The preferred walk on from Chicago area

BLIKNS

11 minutes ago, BLIKNS said:

Just curious looked at the roster, he is no longer listed, did he end up not enrolling???

Kyle Engstler is the name of the kid.

Was he ever actually listed on the official roster on SLUBillikens.com?  I can't recall seeing his name.

I wonder if they might just wait / neglect to list walk-ons until the season actually starts.  Seems like the walk-on situation can be sort of fluid.  I can't find anything on social media newer than the above tweet.

Kyle Engstler still has that post on his twitter feed as the first post, so I'm guessing he is still planning to walk on at SLU.

You can check his twitter: @kyle_engstler

Also, he does appear to be enrolled at SLU per SLU people finder: 

(Search for Kyle Engstler on this website: https://ws.slu.edu/peoplefinder/index.php )

RUBillsFan likes this

16 hours ago, SLUMedBilliken15 said:

Kyle Engstler still has that post on his twitter feed as the first post, so I'm guessing he is still planning to walk on at SLU.

You can check his twitter: @kyle_engstler

Also, he does appear to be enrolled at SLU per SLU people finder: 

(Search for Kyle Engstler on this website: https://ws.slu.edu/peoplefinder/index.php )

Good call on the SLU people finder.

Kind of weird that he's not on the official roster, but we've seen times in the not too distant future where walk-ons didn't have their own jerseys, right?

An interesting thing I noticed on people finder is that the "class" listed for our players doesn't match up necessarily with their "class" listed on the official roster.  Presumably people finder lists their class by credit hours and the official roster lists their class by eligibility.  The official roster doesn't count last year, so guys like Lorentsson & Strickland are freshman, Yuri & TJ are soph, etc.  Therefore, in most cases guys are just one class ahead in people finder.  The few guys that aren't are of interest:

Player - Official Roster Class - People Finder Class

Yuri Collins - Sophomore - Junior

Markhi Strickland - Freshman - Sophomore

Javonte Perkins - Senior - Senior

Francis Okoro - Junior - Junior

Rashad Williams - Junior - Junior

Marten Linssen - Junior - nothing listed (I think this means he's a grad student)

Andre Lorentsson - Freshman - Freshman

Jordan Nesbitt - Freshman - Freshman

Fred Thatch Jr - RS Soph - nothing listed (grad student)

Terrence Hargrove Jr - Sophomore - Junior

Lassina Traore - Freshman - Freshman

Gibson Jimerson - RS Freshman - Junior

Brandon Courtney - Junior - Senior

DeAndre Jones - Senior - nothing listed (grad student)