2021-2022 Season

Aquinas

1 hour ago, AnkielBreakers said:

I wouldn’t expect that for the practice scrimmage. That is just a practice play. Yuri’s vision deserves credit. Linssen and Williams deserve some grief for what they did there.

I don't know what kind of defense they were playing on the Yuri dime to JP (or should have been playing) but if they were in a M 2 M then I expect that Williams was the supposed defender on Yuri.  I'm pretty sure that Yuri was not Linssen's  assignment.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, willie said:

My claim to fame was a time out contest. Got to shoot free throws against another gentleman. We both bricked about 5 then they said shoot a layup. I made mine and got the opportunity to shoot a 3. If I made the 3 you won 2 tickets from TWA to anywhere in the continental US. Somehow I made it. Took a trip to South Florida and saw Larry Hughes play South Florida in the sundome. Billiken Roy needs to tell us about his baseball bat spin. 

btw, nice memory that was a LONG time ago.  

5 hours ago, slu72 said:

Hopefully, Nesbitt’s not a Gordon type scenario. If so, just have someone use Gordon’s journey as an example of what happens where you’re likely to end up when you go on the dreaded ego trip. For right now, let’s just chalk up the attitude to youthful enthusiasm. With guidance from his teammates and staff hopefully this too shall pass. From the videos it appears he has the tools to be very successful here, but so did Cart’are in the early going. 

Nowhere close to CAG. TF has always stated his most intense, “win at all cost” players ever were Smart and Goodwin. He very recently stated Nesbitt appears ready to make this elite list a trifecta, albeit a bit too early to be 100% certain. Has all the earmarks. 

And, as a side note to those who care, I would be shocked if SLU is not in the Big East by the end of next week…

9 minutes ago, Gremio14 said:

Nowhere close to CAG. TF has always stated his most intense, “win at all cost” players ever were Smart and Goodwin. He very recently stated Nesbitt appears ready to make this elite list a trifecta, albeit a bit too early to be 100% certain. Has all the earmarks. 

And, as a side note to those who care, I would be shocked if SLU is not in the Big East by the end of next week…

Well that certainly doesn't seem like "a side note"...

14 minutes ago, Gremio14 said:

First paragraph: when I’ve watched YouTube highlight videos of Nesbit, the immediate comparison I’ve made, particularly with regard to attitude, was Goodwin. I also remember wondering if Goodwin was going to have an attitude issue.

Second paragraph: WOW. I had a thought this week that 2 years ago, I was told second/third hand that there was a “game changer” announcement coming for SLU. At the time, I thought it was Big East related. The only noteworthy announcement was that we got in that Orlando tournament that ended up getting canceled due to Covid. Anyway, I wonder if this has been something on the horizon for a while, and Covid just delayed things.

1 hour ago, Gremio14 said:

Come again?

Your name doesn’t look familiar to me so on a scale of Frank Gallagher to The One what kind of street cred are we working with here?

1 hour ago, Littlebill said:

Mine’s due in February. She’ll be one of the older babies in 22/23.

we are coming for that title. Watch out. 

I'm still salty that we got Covid-screwed out of the baby race in 2020-2021 with my first.

Luckily Baby No. 2 was born in Feb. 2021 so we should have a decent shot this year. 

2 hours ago, Gremio14 said:

Hunch or information?

4 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

I'd say the big east is here

But there's no news of Big East presidents meeting.   If they did there would be some report.  Maybe they'll apply to be in BE?

16 hours ago, NoCoBillsFan said:

So now that it seems that the consensus is that Nesbitt will be a starter, what do we think about the 5th starter? Would love to hear some insight from anyone at the open practice yesterday. 

TF does not talk starters. He talks minutes. As per a couple of days ago there are three guys he wants to get to 30 minutes. Javonte, Yuri, and Nesbitt.  Everything else is wide open.  Don’t be surprised if Linssen gets more minutes than Okoro.  Finding time for so many good players is a real dilemma for the staff.  

majerus mojo likes this

3 minutes ago, Gremio14 said:

TF does not talk starters. He talks minutes. As per a couple of days ago there are three guys he wants to get to 30 minutes. Javonte, Yuri, and Nesbitt.  Everything else is wide open.  Don’t be surprised if Linssen gets more minutes than Okoro.  Finding time for so many good players is a real dilemma for the staff.  

For sure. It’s gonna be a challenge to keep all this talent happy. Although, as long as they win it makes it somewhat easier. If they lose, you have to expect some griping and dissension. 

almaman likes this

8 minutes ago, Gremio14 said:

i agree about linssen unless okoro is an outstanding rim protector, need someone at the back in to defend, not sure linssen is that guy.

BIG BILL FAN likes this

1 hour ago, Gremio14 said:

Linssen fouled at a rate of 8 fouls per 40 min last year.  He won't be able to stay on the floor long enough to play starter minutes on a regular basis.

RUBillsFan likes this

16 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Linssen fouled at a rate of 8 fouls per 40 min last year.  He won't be able to stay on the floor long enough to play starter minutes on a regular basis.

tru dat but he sure seems to be judged harder then many bigs for contact fouls imo.