2021-2022 Season

Aquinas

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, jonny karate said:

Anyone knows what goes on during the open practice? Probably will be getting there around 430. Do the ladies go on first? Do they announce the player. Dont know much about this. I do know I will be eating a lot of popcorn

Wear tennis shoes and a headband they give audience members a chance to run 3 on 3.  Also expect Oprah style give aways check under your seat.  

1 hour ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Wear tennis shoes and a headband they give audience members a chance to run 3 on 3.  Also expect Oprah style give aways check under your seat.  

That would be hilarious! I try that tactic when I attend a pro golf tournament. I wear golf shoes and a titlist hat and wait for phil Mickelson to ask me take a shot. It's never happened 

On 10/13/2021 at 6:34 PM, 3star_recruit said:

What one person calls having an attitude, another person calls firing himself up.  It's a character Nesbitt plays on the court, a la Kevin Garnett.

-as long as his teammates, coaches, the refs and the folks in Newport News understand then I guess he'll get by with it

Hopefully, Nesbitt’s not a Gordon type scenario. If so, just have someone use Gordon’s journey as an example of what happens where you’re likely to end up when you go on the dreaded ego trip. For right now, let’s just chalk up the attitude to youthful enthusiasm. With guidance from his teammates and staff hopefully this too shall pass. From the videos it appears he has the tools to be very successful here, but so did Cart’are in the early going. 

1 hour ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Any fan with eligibility left gets a raffle ticket. winner gets to sit on bench during OOC home games.

4 minutes ago, almaman said:

Any fan with eligibility left gets a raffle ticket. winner gets to sit on bench during OOC home games.

Many years ago one member of the Tip-Off-Club got to sit on the bench. I sat there once and hated it. I was afraid I would yell at the refs and get a T. You just tried to stay out of the way. 

I once got the ‘game ball’ at the pre game ceremony from Debbie Yow. After the pictures with her and the Billiken, I turned and dribbled downcourt to take a shot. Those balls are not full of air and i totally embarrassed myself trying to dribble it! I then ran to the basket and had to take two shots to make a layup. 🤪🤪

Box and Won likes this

Just now, Billikenbooster said:

I once got the ‘game ball’ at the pre game ceremony from Debbie Yow. After the pictures with her and the Billiken, I turned and dribbled downcourt to take a shot. Those balls are not full of air and i totally embarrassed myself trying to dribble it! I then ran to the basket and had to take two shots to make a layup. 🤪🤪

I remember that.........I was impressed enough by the chutzpa that I didn't even notice the shooting form 

Who was it that won the shot for some sort of burger "for life?"  I remember he had to drive the the marketing company in Creve Coeur to pick up coupons from time to time...... 

My claim to fame was a time out contest. Got to shoot free throws against another gentleman. We both bricked about 5 then they said shoot a layup. I made mine and got the opportunity to shoot a 3. If I made the 3 you won 2 tickets from TWA to anywhere in the continental US. Somehow I made it. Took a trip to South Florida and saw Larry Hughes play South Florida in the sundome. Billiken Roy needs to tell us about his baseball bat spin. 

slufanskip likes this

8 minutes ago, wgstl said:

training my 3 mo old for the baby race.  

I'm really bummed because my 10 month old will likely be too old by the time of the race....  (I think it is late in the conference season if I remember correctly.) My wife and I will have to plan better for our second child. 

12 minutes ago, willie said:

My claim to fame was a time out contest. Got to shoot free throws against another gentleman. We both bricked about 5 then they said shoot a layup. I made mine and got the opportunity to shoot a 3. If I made the 3 you won 2 tickets from TWA to anywhere in the continental US. Somehow I made it. Took a trip to South Florida and saw Larry Hughes play South Florida in the sundome. Billiken Roy needs to tell us about his baseball bat spin. 

jesus, i almost threw up.   i was so off balance and dizzy i ran into the timeout huddle.    i could never be an astronaut.  

Reinert310 likes this

36 minutes ago, SLUMedBilliken15 said:

I'm really bummed because my 10 month old will likely be too old by the time of the race....  (I think it is late in the conference season if I remember correctly.) My wife and I will have to plan better for our second child. 

I believe its normally in late January? We'll only be around 7 months, so Vegas will be against us. 

55 minutes ago, SLUMedBilliken15 said:

maybe all get extra year cause of the CV thing

4 hours ago, jonny karate said:

Anyone knows what goes on during the open practice? Probably will be getting there around 430. Do the ladies go on first? Do they announce the player. Dont know much about this. I do know I will be eating a lot of popcorn

It is a glorified practice scrimmage usually.  I have gone to a couple of these and honestly I don't think you learn much about the team for the season play.  It is a nice PR thing for the school/team.  

2 minutes ago, abas115 said:

This is unlike what I saw Sunday, they were really busting their a$ses out there. 

I wouldn’t expect that for the practice scrimmage. That is just a practice play. Yuri’s vision deserves credit. Linssen and Williams deserve some grief for what they did there.

Bills By 40 likes this