2021-2022 Season

Aquinas

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

I’m pretty sure a school cannot have a secret scrimmage if they have two exhibitions scheduled.

Agree.  If you have a secret scrimmage you can only have one exhibition game.

Wow, we are up to 4 straight posts actually about Billikens basketball !

20 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

I've already said i'm getting the booster and have absolutely no issue with vaccines.   It's the stupid face napkins I have issues with.  I shouldn't even be asked to comply.  Nothing else to add.  You liberals want to feel guilty, have at it.  The rest of us would rather make our own choices.

Looks like Blues fans agree with you, Roy.

image.thumb.png.f348568d5c8cf8fa678f2a909c182343.png

Coach on KMOX this AM.

Pumped on the possibilities the new Champion Center will give all SLU athletic teams.  This was AD May's vision, and he has been working on it for 8 years.

Coach spoke first about Nesbitt.  Said he hasn't played college ball yet (I guess Memphis didn't happen) and he doesn't want to put too much on his shoulders.  Needs to learn from Collins, Perkins, and Thatch (older guys).

Okoro, he can change the game with his speed and athleticism.  His offensive game is coming, but it is a work in progress.  He wasn't asked to be an offensive player at Oregon.  He is getting more touches than he has in the past.  He was on the sidelines for 7 months last year with a couple of surgeries.  He is 100% now.

Rammer and Earl will be going on the road with the team.

Exhibition on Tuesday against Drew Diener's Rockhurst.  Expect Rockhurst to heave up 3's all night.

38 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Coach on KMOX this AM.

Pumped on the possibilities the new Champion Center will give all SLU athletic teams.  This was AD May's vision, and he has been working on it for 8 years.

Coach spoke first about Nesbitt.  Said he hasn't played college ball yet (I guess Memphis didn't happen) and he doesn't want to put too much on his shoulders.  Needs to learn from Collins, Perkins, and Thatch (older guys).

Okoro, he can change the game with his speed and athleticism.  His offensive game is coming, but it is a work in progress.  He wasn't asked to be an offensive player at Oregon.  He is getting more touches than he has in the past.  He was on the sidelines for 7 months last year with a couple of surgeries.  He is 100% now.

Rammer and Earl will be going on the road with the team.

Exhibition on Tuesday against Drew Diener's Rockhurst.  Expect Rockhurst to heave up 3's all night.

Wait, he didn’t get into a fight on the broadcast about COVID? Isn’t that an integral part of the 2021-22 season, which is why we won’t stop talking about it here.

AGB91 likes this

10 hours ago, HenryB said:

Looks like Blues fans agree with you, Roy.

image.thumb.png.f348568d5c8cf8fa678f2a909c182343.png

Regardless of how I feel about masks I alway get a kick out of the chin diaper. 
if you are going to wear a mask WEAR A MASK. If not put the damn thing in your pocket. 

Why are all these people covering their chins with their masks? 

3 hours ago, cheeseman said:

Well given that the Blues required that you be vaccinated to attend this picture is only proof that you are comparing apples and oranges.

They also required fans to wear a mask....clearly they didn't enforce that.  And, what has become the norm for the rules for thee but not for me crowd, county executive, Sam Page, was not wearing his mask at the game. Maybe all 18,000 at the game were politicians...that explains why no one was wearing a mask. 

1 hour ago, HenryB said:

They also required fans to wear a mask....clearly they didn't enforce that.  And, what has become the norm for the rules for thee but not for me crowd, county executive, Sam Page, was not wearing his mask at the game. Maybe all 18,000 at the game were politicians...that explains why no one was wearing a mask. 

exactly.   in thre last week we've had reports of the biden's out and about D.C. without masks, nancy making private appearances without a mask.   the squad members scrambling to put their masks on when the camera's came on, etc.   why should we even believe the seriousness of the need when our "leaders" ignore their own demands?

BIG BILL FAN, CBFan and AGB91 like this

1 hour ago, HenryB said:

Well I am not sure if you missed my point which was according to the Blues everyone was vaccinated so the need to wear the mask was not imperative.  In regards to SLU they are not requiring vaccinations so wearing the mask should be more imperative.  Sorry if this fine point was not clear in my post.

5 hours ago, cheeseman said:

Well given that the Blues required that you be vaccinated to attend this picture is only proof that you are comparing apples and oranges.

If they aren’t enforcing their mask policy, why would you think they are enforcing their vaccine policy?

14 minutes ago, BilliesBy40 said:

Because one is much easier to enforce? Checking something once at the door vs constant monitoring of a crowd (many of whom are drunk).

You think it is easy to match 20,000 vaccine cards with ID’s when you have a long line of people waiting to get in?  Plus, the mask policy is the law in the city, unlike the vaccine policy.  You would think the Blues might care about following the law in the city a little more than a policy that isn’t required to remain open.

They didn’t even make an effort with the mask policy last night.  Most of the crowd doesn’t have a mask anywhere in sight in that photo.  It isn’t like they pulled them down.  Most of fans pictured didn’t  even bother trying to make it look like they were following the law.

28 minutes ago, brianstl said:

You think it is easy to match 20,000 vaccine cards with ID’s when you have a long line of people waiting to get in?  Plus, the mask policy is the law in the city, unlike the vaccine policy.  You would think the Blues might care about following the law in the city a little more than a policy that isn’t required to remain open.

They didn’t even make an effort with the mask policy last night.  Most of the crowd doesn’t have a mask anywhere in sight in that photo.  It isn’t like they pulled them down.  Most of fans pictured didn’t  even bother trying to make it look like they were following the law.

I agree with most of your points. Checking the vaccination cards and IDs is not a burdensome process though. I have been to two concerts in the past few months that did it very quickly. 5-10 seconds process.

I went to an NFL game last December. They did a pretty noble job enforcing the mask policy, but even at 1/4 capacity it was challenging for ushers to keep up with people taking them off. I imagine it will be nearly impossible with a full stadium or arena.

9 hours ago, brianstl said:

If they aren’t enforcing their mask policy, why would you think they are enforcing their vaccine policy?

Well when they tell that they are requiring vaccinations until I have proof that tells me differently then I am inclined to believe them.  Of course they could just lie - not like businesses don't do that but I think that would be a very bad situation for them if they got caught.  If they really weren't trying then it would have been best to simply say just wear masks and let it go at that as SLU has done which obviously has created this entire discussion regarding SLU's approach as opposed to the Fox or Blues.

Once again, if the Blues are requiring proof of vaccination then the mask becomes less of an issue.  For whatever the reason this point simply seems to be lost by some.

O/U predictions (my picks in parentheses):

Points for - 89.5 (O)

Points against - 64.5 (U)

Players used - 10.5 (O)

Players receiving >28 minutes - 2.5 (O) 

Yuri assists - 9.5 (O)

Nesbitt points - 10.5 (O)

Perkins points - 14.5 (O)

Players w/ >9.5 rebounds - 0.5 (U)

Team FT% - 78.5% (O) 

Team 3FG% - 34.5% (O) 

Quote this and the person with the most correct picks wins one of these custom decals I made 

E_BqyJvWYAwkoH4.jpg