2021-2022 Season

Aquinas

If Perkins wants a shot at being drafted by the NBA, which I think he had a chance at this year before the injury, he needs to return.  Not saying that he should or that he will, but returning is the only path than can lead to the NBA right now.  I don't think he would get a G-League invite if he doesn't play another year of college ball.

billikenbill likes this

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, slubillikens43 said:

They said he was sick for the BC game. Hope to see him start getting some more minutes but I think his defense might be keeping him on the bench.

I thought someone had said he was solid defensively prior to the season, maybe even Ford himself. Maybe it’s an issue with the system and having to adjust to not having a permanent green light?

19 minutes ago, NoCoBillsFan said:

I thought someone had said he was solid defensively prior to the season, maybe even Ford himself. Maybe it’s an issue with the system and having to adjust to not having a permanent green light?

I didn’t think he was very good defensively at Oakland. In the preseason Ford kept mentioning how impressed by his defense they were, which surprised me. Looks like it might’ve been coach speak

20 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

We know Coach Ford loves him some 8 man rotation.  Deandre Jones is shooting 43% from three and has only turned the ball over 4 times the entire season.  He's doing everything you could want from an 8th man.  What would be the rationale for playing Williams?

i agree with this.   if coach ford played a greater than 8 man rotation then williams might be seeing more time.  but we all know that isnt the case.   myself, i would like to see strickland and traore used a lot more.   utilize both of their fantastic athleticism.   however i am also agreeing they arent as good at basketball as they are to track and field so further down the bench they sit and their opportunities to play are few.   it is what it is and with the athleticism and talent this roster has, it is now very apparent that isnt ever going to change. 

Old guy likes this

26 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Policy is fine. You have sh!t friends.

I may be wrong but my recollection of the current policy is that both a full vaccination and a negative test within 72 hours are required for admission. Again, I may be wrong about this.

3 minutes ago, Old guy said:

I may be wrong but my recollection of the current policy is that both a full vaccination and a negative test within 72 hours are required for admission. Again, I may be wrong about this.

I think you have to also submit a stool sample in a clear ziploc bag. 

Actually, it is an either/or scenario. Unvaccinated adults can enter with a negative test. Vaccinated adults just need to show proof of vaccination. 

Old guy likes this

1 hour ago, The Valley Sucks said:

The policy is fine 😂😂. What about people who test negative on Thursday and get the virus before the game Saturday night?

Can't wait for this game tomorrow. I was pretty worried at first about getting blown out but seeing the recent wiz analysis has me thinking we should make this a game. 

As long as we don't struggle inside with the size I think we can play with em. Chaifetz should be rockin. See y'all there. 

bauman likes this

3 hours ago, SLU_Lax said:

I think you have to also submit a stool sample in a clear ziploc bag. 

Actually, it is an either/or scenario. Unvaccinated adults can enter with a negative test. Vaccinated adults just need to show proof of vaccination. 

Thank you for clearing this matter.

3 hours ago, The Valley Sucks said:

The policy is fine 😂😂. What about people who test negative on Thursday and get the virus before the game Saturday night?

Do you not understand that these policies are mitigation strategies and nothing more?  Of course someone may have the virus unknowingly and go to literally any place on earth when they’re not tested then develop symptoms. Of course someone can catch it from someone after being tested then enter a public space. If you or your friend knowingly go into public and spread a highly infectious virus to other people you are a piece of sh*t. 

Now that the sting of last night’s loss has worn off a bit, I’m really excited for the end of this season and the future. Nesbitt is as good as advertised and Okoro looks like he has really improved his offensive game with the way he was taking into the teeth of the defense last night. Just look at this clip of Nesbitt splitting the defense:

The team is in a good spot. Yes, we should’ve won last night and more games before that, but who would’ve expected us to compete with Auburn after losing Perkins? Nobody. This is a team that’s just gonna keep getting better.

25 minutes ago, ARon said:

All policy is theater, welcome to civilization. You either care about people other than yourself or you don’t.

It has nothing to do with caring about other people.  It is all performance art and virtue signaling at this point. That pretty much applies to both sides of this issue.  We can’t have honest conversations about about anything connected with COVID because both sides have poisoned everything including the science with politics.

slufanskip, Old guy and dennis_w like this

• 2 weeks later...