Aquinas

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, thetorch said:

I think this game serves several purposes

We have changed some of our defensive sets and have to integrate a lot of new players.  Having 2 exhibition games, then 2 buy games helps to get us ready for Memphis.  Squeezing in HSSU in between those games gives us the ability to try to some new sets, make sure we have our defense down, play deeper on our bench, while having an opponent that has zero chance of beating us even if we play Strickland, Lorentsson, Hargrove, & Jones big minutes.  Zero chance a D-1 opponent allowed us the scheduling flexibility to get this game in the fashion that we did.

Those are all good reasons to play a very low level team at that point in the schedule. I'd rather it be a UMKC, SEMO, SIUE, Tenn-Martin, Western Ill., North Alabama, or comparable D1 team. The game would be a little more interesting to watch, marginally more meaningful, and would tell the coaching staff just a little more about those sets, new players, and bench depth. 

HSSU just seems like it should be an exhibition, not a regular season game. 

34 minutes ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

No, you lied... no one ever said they didn’t care about sick kids.. 

Dude you are splitting hairs here. Forgive me if I fail to see the difference between "I don't care if other people's kids get COVID" and "I don't believe I have any duty as a  human being living in society to help prevent other people's kids from getting COVID." I believe you are making a distinction that makes you feel better, and you're free to do that, but still, in practice there is no difference. That's not a lie. 

11 hours ago, AnkielBreakers said:

The more I think about it, I could see the starting lineup as: 

YC, JN, JP, TH, and FO

Main subs:

FT, GJ, ML (little bit of RW and AL)

Once we get to conference play, that is what I think will be the primary group.

Who gets the minutes is more critical than who starts.  Collins and Perkins get 30+.  After that it is a crap shoot.

1 hour ago, rgbilliken said:

Dude you are splitting hairs here. Forgive me if I fail to see the difference between "I don't care if other people's kids get COVID" and "I don't believe I have any duty as a  human being living in society to help prevent other people's kids from getting COVID." I believe you are making a distinction that makes you feel better, and you're free to do that, but still, in practice there is no difference. That's not a lie. 

No, you’re trying to justify your lying to promote your agenda. Saying parents are responsible for making health decisions for their child is not remotely the same as saying one doesn’t care about sick children. How far do you carry your insanity?? How long have you been demanding health records from people your children may come into contact with??? Should people be denied access to grocery stores, pharmacies or any other public building because they don’t have your stamp of approval? Thanks however for your example of what a fascist society looks like..

16 minutes ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

No, you’re trying to justify your lying to promote your agenda. Saying parents are responsible for making health decisions for their child is not remotely the same as saying one doesn’t care about sick children. How far do you carry your insanity?? How long have you been demanding health records from people your children may come into contact with??? Should people be denied access to grocery stores, pharmacies or any other public building because they don’t have your stamp of approval? Thanks however for your example of what a fascist society looks like..

What do you think my "agenda" is... Just curious? Nowhere have I pushed any policy ideas. You're the one doing that. 

why did i get the vaccines if i still have to behave the same as those that selfishly decided not to?   i shouldnt have to wear a napkin on my face because those that chose not to.   let them bear the brunt of the discomfort and responsibility.  

sure i have a less than 5% chance of still getting the chinese flu virus, but even then the chances of it being serious is almost nothing.   if i choose to roll the dice so i can have a little bit of "the way it used to be", that should be my choice.   if one still wants to live their lives in fear and wear the napkin that really doesnt protect anything to make themselves feel better fine.   i dont belittle them at all but i sure get mad when i have to continue with the politcal postering of our government.  

oh i will comply to be able to watch my billikens, but it isnt right imo.   and i can voice my displeasure with the discomfort and inconvienence if i want.   you mention i might carry the virus to these children.   i understand.   and if it was somewhere where they cant help but to be like a hospital, school, even a grocery store with their parents, ok i understand that.   but the billiken game is a luxury.   the parents should be the ones to make the adult decision and stay home if that is a concern.  if that is selfish on my part, so be it.  i am tired of playing into the control game of the politicians.  

AGB91 and CBFan like this

7 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

why did i get the vaccines if i still have to behave the same as those that selfishly decided not to?   i shouldnt have to wear a napkin on my face because those that chose not to.   let them bear the brunt of the discomfort and responsibility.  

sure i have a less than 5% chance of still getting the chinese flu virus, but even then the chances of it being serious is almost nothing.   if i choose to roll the dice so i can have a little bit of "the way it used to be", that should be my choice.   if one still wants to live their lives in fear and wear the napkin that really doesnt protect anything to make themselves feel better fine.   i dont belittle them at all but i sure get mad when i have to continue with the politcal postering of our government.  

oh i will comply to be able to watch my billikens, but it isnt right imo.   and i can voice my displeasure with the discomfort and inconvienence if i want.   you mention i might carry the virus to these children.   i understand.   and if it was somewhere where they cant help but to be like a hospital, school, even a grocery store with their parents, ok i understand that.   but the billiken game is a luxury.   the parents should be the ones to make the adult decision and stay home if that is a concern.  if that is selfish on my part, so be it.  i am tired of playing into the control game of the politicians.  

I see where you're coming from Roy. Thanks for conceding the point about places that kids need to be vs. "luxury" events. My kids have to go to daycare every day and they are both under 2 so won't be able to get the covid vax for a long time. I certainly hope their teachers are vaccinated but I'm not really in a position to do anything about it if they're not. Having said that I can see why you feel the way you do about billiken games. 

billiken_roy likes this

43 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

You’re almost there. Just replace your irritation with having to continue wearing a mask despite having done the right thing and switch it to the vaccine or negative test requirement, which would make the decision much easier for parents or seniors. I’d much rather they have a vaccine mandate over the mask mandate. It comes down to placing the “freedoms” of those who choose not to get vaccinated for often ridiculous reasons above the health and safety of those who have responsibly chosen to do so, but have to remain vigilant because they’re seniors, have health concerns, or are ineligible for the vaccine. These types of policies put the needs/wants of the irresponsible over those that have less choice in the matter and it’s not right. As you said, “let them bear the brunt.”

30 minutes ago, SShoe said:

You’re almost there. Just replace your irritation with having to continue wearing a mask despite having done the right thing and switch it to the vaccine or negative test requirement, which would make the decision much easier for parents or seniors. I’d much rather they have a vaccine mandate over the mask mandate. It comes down to placing the “freedoms” of those who choose not to get vaccinated for often ridiculous reasons above the health and safety of those who have responsibly chosen to do so, but have to remain vigilant because they’re seniors, have health concerns, or are ineligible for the vaccine. These types of policies put the needs/wants of the irresponsible over those that have less choice in the matter and it’s not right. As you said, “let them bear the brunt.”

I've already said i'm getting the booster and have absolutely no issue with vaccines.   It's the stupid face napkins I have issues with.  I shouldn't even be asked to comply.  Nothing else to add.  You liberals want to feel guilty, have at it.  The rest of us would rather make our own choices.

CBFan likes this

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

I've already said i'm getting the booster and have absolutely no issue with vaccines.   It's the stupid face napkins I have issues with.  I shouldn't even be asked to comply.  Nothing else to add.  You liberals want to feel guilty, have at it.  The rest of us would rather make our own choices.

try that same logic if pulled over for no seat belt.