2021-2022 Season

Aquinas

While I don't think it goes far enough its a start.

I see pro vax and anti vaxx on here making excuses all in the name of somehow allowing who they think should be able to attend these games.  You are all wrong.

The Israeli studies have proven it.  If you aren't triple vaxxed you aren't protected PERIOD.  

Man or child if you aren't triple vaxxed you haven't done all that you can do to stop the spread of this deadly pandemic.  If you aren't willing to make that sacrifice well then you should not be allowed to participate in society because you are a DANGER to it.

I'm triple vaxxed.  I should be able to do everything I want.  If you aren't then you must stay HOME.

TaLBErt likes this

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, thetorch said:

I see pro vax and anti vaxx on here making excuses all in the name of somehow allowing who they think should be able to attend these games.  You are all wrong.

The Israeli studies have proven it.  If you aren't triple vaxxed you aren't protected PERIOD.  

Man or child if you aren't triple vaxxed you haven't done all that you can do to stop the spread of this deadly pandemic.  If you aren't willing to make that sacrifice well then you should not be allowed to participate in society because you are a DANGER to it.

I'm triple vaxxed.  I should be able to do everything I want.  If you aren't then you must stay HOME.

What If I'm too young and healthy to qualify for a booster?  Whatever am I to do?

5 minutes ago, Brighton said:

Browsing the Big East forums, I'd rather SLU not be in the conference now. Bunch of snobs.

Strong disagree. SLU gaining an invite to the Big East means the program has risen to a sustainable level of success of yearly tournament appearances with top notch facilities. Sign me up for that! 

27 minutes ago, thetorch said:

You should call Joe B up and let him know he is wrong. 

BTW, here is the current definition of vaccination. Check it out in 29 CFR 1910.502

Vaccine means a biological product authorized or licensed by the FDA to prevent or provide protection against COVID–19, whether the substance is administered through a single dose or a series of doses.

1 hour ago, rgbilliken said:

I'm disappointed to see people not caring for others throughout this thread.

Maybe I am naïve for buying into the Jesuit missions of "Men and Women for Others" and "Magis."

I'm not usually a "STICK TO SPORTS" guy but maybe we should stick to sports...

"Caring for" means thinking for and deciding for?

Personally I don't want anybody thinking and deciding for me.  That's not even what made America great.

AGB91 and drkelsey55 like this

Just now, billiken_roy said:

"Caring for" means thinking for and deciding for?

Personally I don't want anybody thinking and deciding for me.  That's not even what made America great.

C'mon roy, I don't want to fight with you.

I'm not giving my opinion on vaccine mandates here. I AM giving my opinion that it's sad to see people callously say "not my problem" about other Billiken fans' sick kids, etc. That is quite literally not caring....people are saying it explicitly in their posts. And it's sad, and I wish people would quit. It bums me out. But hey that's the internet.

RUBillsFan and Littlebill like this

25 minutes ago, thetorch said:

Everyone should probably get an additional dose before every game just to be on the safe side.

CBFan and LindellWest like this

38 minutes ago, thetorch said:

I don’t qualify for a booster so I’m just SOL?

I think most adults should get the vaccine.  I think most adults should get the booster when it becomes available to them.  I can see where we have disagreements about the plusses and minuses of vaccine mandates.  I think this is especially true when it comes to kids and people who have had the virus.

I don't see how requiring people (especially those already infected) to take part in a medical procedure to remain a part of normal society jibes with the message of St. Ignatius.

24 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I think most adults should get the vaccine.  I think most adults should get the booster when it becomes available to them.  I can see where we have disagreements about the plusses and minuses of vaccine mandates.  I think this is especially true when it comes to kids and people who have had the virus.

I don't see how requiring people (especially those already infected) to take part in a medical procedure to remain a part of normal society jibes with the message of St. Ignatius.

I think it's a matter of caring for / catering to those less fortunate who cannot receive the vaccine because of legitimate medical reasons or for kids who aren't old enough versus catering to idiots people who refuse to get the vaccine because of their politics, because they don't trust science, or because they're scared of needles.

TaLBErt likes this

3 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

I think it's a matter of caring for / catering to those less fortunate who cannot receive the vaccine because of legitimate medical reasons or for kids who aren't old enough versus catering to idiots people who refuse to get the vaccine because of their politics, because they don't trust science, or because they're scared of needles.

Now, now you were doing so well.

1 hour ago, dlarry said:

To be fair it’s not just the board that has proven this. Society as whole has proven it can’t handle any discussion regarding Covid.

People need to realize that they aren’t going to change any ones opinion (especially on a message board) so there is really no reason to argue about it. 

True, but let’s be clear, there is only one side who is trying to bar Billiken Fans from attending the games...

8 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

It's not a matter of caring or catering.  Given that you can still transmit the virus whether vaxxed or not, those less fortunate you mentioned need to calculate the risks they are willing to take in their daily lives.  The virus doesn't care about your feelings........

6 hours ago, RUBillsFan said:

Honestly man, you are someone who should be most upset about the lack of a vaccine / negative test requirement.  As your immunity from the first 2 vaccines wanes, you are going to be at a much higher risk of serious illness / death.  You seem to have a legit medical reason to not get the vaccine, but a lot of other bozos don't.  Their selfishness / idiocy / fear of needles is putting YOU at risk when you go to a SLU game that doesn't have a vaccine / negative test requirement.  Of course, you'd have the small inconvenience of getting tested sometime before a game, but that's pretty easy now with relatively abundant free drive-thru rapid testing available.

Respectfully I am not because several unvaccinated have had COVID and there is no logical reason to be vaccinated if you had it.

A friend of mine died 8 weeks ago of COVID and was not vaccinated.  On our last conversation 2 weeks before he died he wished that he had been vaccinated.

My doctor told me that I will need the booster but not right away because of my reaction.  I will get the booster but I am scared but I trust my doctor.

We all live in a free society and there are always risks.  If fans feel like complaining to SLU and wanting there money back then so be it exercise your freedom.

2 hours ago, thetorch said:

Tomorrow 

3 hours ago, rgbilliken said:

C'mon roy, I don't want to fight with you.

I'm not giving my opinion on vaccine mandates here. I AM giving my opinion that it's sad to see people callously say "not my problem" about other Billiken fans' sick kids, etc. That is quite literally not caring....people are saying it explicitly in their posts. And it's sad, and I wish people would quit. It bums me out. But hey that's the internet.

Stop the lying, no one is saying that they don’t care about sick kids. What was said is it is a parent’s responsibility to care for their children. If you’re afraid they are going to contract a virus by attending an event, then keep them home. You on the other hand want to put the blame on an unknown, unvaccinated person for the well being of your child. The argument in itself is ridiculous, because vaccinated people are contracting and spreading the virus in large numbers anyway...This is just an excuse to foster hate and promote a political agenda...

20 minutes ago, Compton said:

A little surprised to see HSSU on the schedule. I was hoping our days of D-II regular season games were over following the advent of the NET ranking system. Maybe it acts as a buy-game so it's a way of SLU throwing HSSU athletics some support? 

I think this game serves several purposes

We have changed some of our defensive sets and have to integrate a lot of new players.  Having 2 exhibition games, then 2 buy games helps to get us ready for Memphis.  Squeezing in HSSU in between those games gives us the ability to try to some new sets, make sure we have our defense down, play deeper on our bench, while having an opponent that has zero chance of beating us even if we play Strickland, Lorentsson, Hargrove, & Jones big minutes.  Zero chance a D-1 opponent allowed us the scheduling flexibility to get this game in the fashion that we did.

1 hour ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

Stop the lying, no one is saying that they don’t care about sick kids. What was said is it is a parent’s responsibility to care for their children. If you’re afraid they are going to contract a virus by attending an event, then keep them home. You on the other hand want to put the blame on an unknown, unvaccinated person for the well being of your child. The argument in itself is ridiculous, because vaccinated people are contracting and spreading the virus in large numbers anyway...This is just an excuse to foster hate and promote a political agenda...

Super weird how heated you're getting and calling me a liar. How you can get fostering hate from my post is beyond me but I wish you the best.