2021-2022 Season

Aquinas

Isn't the University tied into the decisions of attendance based on city requirements?  I see 100,000 people in Beaver Stadium or the Big House or in Tuscaloosa and chuckle at the absurdity.  I just can't believe being outside is such a big preventive measure.

The most dangerous place in America is the American highway.  Yet we all make the choice to accept such a risk daily.  If you are risk-adverse, you do what you have to do.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you feel safe, go to the game. If you don't feel safe, don't go. If your hopes are a zero COVID world, you're delusional. Vaccines work to prevent the vulnerable. They, however, do not stop transmission. You can still get the virus from a vaccinated person. 

I teach at ODU where the staff and students are required to be vaccinated. I still have students who need to quarantine. Covid will always be around. Trust the science and understand if you're vaccinated, you're good to go. Very few fully vaccinated individuals are dying. If you're vaccinated, don't worry about the unvaccinated. That's on them.

billiken_roy likes this

2 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

You understand that it IS illegal to drink and drive, right?  I like that "mandate" fitting my personal agenda just as I like any vaccine mandate.

You are missing the point.  If you are suggesting it is the University's responsibility to protect people from risks, then logic suggests alcohol should be banned. The data indicates drinking at sporting events is a significant hazard. Can't you give up your cold one for 2 hours to ensure the safety of others?

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/01/110118161359.htm

I don't think SLU's policy for games has anything to with how effective the vaccine is for people.  SLU just isn't bothering doing worthless health safety theater.  No one is safer at a Blues game than they will be at a Billiken because the Blues have a policy that is impossible for them to accurately enforce.  

The most important thing to everyone's safety when it comes to COVID at Chaifetz and Enterprise Center is the type of air filtration in use and how fast the air inside the building is being replaced with outside air.  Not one person complaining about SLU's policy has bothered to ask about this far more importation issue.  If you are worried about a high risk person getting COVID at a game, this should be your number one concern.

stmdragons and HoosierPal like this

As a former government employee, I can tell you belief in the government doing the right and correct thing is sadly misplaced.  To me, it is obvious they don't know.  If they did, this would have been over a few months ago.  They are doing their job for sure but the reality is they don't know and will continue searching.  They won't admit they don't know, ergo conflicting statements ongoing from Fauci and Walensky.  Case in point - breakthrough cases.  At least the death rate has been slowed.

slufanskip likes this

1 hour ago, Brighton said:

And if the Blues go on another deep run in the playoffs, they’ll come crawling back. They always do. This is theatre. Stupid theatre.

The Blues revenue quote you referenced in your above post was made by 05 and has absolutely no basis in fact.  It's source, according to 05 is what he heard from a friend, which of course means it must be true.  Actually, I heard just the opposite from an unnamed source who is in the sports marketing business.

16 minutes ago, bauman said:

The Blues revenue quote you referenced in your above post was made by 05 and has absolutely no basis in fact.  It's source, according to 05 is what he heard from a friend, which of course means it must be true.  Actually, I heard just the opposite from an unnamed source who is in the sports marketing business.

Fine. I’ll say it: the rumor is that the Sansone’s took their money out of the Blues sponsorship. You’ve had an issue with me for a long time over nothing. Which also caused you to go back on your offer to buy a beer to whoever guessed where SLU would end up the preseason 144. Especially weird since I noticed you hadn’t logged in in months at one point and I checked in with Steve to make sure you were okay. 

51 minutes ago, 757billiken said:

If you feel safe, go to the game. If you don't feel safe, don't go. If your hopes are a zero COVID world, you're delusional. Vaccines work to prevent the vulnerable. They, however, do not stop transmission. You can still get the virus from a vaccinated person. 

I teach at ODU where the staff and students are required to be vaccinated. I still have students who need to quarantine. Covid will always be around. Trust the science and understand if you're vaccinated, you're good to go. Very few fully vaccinated individuals are dying. If you're vaccinated, don't worry about the unvaccinated. That's on them.

This is exactly right.  There will never be "zero covid."  A bit of rational, logical, risk assessment and management is needed here.    

first off, i have had both of the first two shots and once allowed will have the booster.   i have always been a believer of the vaccines and shots and i get em all, shingles, flu, chinese flu virus, etc.  i believe if someone doesnt get it they are wrong and only endangering themselves, however, i also believe that in America, it should be the individual's own decision.  Mandates and laws to "protect me from myself" really p!ss me off.  If i choose to be reckless and endanger my own life my decision.   A number of you are going to say unvaccinated people are endangering others.   Well barely if the others all have their shots.   and those that dont have their shots made that choice.  respect their decision to live on the edge even if it is for totally fairy tale reasons.   it's their life. 

second point, how much are the walgreens paper masks and the masks your mother made out of old sheets and elastic really helping.   probably not much if anything.   this is what is really making me mad more than the vaccine demands.   the masks are pretty much worthless and imo are being used for political purposes.   now if we were all wearing the N95 masks and sitting 6 feet apart, maybe that reduces risk, but very few people will be at the game wearing such and there has been nothing said about social distancing.   

this whole thing is on the politicians.   either go all out insisting on the above paragraph or else knock off the fear factoring and controlling attempt.   

I'm sick of the whole thing.   i am tired of being expected to live in fear and not being able to enjoy life.   if i have to live the rest of my days living in my basement not working etc.   i might as well be dead.   Look i have now almost died twice in the last 7 years and I refuse to continue this nonsense much longer.   we dont know when the day is coming and it seems to me by all i have read, the main thing is the vaccines.   i have mine and will continue to update accordingly.   that should put me in the best possible situation.  sure i might still be in danger, but probably no more than being killed by a drunk driver, or falling off a ladder putting up christmas lights, or eating poison mushrooms at that upcoming family thanksgiving.  so dont make me live my life wearing a napkin on my face when we all know it is nothing more than a political ploy.

again i dont blame SLU.  this is on St Louis and this looney new mayor.  

BilliKat likes this

45 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

As a former government employee, I can tell you belief in the government doing the right and correct thing is sadly misplaced.  To me, it is obvious they don't know.  If they did, this would have been over a few months ago.  They are doing their job for sure but the reality is they don't know and will continue searching.  They won't admit they don't know, ergo conflicting statements ongoing from Fauci and Walensky.  Case in point - breakthrough cases.  At least the death rate has been slowed.

The Government really doesn't even try to fool you into thinking they want to do the right thing.  

1 minute ago, billiken_roy said:

first off, i have had both of the first two shots and once allowed will have the booster.   i have always been a believer of the vaccines and shots and i get em all, shingles, flu, chinese flu virus, etc.  i believe if someone doesnt get it they are wrong and only endangering themselves, however, i also believe that in America, it should be the individual's own decision.  Mandates and laws to "protect me from myself" really p!ss me off.  If i choose to be reckless and endanger my own life my decision.   A number of you are going to say unvaccinated people are endangering others.   Well barely if the others all have their shots.   and those that dont have their shots made that choice.  respect their decision to live on the edge even if it is for totally fairy tale reasons.   it's their life. 

second point, how much are the walgreens paper masks and the masks your mother made out of old sheets and elastic really helping.   probably not much if anything.   this is what is really making me mad more than the vaccine demands.   the masks are pretty much worthless and imo are being used for political purposes.   now if we were all wearing the N95 masks and sitting 6 feet apart, maybe that reduces risk, but very few people will be at the game wearing such and there has been nothing said about social distancing.   

this whole thing is on the politicians.   either go all out insisting on the above paragraph or else knock off the fear factoring and controlling attempt.   

I'm sick of the whole thing.   i am tired of being expected to live in fear and not being able to enjoy life.   if i have to live the rest of my days living in my basement not working etc.   i might as well be dead.   Look i have now almost died twice in the last 7 years and I refuse to continue this nonsense much longer.   we dont know when the day is coming and it seems to me by all i have read, the main thing is the vaccines.   i have mine and will continue to update accordingly.   that should put me in the best possible situation.  sure i might still be in danger, but probably no more than being killed by a drunk driver, or falling off a ladder putting up christmas lights, or eating poison mushrooms at that upcoming family thanksgiving.  so dont make me live my life wearing a napkin on my face when we all know it is nothing more than a political ploy.

again i dont blame SLU.  this is on St Louis and this looney new mayor.  

My brother in Jacksonville keeps telling me to move to Florida........I would If I could bro......would if I could......

billiken_roy likes this

20 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Fine. I’ll say it: the rumor is that the Sansone’s took their money out of the Blues sponsorship. You’ve had an issue with me for a long time over nothing. Which also caused you to go back on your offer to buy a beer to whoever guessed where SLU would end up the preseason 144. Especially weird since I noticed you hadn’t logged in in months at one point and I checked in with Steve to make sure you were okay. 

Now we are up to a "rumor" about one sponsor backing out which means the Blues are losing sponsorship dollars.  Don't you think some sponsors sit out a year or spend less than in previous years, while at the same time new sponsors come on board and others increase their dollar sponsorship.

A beer, really?  That's the best you got?  Actually due to a family situation I dropped my season tickets that year and did not attend any games, - I might be forgetting one or two games. 

I know as a student manager of the women's VB team you learned all there is to know about all things Billikens sports.  Your recent pissing contest with courtside about soccer was especially enjoyable.  It was like you brought a knife to a gunfight. 

Issue with you over nothing, humm.  Actually I have complimented you on a number of your podcasts, but whatever?

PM me your address and I'll be glad to send you the cost of a beer so you can get over a major issue that you are hanging on to from a few years ago

1 hour ago, 757billiken said:

This entire conversation ignores the many fans who can't yet get vaccines (kids). I'd personally like to bring my three kids who are all currently ineligible for the vaccine without having to worry about them catching it.  They'd probably be fine, but 10-day quarantines are no picnic. 

Good policy should reward good and responsible behavior.  If you don't want to get the vaccine or a negative test, fine.  Just know you could miss out on some fun stuff like a Billiken ass-kicking of Auburn.

The entire idea that we shouldn't have rules/laws because people will just break them is also silly.