Welcome Sincere Parker!

ARon

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I put a bio up on the 2022 interest list a few weeks ago. Not much to the scouting report, as I had added a ton of new names and was going to circle back to edit/add as needed:

Sincere Parker - G, 6-3, 180 - Rockford, IL (Moberly Area CC, MO) - Twitter: @SincereParker8
Offers: None.

Interest: Saint Louis, Butler, Iowa State, Arkansas, Missouri, Cincinnati, Tulsa, New Mexico, Valparaiso, Indiana State, Illinois State, Jacksonville State, SIU-Edwardsville, Texas-El Paso, Louisiana Tech, Southern Miss, Cleveland State, Illinois-Chicago, Green Bay, East Tennessee State, William & Mary, Nicholls State, Georgia State, Little Rock, Louisiana-Monroe, South Dakota State, Denver, Kansas City, NJIT, Long Beach State, UC-Santa Barbara, Southern Utah, Montana State, Radford, Longwood, South Carolina-Upstate, Bryant, North Florida, Grand Canyon.

Latest News: Parker will play another season at Moberly. (9/3/21)

Scouting Report: Parker is an athletic, versatile guard who scores on three levels. He's a very good perimeter shooter. He rebounds his position well. He played his freshman year at Moberly Area after finishing HS at Compass Prep in Arizona.

-I had come up with a shortlist of candidates after Sean West's post here and he was one of them. Have to get back to work at the moment but I'll have more thoughts later.

Welcome Sincere Parker!  Looks like a great pickup.  Excited to see what he can do.

Not trying to take anything away from the excitement of a commitment, but here are few thoughts:

Caveat - with the way transfers are going, worrying about scholarship count and roster construction year to year may be kind of pointless.

1. Our 2022 class is now kind of a curious fit because al 3 are wing types.  I worry about our front court depth a little bit.  If you project out, in 2023 you are left with Traore and freshmen or transfers as the only bigs on the roster.  I guess we could call Lorentsson a big, but that doesn't assuage my fears.  I also don't think Okoro gets an extra COVID year because he didn't play last season.
  2. We're currently over booked on scholarships for 2022, right?  2 scholarships available for 2022 would be the one that's current unused and DeAndre Jones.  Or is Linssen a "senior" who wouldn't take a scholarship spot if he comes back in 2022 (similar to Perkins this year).

19 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

Welcome Sincere Parker!  Looks like a great pickup.  Excited to see what he can do.

Not trying to take anything away from the excitement of a commitment, but here are few thoughts:

Caveat - with the way transfers are going, worrying about scholarship count and roster construction year to year may be kind of pointless.

1. Our 2022 class is now kind of a curious fit because al 3 are wing types.  I worry about our front court depth a little bit.  If you project out, in 2023 you are left with Traore and freshmen or transfers as the only bigs on the roster.  I guess we could call Lorentsson a big, but that doesn't assuage my fears.  I also don't think Okoro gets an extra COVID year because he didn't play last season.
  2. We're currently over booked on scholarships for 2022, right?  2 scholarships available for 2022 would be the one that's current unused and DeAndre Jones.  Or is Linssen a "senior" who wouldn't take a scholarship spot if he comes back in 2022 (similar to Perkins this year).

Jeeze. You’re right. I can’t even keep track anymore. I was assuming Williams was a senior, but I could’ve just made that up. I believe if Linssen comes back, it will be on the “free year” and won’t count towards the limit. But I could be wrong about that too. Let’s face it, I’m wrong about a lot of things, so this is nothing new.

Perkins and Jones are done after this season, as fifth year seniors. Kramer and Thames can't replace 10 combined years of experience immediately. Parker gives some immediate scoring punch at the 2 with a couple years of JUCO experience under his belt.

I'm not 100% sure whether Williams can play another year or not. I wasn't sure if COVID waivers were going to 2x transfers but I could be wrong. He's listed as a junior.

16 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

wow he didnt miss a single shot!

Lol Roy. I’d love to see a high school basketball player, maybe 1 that was good enough to play varsity, but not good enough to play in college, make a highlight video of all the shots he missed. 

billiken_roy likes this

1 hour ago, Cowboy II said:

-I'll take a 40% shooter from 3

Will take the 40% from 3 AND 80% from the line.

This guy scored only 20 points his entire sophomore season in high school, then the next year averaged 19 points a game, named second-team Illinois all-state. He's a baller & even better a JUCO baller, successor to Perk.