Welcome Sincere Parker!

ARon

1 hour ago, billikenfan05 said:

I feel like I should clarify, I really don’t mind it as an internal thing but replacing the word Billikens in social media posts marketing the team kind of offends me. Im a Billiken fan, I’ve been a Billiken fan for 32 years. I’ll be a Billiken fan long after Travis is no longer the coach. I don’t yell go Team Blue at games, and nobody should. It’s being framed as a nickname, not a rally cry. That’s where I take issue. 

It’s like a boring version of “Spoonball.”

I don’t care one way or the other but if they are going to use something I wish it was more creative.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, dlarry said:

It’s like a boring version of “Spoonball.”

I don’t care one way or the other but if they are going to use something I wish it was more creative.

Ford knows how to relate to 14-18 year olds. If this is what he thinks is necessary, more power to him. No one, outside of college coaches, knows how hard it is to have your job (livelihood) depend on the personal whims of people ages 14-22. Maybe he thinks that teens won’t care about the story of the Billiken, or might find it lame. Ok. Sure. As they age, they will appreciate how unique it is. I am sure it is easier for anyone to imagine joining Team Blue, as compared to Team Billiken. Simplifying messaging works.

14 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

I feel like I should clarify, I really don’t mind it as an internal thing but replacing the word Billikens in social media posts marketing the team kind of offends me. Im a Billiken fan, I’ve been a Billiken fan for 32 years. I’ll be a Billiken fan long after Travis is no longer the coach. I don’t yell go Team Blue at games, and nobody should. It’s being framed as a nickname, not a rally cry. That’s where I take issue. 

another - on Blue, only about a 1/3 of teams share Blue as a color, no sharing with our mascot, on this continent anyway.