Future Rosters

HoosierPal

8 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

HoosierPal, another way to say the same thing that SLU Lax is saying is this.... Medical redshirts are only available to players who played a small part of a season, get hurt, and then want to recover the year of eligibility they used on that shortened season.  This doesn't apply to Okoro, because he didn't play at all last season.  You can't use a medical redshirt to add a season of eligibility, only to recover one that you used.  Okoro has already used two years of eligibity (18-19 & 19-20) at Oregon.  He didn't use a year of eligibility last year that he can ask to recover.  So, he has two years left with us.

But I want him to have 3 years.

Billiken Rich likes this

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Great decision by Martin.   Obviously he is a European player.   Take the money and run.   No sense imo of taking a year long chance on injury that could dash that dream.   

AGB91 and NextYearBill like this

On 9/24/2021 at 3:11 PM, RUBillsFan said:

If @SluSignGuy wants to pin the scholarship chart, I'd gladly update annually or as movement occurs.  However, I don't like a ton of pinned topics that you have to go past to get to the active topics.  I'd suggest pinning it as part of @Pistol's already pinned recruiting thread to avoid that.  I'm happy to maintain it as part of that thread or email him the spreadsheet and let him maintain it in his recruiting thread.  I'd wager Pistol is tracking scholarships somehow himself anyways. 

Removing Useful Billiken and Atlantic 10 Links pin may be helpful.  I went through it a while back and I couldn't find one that was helpful.  I didn't go through every link, admittedly.  

• 1 month later...

OT  Didn't want to start a new thread for one comment.

Our 2022-23 OOC is shaping up nicely, and probably mostly complete except for some home buy games.

Iona - away - neutral

Auburn - away

(SIUC -  away, I think)

NC State - away (return game from 20-21 season)

Tourney with Providence, Miami and Maryland

Boise State - Home

Memphis - Home

Is the MW challenge dead?

3star_recruit, Pistol, NH and 1 other like this

25 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Our 2022-23 OOC is shaping up nicely, and probably mostly complete except for some home buy games.

Iona - away - neutral

Auburn - away

(SIUC -  away, I think)

Boise State - Home

Memphis - Home

I would expect us to have UAB away as well. I believe the MWC-A10 challenge is dead.

HoosierPal likes this

On 12/7/2021 at 7:22 AM, billiken_roy said:

Great decision by Martin.   Obviously he is a European player.   Take the money and run.   No sense imo of taking a year long chance on injury that could dash that dream.   

He'll change his mind after he sees my NIL offering to support my new product BillikenWurst. It's like bratwurst but with billiken ears on it.

51 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Dang.  If we go to UAB, go to Auburn, go to Raleigh, go to Carbondale, go to NY and the tourney, that is one heck of an away OOC.

Good point. Maybe they try to push UAB or Iona to the following season. It doesn’t seem like Travis likes spending too many games in a row away from Chaifetz.

AGB91 likes this

7 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Iona - away - neutral

Auburn - away

(SIUC -  away, I think)

Boise State - Home

Memphis - Home

That is a loaded schedule. 

On 9/23/2021 at 1:27 PM, bauman said:

I think no one really has any idea on how all these redshirt, tranfers, JUCO pickups Covid year rules actually apply and therefore I suggest we just play guys for however long we need them and they want to stay in school.  No one will have any clue as to if we are correct or not.  This is more complex than splitting an atom.

Correct, the truth about the regulations, mandates, vaccines, new strains, etc of Covid and how they impact NCAA regulations, local regs, restrictions, etc is an ever changing landscape. Let's not forget that there is a lot of legislative and legal action involved in this matter as well. At this time there is no firm ground that can be used to predict what the rules for eligibility after this season, or any other future season will be as long as the virus is present and active. Splitting the atom had rules that did not change, Covid's rules, strains, etc change constantly. No one can predict the future when rules are changing the way they are, it is a waste of time.

Bauman is correct, we just play the guys for however long we need them and however long they want to stay and play.