2021-2022 Season

Aquinas

2 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

besides being small jones is physically weak compared to the rest of the team imo.   his progress the last few weeks has regressed imo.   he had a decent start to the season and i dont know why it seems he has regressed.   i now am not comfortable with him in the game particularly when you have a team playing physical defense.   

i too would prefer nesbit be the second point guard.   and i defintely dont want him and yuri in the game at the same time.   too much size issue imo.

yep

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/11/2022 at 1:29 PM, NoCoBillsFan said:

I bring it up in every game day thread and have kept a mental note. He’s missed big open shots late against Iona, Auburn, and UAB that I can remember off of the top of my head. I’m probably missing some too. It was the same way last season with the exception of the LSU game.

Belmont is the only game where he made a big shot late this year, which was a fadeaway three over a double team (which was an absolutely crazy shot that he deserves kudos for). That combined with a huge Nesbitt steal is what kept us in the game with less than 30 seconds left. 

I think Jimerson is a great player and deserves praise for what he’s done this year. But I think him missing big shots is a fair point to make, especially when he’s been tasked with shooting them almost every game.

every  missed  shot is a  big one. Cards lose  the opener finish game out that  loss as  big as the rest. Keep up the bad karma & watch him hit the portal :(

6 hours ago, AnkielBreakers said:

It is just two games. I would not count him out. He played bad against Iona, and they went after him. He played scared against Dayton. He will get back on track. That said, we need Nesbitt or another option if a team can Iona him.

Yuri is going to play 35+min per game and he's back next year. Our greater need is  full-time scoring threat and rebounder. I would like to see Nesbitt gain a better understanding of when to shoot and when to pass, in addition to grabbing rebounds. 

Interesting update from SBUnfurled.  Our at Bonnie game still not rescheduled, but perhaps a Super Bowl Sunday battle?  I think he means playing the Bills twice in three days, once here on Feb 11 and the Sunday SB day there.  But that would give us 3 games in 5 days.  So.......

4 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Interesting update from SBUnfurled.  Our at Bonnie game still not rescheduled, but perhaps a Super Bowl Sunday battle?

SLU plays Bona @ Chaifetz on Friday 2/11 and then SLU plays LaSalle at Chaifetz on Tueday 2/15.  Bona hosts Umass on Wednesday 2/16.  It would be crazy for SLU to get to Olean on 2/13, so playing 2 games vs Bona at Chaifetz instead makes sense.  I don't know why you'd necessarily wait until Sunday to do it.  Seems like a back-to-back would work  better schedule wise.  The WBB team hosts Davidson on Saturday 2/12, so it would have to be a late afternoon tip on Saturday & a double-header w the WBB game unless you got them to swap times.   It isn't ideal, but the Missouri Valley did back-to-backs at once team's home arena all last season during conference play.

I expect that SLU @ Bona just won't happen & we'll only play Bona once unless there are significant additional cancellations/postponements  that open up the schedule perfectly for SLU & Bona.

9 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Interesting update from SBUnfurled.  Our at Bonnie game still not rescheduled, but perhaps a Super Bowl Sunday battle?  I think he means playing the Bills twice in three days, once here on Feb 11 and the Sunday SB day there.  But that would give us 3 games in 5 days.  So.......

Sounded to me that he was saying they would play us twice here not a home and away split unless I am reading him wrong.

25 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

Sounded to me that he was saying they would play us twice here not a home and away split unless I am reading him wrong.

Perhaps. I don’t know. But that game has to be played.  It would impact NET and probably league standings. 

35 minutes ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

No way we should play them twice at home. If we reschedule that game it needs to be on the road to give us another potential Q1 opportunity 

Are you saying that the only way it is a Q1 game is if it is an away game?  What difference would it make?  I thought the opponent's  NET ranking determines the Quadrant ranking.

6 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

Are you saying that the only way it is a Q1 game is if it is an away game?  What difference would it make?  I thought the opponent's  NET ranking determines the Quadrant ranking.

Because the Bonnies NET number is not great compared to where I think most would agree the team is talent-wise. It is a top 75 threshold for away games, vs top 30 for home games. Bonnies right now are 90th.

slufanskip likes this

We are a .500 team away from Chaifetz. Three wins (Illinois State, SFA, and Boise State) and three losses (Memphis, Dayton and UMass).  We have seven A10 away games left.  Can we win 3?  Can we win 4?

Next three away games are Duquesne, GM, and LaSalle.  Final three away games are Davidson, Richmond, and Rhody.  We REALLy need those first three in the W column before we enter that final away stretch. 

At St. Bonnie will be in there somewhere, maybe right before Davidson, maybe somewhere else.

billiken_roy likes this

3 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

We are a .500 team away from Chaifetz. Three wins (Illinois State, SFA, and Boise State) and three losses (Memphis, Dayton and UMass).  We have seven A10 away games left.  Can we win 3?  Can we win 4?

Next three away games are Duquesne, GM, and LaSalle.  Final three away games are Davidson, Richmond, and Rhody.  We REALLy need those first three in the W column before we enter that final away stretch. 

At St. Bonnie will be in there somewhere, maybe right before Davidson, maybe somewhere else.

Billiken Booster, Taj 79, myself and the 18 guys I am bringing to Pittsburgh are going to try to turn the Duquesne game into a least a neutral site, if that helps.

3 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

I'm skeptical the game @ Bona happens.

To sandwich the game in right before Davidson would mean we'd play home vs LaSalle on 2/15, off 2/16, @ Bona 2/17, off 2/18 @ Davidson 2/19.  3 games in 5 days with travel between each game (particularly difficult travel getting in & out of Olean).  The A10 totally sucks and screws SLU every chance, but I can't believe they'd do that.

IMO a better spot would be to have a back to back with Bona around the time we are schedule to play them @ Chaifetz on 2/11.  We play at LaSalle on 2/8 and Bona hosts Fordham on 2/8.  Instead of playing at Chaifetz on 2/11 flip that game to @ Bona and then have a game vs Bona at Chaifetz on Sunday 2/13.  You could even shift the games to 2/10 and 2/12 if you wanted to, but that would screw up the Friday night ESPN game, so I doubt it happens. SLU doesn't play again until 2/15 when they host LaSalle and Bona's next is 2/16 at home vs UMass.  SLU would still have 3 games over 6 days instead of 5 and the travel would be a little easier than your scenario.  

3 hours ago, RUBillsFan said:

I'm skeptical the game @ Bona happens.

I'm taking the over that it does happen, unless there is another wave of postponements or if the league decides to not reschedule a slew of games.  I have no idea if they have to date rescheduled all postponed games except this one.

And I have no idea when it will be played.  I'll let the league figure it out.

What if a 4/5 placement in the standings is at stake (for any A10 team), and this game a difference maker.  It will be a factor in final NET, and could be a difference maker of an NIT bid (no longer a NCAA bid) or an early spring vacation.

You list 2/17 as a possible date, and a bad date for SLU.  St. B plays UMass on the 16th and then Duquesne on the 19th.  That would be 3 games in 4 days for them.

46 minutes ago, thetorch said:

Wow. This is almost unbelievable. I guess I should revise my earlier post of can we win 3 or 4 of of 7 remaining conference road games to 2 or 3. 
I can’t believe Spoons record was that bad with Highmark, Claggs and Hughes over his tenure.