2021-2022 Season

Aquinas

Why do we have to keep seeing all these arguments about how SLU is getting screwed by some supposedly powerful person or another (Pestello, May, Jones, Biden, Putin, AOC, Trump, the ghost of Harry Truman), when SLU has actually has less games postponed than most of our league and now most of the team won’t need to be tested for weeks?

Lighten up

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, ARon said:

Why do we have to keep seeing all these arguments about how SLU is getting screwed by some supposedly powerful person or another (Pestello, May, Jones, Biden, Putin, AOC, Trump, the ghost of Harry Truman), when SLU has actually has less games postponed than most of our league and now most of the team won’t need to be tested for weeks?

Lighten up

Nm.

42 minutes ago, White Pelican said:

I didn't know where else to ask this. Has there been any official comment on when to expect Linssen back? He was on the bench today, is he day to day?

Doesn’t help much but did notice he still have a bit of a limp

2 hours ago, Brighton said:

So much for that

h8pa4rpvxc981.jpg

That sucks…

Maybe SLU, despite Ford’s comments are confident LaSalle and SLU plays.

Honestly, if I’m SLU and the A-10 I say go take that non-con game and see if you can help yourselves and possibility the conference, b/c SLU beating LaSalle ain’t going to do it. 

8 hours ago, ARon said:

Lighten up

Out of reactions, good post. I have a t-shirt that says, “I can explain it to you but I can’t understand it for you.” Pretty much sums up why dealing with conspiracy theorists is largely impossible. 

As of now SLUs game vs LaSalle hasn’t been officially cancelled, right?  ESPN app still shows it’s on.  SLU can’t really schedule a replacement game until that one is officially cancelled or it is at least more complicated because it would have to be contingent on the LaSalle game not happening.  That’s on the A10 for not calling the cancellation.

3star_recruit likes this

15 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

As of now SLUs game vs LaSalle hasn’t been officially cancelled, right?  ESPN app still shows it’s on.  SLU can’t really schedule a replacement game until that one is officially cancelled or it is at least more complicated because it would have to be contingent on the LaSalle game not happening.  That’s on the A10 for not calling the cancellation.

Full time job poor folks that have to keep the sports apps & tv programming correctly listed these days🥴

RUBillsFan likes this

19 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

Perhaps they are waiting to see what todays CDC guidance change is. They do change it almost daily. 
I’m hearing that if you are left handed and your name is in the first half of the alphabet, you only need to quarantine 2 days, 4 hours and 46 minutes after you see someone with Covid. You don’t need to test negative but you do have to be able to say the alphabet backwards. 

1 minute ago, HoosierPal said:

Perhaps they are waiting to see what todays CDC guidance change is. They do change it almost daily. 

sighhhh

RUBillsFan likes this

26 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

I’m hearing that if you are left handed and your name is in the first half of the alphabet, you only need to quarantine 2 days, 4 hours and 46 minutes after you see someone with Covid. You don’t need to test negative but you do have to be able to say the alphabet backwards. 

Thank god I'm right handed. 

If I were slu, I would try to add anyone that wants to come to Chaifetz. Anyone. If a prospective team mandates a road game for us, stay away. We are about to play two very important road games (probably the most important back to back) - we don't need it to be a three game away stretch.

20 hours ago, Lando Griffin said:

Not too look ahead but if that La Salle game is cancelled, they, right now, have a pretty big matchup against the Bonnie’s next weekend.  That would be a huge win early in the year. 

If the Bonnie’s find stride maybe (hoping and praying) that may turn into a Q1 win.

It's hard to figure how the Bonnies can become a Q1 win for us.  For that to happen, wouldn't they have to be much higher than they are now in the NET?  How are they going to make any significant headway in NET while playing an A 10 Conference schedule with where all the A 10 teams are ranked so low today.  Look at what happened to us.  We beat Richmond and drop 2 places in the NET, going from 69 to 71.

33 minutes ago, bauman said:

It's hard to figure how the Bonnies can become a Q1 win for us.  For that to happen, wouldn't they have to be much higher than they are now in the NET?  How are they going to make any significant headway in NET while playing an A 10 Conference schedule with where all the A 10 teams are ranked so low today.  Look at what happened to us.  We beat Richmond and drop 2 places in the NET, going from 69 to 71.

There’s a lot of noise in those early season NET numbers so if the Bonnie’s stack some wins together it could happen.

The Bonnie’s only have to get to 75 for that true road win to count as a Q1 win.

Hope and Praying was included to cover myself bc it is a bit of a long shot! 

36 minutes ago, A10Ref said:

If I were slu, I would try to add anyone that wants to come to Chaifetz. Anyone. If a prospective team mandates a road game for us, stay away. We are about to play two very important road games (probably the most important back to back) - we don't need it to be a three game away stretch.

I’d try to add anyone anywhere anytime. If you’re close to the bubble go play them!