I will be cheering for the Barves, but not so much that I will be doing the chop.  At this point, me wanting the Barves to win is more about not wanting the other teams to win.

8 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

Don't get too happy about it.  They are the least of the evils in front of us.  I will be cheering for the Barves, but not so much that I will be doing the chop.  At this point, me wanting the Barves to win is more about not wanting the other teams to win.

I’ll take it! Go lesser of all evils! Go Braves!

3 hours ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

Think Blue,True Blue, Billiken Blue & Dodger Blue!

When you get to know them, the Dodgers aren’t even evil. Giants fans? They think the Cards are no different than Cincinnati, Milwaukee, Kansas City.

The Dodgers are basically an all-star team. And they won it last year.

7 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

The Dodgers are basically an all-star team. And they won it last year.

The Dodgers have some holes, are not the same team without Giants Killer 1B Max Muncy, go through hitting droughts within games, have a spotty bullpen. 

While LA has outscored SF 16-9 in the first 4 games of this series, the Giants have shut out the Dodgers in 2 of the first 4 games. 

These teams, these cities, are arch-rivals. Tomorrow night’s Game 5 in SF should be epic.

3 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

The Dodgers have some holes, are not the same team without Giants Killer 1B Max Muncy, go through hitting droughts within games, have a spotty bullpen. 

Yeah, losing Muncy sucks for the Dodgers. As a Braves fan, I’d still rather face the Giants. I know they had the best record all year, but they just don’t scare me nearly as much as the Dodgers, even without Muncy. Maybe that’s naive.

1 minute ago, Reinert310 said:

Yeah, losing Muncy sucks for the Dodgers. As a Braves fan, I’d still rather face the Giants. I know they had the best record all year, but they just don’t scare me nearly as much as the Dodgers, even without Muncy. Maybe that’s naive.

No, I agree. The Dodgers are better than the Giants, irrespective of that 1 game margin. Plus, absent a clearly blown check swing strike called ball on Ruff on 7/22 in LA (he went at least 2/3 of the way around), tomorrow night’s Game 5 would be in LA, not SF.

8 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

No, I agree. The Dodgers are better than the Giants, irrespective of that 1 game margin. Plus, absent a clearly blown check swing strike called ball on Ruff on 7/22 in LA (he went at least 2/3 of the way around), tomorrow night’s Game 5 would be in LA, not SF.

I think homefield advantage is overblown. Don’t get me wrong, it helps to have the home crowd going crazy. But not as much as it helps to have Scherzer on the mound. (I dunno if Scherzer is starting game 5, just an example.)

On 10/13/2021 at 10:25 PM, Reinert310 said:

I think homefield advantage is overblown. Don’t get me wrong, it helps to have the home crowd going crazy. But not as much as it helps to have Scherzer on the mound. (I dunno if Scherzer is starting game 5, just an example.)

Go Barves - that Joc Pederson is something.

54 minutes ago, thatskablamo said:

What about Hinch? I guess he went where managers go to die (Detroit). Solid Penance. 

I can't remember if he owned it or kept lying and making excuses. Imo if they came clean, owned it and served their year suspension, I'm good with a 2nd chance

BilliesBy40 likes this

22 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

Shout out to @billiken_roy!  We ‘re in the World Series! Still can’t believe it!

The Brave’s are on a roll keep it going.

The Brave’s are making the World Series interesting and worth watching.

Reinert310 likes this

hard to believe it's been 22 years since they have been in.   seemed like they were going most every year for awhile but time flies.  

gotta believe america for the most part is rooting against the evil astros.   despised cheaters and nobody likes dusty.   

wear your pearls!😄

Reinert310 likes this