I am a big Hasahn fan

After reading through the Goodwin thread I was curious about others thoughts regarding the play of our other 4 year senior. 

I am a big Hasahn fan and have been bummed by how his senior season has gone so far. 

He doesn't seem right. Maybe it was the early season concussion, off-season covid, grandmother's passing, etc. 

I don't know what it is but he hasn't been the dominant Hasahn from past seasons.

17 minutes ago, sigourneyanderson said:

After reading through the Goodwin thread I was curious about others thoughts regarding the play of our other 4 year senior. 

I am a big Hasahn fan and have been bummed by how his senior season has gone so far. 

He doesn't seem right. Maybe it was the early season concussion, off-season covid, grandmother's passing, etc. 

I don't know what it is but he hasn't been the dominant Hasahn from past seasons.

B58764CB-B012-4AF6-ADE8-D7A5ED7859DE.jpeg

Fan Guy likes this

Has anyone ever crapped their pants before? I was watching the Mike Jarvis-led Red Storm in my boxers back in high school one Saturday morning and decided to let one rip. Never been that shocked in my life. I suspect it may have had something to do with the 30 Nat Lights and 5 bowls of Steak N Shake chili I consumed the night prior. Only solution was to just jump in the shower. Hasn’t happened since. 

1 hour ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Has anyone ever crapped their pants before? I was watching the Mike Jarvis-led Red Storm in my boxers back in high school one Saturday morning and decided to let one rip. Never been that shocked in my life. I suspect it may have had something to do with the 30 Nat Lights and 5 bowls of Steak N Shake chili I consumed the night prior. Only solution was to just jump in the shower. Hasn’t happened since. 

2 hours ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

No, on the crapped my pants before question, but can report some massive bouts of greasy cheeks which can be almost as unnerving.

What did happen was once when I was little, my mom put me in the shopping cart and tried to keep me quiet by buying me a box of animal crackers. Even at 18 mos. old I knew I didn’t like being shut up, so I took that box of animal crackers and flung it. Just as I did, the store manager turned toward me and the box smacked him right in the face. 

Instead of him being upset, he came over to tell my mom he’d never seen an arm like that on a kid that young. Turned out, he was a long-time Pony League coach, ages 13-14, and he told my mom to get me involved in baseball as soon as she could. 

12 years later, I tried out for his team and became the Number 1 pitcher in the rotation. True story.

On 9/9/2021 at 9:08 PM, sigourneyanderson said:

Come on, we still have half the conference schedule and the A10 tourney. I think he'll step up big come March. Doncha think, Sigourney? Oh, and welcome to the board. We need more well informed fans like yourself!

billiken_roy likes this

On 9/9/2021 at 9:08 PM, sigourneyanderson said:

My mom doesn't like Meatloaf. The singer or the food. I agree it doesn't make sense. 

4 hours ago, slufanskip said:

Trivia? What's the movie ... Meatloaf for dinner again? 

Rocky Horror Picture Show

Oh great memories.   High School days

3 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

Rocky Horror Picture Show

Oh great memories.   High School days

And Don't cry Janet, it's not the first time you've eaten Meatloaf.

My brother and I went every Friday night just for just about a year. Rice, Squirt guns, confetti and newspaper in hand. I'm sure they did the same here but they used to act out the movie in front of the theater.  I acted the part of Brad during one half drunken night, performed for 45 min in my underwear. 

When we first got to St. louis in about '91 or '92 I took my wife to see it as she had never been. It had gotten so out of hand with too many new lines being yelled and props I had no idea what they were for. 

14 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Fight_Club_poster.jpg

273-2738973_greater-than-sign-less-than-

MV5BNDlkZGQ4NWUtMTM2Yy00ZmQ3LWJjMGItMWIy

I love the movie, if you haven’t read the book Fight Club…it’s better. I know everyone says that about every book turned movie, but it’s true.

Larry you are showing your age, or lack thereof.   Tim Curry played the real frank n furter.   and he never danced the time warp in the movie

3 hours ago, Reinert310 said:

I love the movie, if you haven’t read the book Fight Club…it’s better. I know everyone says that about every book turned movie, but it’s true.

I love the book, but its essentially an extended short story, not really a novel.  I think this is a rare case where the movie is better than the book.

The movie when it came out, had a huge negative PR campaign against it.  It was only mildly successful at the box office and didn't take off until the DVD was released.  It should have won multiple awards in retrospect.  Ebert panned it completely and Rosie O'Donnell did a whole show on how horrible it was and then gave away the twist ending before it even came out.  Looking back it was very strange how it was perceived leading up to its release.  None of the criticism was about the performances or the story.  The media just didn't like the themes presented in the movie, not exactly what criticism should be based on.