2021-2022 Season

Aquinas

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/15/2021 at 3:37 PM, Littlebill said:

Mine’s due in February. She’ll be one of the older babies in 22/23.

we are coming for that title. Watch out. 

Mine was born in March and he will be competing.

My daughter finished just out of the money in 4th place in Jan 2020. She was 11 months and started walking days later. She covered the most ground in the race by far but was too alert to ignore everything going. She was grabbing other babies, crawling to the sideline instead of going forward. After researching past winners I feel the sweet spot age is crawling at least 6 weeks - 6 weeks before walking. Any earlier the babies won't move, any later and they get too distracted. For posterity here is my kid trash talking other babies while I look on in approval.

IMG_20200105_165649_01.jpg

19 hours ago, NoCoBillsFan said:

So now that it seems that the consensus is that Nesbitt will be a starter, what do we think about the 5th starter? Would love to hear some insight from anyone at the open practice yesterday. 

Wasn't at the practice, but my guess is Fred. Excellent defender and rebounder for his height. He can also get in the lane and finish. His changed shot mechanics may also allow him to become a perimeter threat. The question becomes how will the minutes be divided between Fred, Gibson, Rashad, and TJ.

1 minute ago, billikenbill said:

Wasn't at the practice, but my guess is Fred. Excellent defender and rebounder for his height. He can also get in the lane and finish. His changed shot mechanics may also allow him to become a perimeter threat.

Here is my question when was there a Billiken Captain that did not play significant minutes?

Just now, cheeseman said:

Here is my question when was there a Billiken Captain that did not play significant minutes?

I think they said there were 2 sixteen minute scrimmages and Yuri and Javonte' sat out the second one.

1 minute ago, Old guy said:

I do not want to upset anyone but I doubt Fred will average more than 18-20 min per game by the end of the season

That's the thing, if Travis actually goes to a 10 man rotation and 90 minutes are taken by three players, that leaves 110 minutes divided among 7 players. So a number of players playing 12-18 mins. per game wouldn't be surprising.

30 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

I think they said there were 2 sixteen minute scrimmages and Yuri and Javonte' sat out the second one.

That is not what I was asking - my question was about the season not some made for fans scrimmage which would be like trying to determine the starters for a football team based on the minutes they played during the preseason game.

Just now, cheeseman said:

That is not what I was asking - my question was about the season not some made for fans scrimmage which would be like trying to determine the starters for a football team based on the minutes they played during the preseason game.

Sorry, misread the question.

If we can escape non-conference play with a 10-3 record (including wins over Buffalo and Harris Stowe) then it’s going to be great year. Would people be happy heading into conference play at 9-4? 8-5? What about 13-0?

92!!?? Get your bets in now, folks, they aren’t finishing that low. 

6 hours ago, Gremio14 said:

TF does not talk starters. He talks minutes. As per a couple of days ago there are three guys he wants to get to 30 minutes. Javonte, Yuri, and Nesbitt.  Everything else is wide open.  Don’t be surprised if Linssen gets more minutes than Okoro.  Finding time for so many good players is a real dilemma for the staff.  

I like Linssen as a scorer, but this team will need rebounds. I think whichever of the 3 centers proves they can hit the boards the best will get the most minutes as the year progresses. That is also why I think Thatch will probably end up getting minutes in place of Hargrove/Williams/Jimerson, especially with Nesbitt shooting well.

Yuri, Thatch, Nesbitt, Perkins, and Okoro could be a pretty good defensive group. They could put up a lot of points also.

45 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

I like Linssen as a scorer, but this team will need rebounds. I think whichever of the 3 centers proves they can hit the boards the best will get the most minutes as the year progresses. That is also why I think Thatch will probably end up getting minutes in place of Hargrove/Williams/Jimerson, especially with Nesbitt shooting well.

Yuri, Thatch, Nesbitt, Perkins, and Okoro could be a pretty good defensive group. They could put up a lot of points also.

Our attack is going to change dramatically this year. With the exodus of French and the advent of Linssen/Okoro, our 5 is going to set up and live far from the basket. Unclog the lane. Slashers’ delight. 

and, to my chagrin, the press is not going to be a “go to” defense. TF believes our half court defense will be stellar. 

All this as per TF.

31 minutes ago, Crewsorlose said:

Minutes guess after the scrimmage

STARTERS

Okoro (20), Perkins (32), Collins (30), Nesbitt (25), Jimerson (18)

BENCH REGULARS: Linßen (20), Hargrove (20), Thatch (17) Williams (10), Strickland, Linßen, and Jones scratch for access to rotation. 

Who is LinBen?  Is that Linssen or a combination of Linssen and either AL or LT?  And you have LinBen shown with 20 minutes and at the end scratching for access to rotation.

3 hours ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

If we can escape non-conference play with a 10-3 record (including wins over Buffalo and Harris Stowe) then it’s going to be great year. Would people be happy heading into conference play at 9-4? 8-5? What about 13-0?

92!!?? Get your bets in now, folks, they aren’t finishing that low. 

13-0 or bust

1 hour ago, Crewsorlose said:

Minutes guess after the scrimmage

STARTERS

Okoro (20), Perkins (32), Collins (30), Nesbitt (25), Jimerson (18)

BENCH REGULARS: Linßen (20), Hargrove (20), Thatch (17) Williams (10), Strickland, Linßen, and Jones scratch for access to rotation. 

In your scenario who are the primary and secondary ball handlers when Yuri and Nesbitt are out of the game?

1 hour ago, bauman said:

Who is LinBen?  Is that Linssen or a combination of Linssen and either AL or LT?  And you have LinBen shown with 20 minutes and at the end scratching for access to rotation.

It's Linssen. If I remember my long ago German in high school, that B-looking thing is an "eszett" and represents a double s. I seem to remember reading that it's not used much anymore. Google it if interested as to how it came about.

6 hours ago, bauman said:

Sorry, meant Lorrentsson. Linßen = Linssen. The Germans have a letter, the ß, that approximates two esses but is technically a different letter. 

I asked same question for other games and the ticket office told me to call those schools.  They said they only get so many tickets and those are for family and team.  I’m sure the biggies get them too (Chaifetz, Vogt’s,etc.) but all others should go through hosting school.

Let me know if they tell you otherwise.

I have gotten tickets thru some that put you behind the bench.  I’ve gotten others that were nosebleed/bad sight lines.