2021-2022 Season

Aquinas

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Computer ratings are all over the place right now because there isn’t much info to go on.  Here is where we rank in some right now.

Pomeroy 99

Sagarin 49

T-Rank 93

Massey 38

Haslam 72

Miya 47

Cresswell 37

Team Rankings 55

We have moved up considerably in all of these since the preseason.

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

SLU checks in at #63 in Masseys first ranking since preseason.  This is good for #2 in the conference.  Massey is the average of 14 different computer rankings

SLU is 38 in Massey's rating.  They are 60th in the his composite ratings of multiple systems from others.

3 minutes ago, brianstl said:

SLU is 38 in Massey's rating.  They are 60th in the his composite ratings of multiple systems from others.

Good point. Was under the impression that Massey was the composite. 

-couple of friends said they would like to go Saturday as 4pm is a tip time that works nicely for them, asked about tickets, I said there would be no problem getting them but might want to act before Memphis as a win could increase demand, I was shocked to see upper level center court tickets for $45 plus fees, I hope they buy the upper level ends for $15 plus fees which still is expensive to me

-with these prices we aren't encouraging families to bring their kids who might get hooked on Being Billikens

13 hours ago, Cowboy II said:

-couple of friends said they would like to go Saturday as 4pm is a tip time that works nicely for them, asked about tickets, I said there would be no problem getting them but might want to act before Memphis as a win could increase demand, I was shocked to see upper level center court tickets for $45 plus fees, I hope they buy the upper level ends for $15 plus fees which still is expensive to me

-with these prices we aren't encouraging families to bring their kids who might get hooked on Being Billikens

It's a Saturday 4PM matchup against our best home-opponent so far this season, makes sense to me. 

I imagine those prices are identical to any other major-market school with facilities like ours. 

1 hour ago, Bills By 40 said:

It's a Saturday 4PM matchup against our best home-opponent so far this season, makes sense to me. 

I imagine those prices are identical to any other major-market school with facilities like ours. 

I'd agree that prices are reasonable / comparable to other teams.

I'd also add that SLU frequently puts out ticket deals on social media especially for mid-week games or games against lower level opponents.  Anyone complaining about the the price of full-price tickets, isn't really paying that much attention.

This next six game stretch is so important.  All winnable games, but all losable games.  Four at home, one away and one neutral.  Four against teams that we are most likely directly competing against for a NCAA tournament at-large bid against.  I can't remember a six game stretch that was this important in the non-conference schedule.

and imo we play as capable the right way we can beat them all.   as you said above brian, never have we had a non-con stretch this important.   literally it could make the season.  

In looking at this, next 6 games issue, I noticed a few problems with the home page of Billikens.com.  Not really complaining because I know Steve puts in many hours taking care of this Board, but if he or one of the mods who assist him could fix what follows that would be great.

1.   The Belmont game is not listed on the schedule.

2. None of the A 10 games are listed correctly

The only way I can get the correct schedule info is by going to another location-the official SLU Athletics website.  Again this is not an earth shattering problem, just something that would improve the Board.

drkelsey55 likes this

6 minutes ago, Crewsorlose said:

A-10 is so bad this year that unless the Bills sweep the rest of non-con, or go 15-3 in league play, they'll need to win the conference tourney to get in. The conference just kills us this year. 4 teams below 190 in KenPom. 1 team in the top 50. 

When was the last time that the conference's lack of strength kept us from getting an at-large bid? Probably never. For teams like SLU, at-large bids will always be made in the non-conference. 

The A-10 being a little down this year hurts because it makes less money for the teams in the conference and doesn't raise the profile of the conference in terms of future recruiting, scheduling, etc. But I think it's impact on SLU's ability to make the NCAA tournament in a given year is always overstated.

20 minutes ago, Old guy said:

The first game against Boise ST, is away and is likely to be the toughest to win in the stretch.

OG, I have to disagree with you about @ Boise St being the toughest.  I think Auburn will be harder.  This 6 game stretch is one that can make us a favorite to get in the NCAA (by sweeping the 6) or making our only chance to get in, going at least 16-2 in the league or winning the A 10 tournament (3-3 or worse in the next 6).  By degree of difficulty, i would line them up as follows---Auburn, Belmont, @ Boise St, UAB, Drake (N), Boston College.

I would be overjoyed with us putting together two strong halves of the season, which I define as winning 75% of our games both in and out of conference.  It's something we've never done before under Coach Ford.  That would come out to 9-3 in non-conference and 14 -4 in conference.  If we do that year end and year out, we're a perennial tournament team.

Reinert310 likes this

8 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I don't think we need to all six, but we probably need to go 5-1 to feel pretty good about our at large chances heading into conference play.  4-2 and it is really iffy.  3-3 or worse and we are in a really bad spot.

If we go 4-2 in this stretch, beat Bona at Chaifetz, and avoid any land mine losses to Fordham/GW/St. Joes/LaSalle, I think we’ll be fine. And I honestly believe we are going to get better as this season progresses. We’re just getting started.