Ben Frederickson is at it again

Brighton

2 hours ago, cheeseman said:

My comments were not Specific to me but a commentary on your approach to how you view your responsibility to society in general. You seem to view your actions as only impacting you and not how it impacts others. I understand that you have made a decision based on whatever you chose to factor in but as a society we have to act not solely as individuals but as a collective group at times. Telling a person who is concerned about their child’s health that that is his problem not yours is a perfect example of how you view your relationship in society. 

It's all about rational risk management.  If I thought my child was safer in the car ride to school than at school, I'd be an idiot.  If my child had a severe peanut allergy, I'd probably keep him home rather than asking the rest of the world be peanut free.  We all have to decide what is a tolerable risk. 

At this point everyone can spread covid be they vaxxed or not so I've given up despising the unvaccinated.  Mask theater is the price of coming to work and shopping each day so I do that too.  I'm resigned to everyone getting covid in some, hopefully mild, way.  I hope everybody lives through this.  There is nothing I can do about it, one way or another........  

brianstl likes this

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

I'm resigned to everyone getting covid in some, hopefully mild, way.  I hope everybody lives through this.  There is nothing I can do about it, one way or another........  

this is a great line.   thanks Rich.

2 hours ago, Billiken Rich said:

It's all about rational risk management.  If I thought my child was safer in the car ride to school than at school, I'd be an idiot.  If my child had a severe peanut allergy, I'd probably keep him home rather than asking the rest of the world be peanut free.  We all have to decide what is a tolerable risk. 

At this point everyone can spread covid be they vaxxed or not so I've given up despising the unvaccinated.  Mask theater is the price of coming to work and shopping each day so I do that too.  I'm resigned to everyone getting covid in some, hopefully mild, way.  I hope everybody lives through this.  There is nothing I can do about it, one way or another........  

That’s fine. And I don’t necessarily disagree. But the cold callousness of saying “That's a you problem, not an us problem” in response to someone showing concern about their unvaccinated, high-risk, asthmatic children is just really uncalled for and unnecessary.

TaLBErt likes this

Not to bring actual scientific discourse into this thread, but the small studies that initially said that vaccinated people are just as infectious with Delta compared to unvaccinated were very flawed. They only looked at how many rounds of PCR were needed to get a positive test (a rough estimate of viral load), but didn't culture the virus to see if it was actually alive and dangerous. Other studies have shown that the virus particles cultured from the noses of vaccinated people are pretty damaged and less virulent and that the viral levels drop faster than in unvaccinated people (like they fall after 3 days instead of 7-10 days).

Just my two cents.

Ironbills and RUBillsFan like this

5 minutes ago, Deutschkind said:

Not to bring actual scientific discourse into this thread, but the small studies that initially said that vaccinated people are just as infectious with Delta compared to unvaccinated were very flawed. They only looked at how many rounds of PCR were needed to get a positive test (a rough estimate of viral load), but didn't culture the virus to see if it was actually alive and dangerous. Other studies have shown that the virus particles cultured from the noses of vaccinated people are pretty damaged and less virulent and that the viral levels drop faster than in unvaccinated people (like they fall after 3 days instead of 7-10 days).

Just my two cents.

Alright, I think we can all agree, science has no place on this board 😉