2021-2022 Season

Aquinas

what 4 or 5 stars have the billikens had suit up?   obviously hughes.   did goodwin receive such marks?   french?   i honestly dont know just curious.  

Littlebill likes this

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, billiken_roy said:

what 4 or 5 stars have the billikens had suit up?   obviously hughes.   did goodwin receive such marks?   french?   i honestly dont know just curious.  

Goodwin and Gordon. For transfers Okoro and Wiley. French and Santos had 4* from some, but not all (ESPN tends to not get as much love as other recruit rankers). 

24 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

No walk-on Engstler.  I can tell from this still team shot that Traore is going to be a beast, right @AnkielBreakers?

Elbows out is a sign of territorial dominance. They don’t give out #23 to no chump.

I actually did not put Traore over Nesbitt because he is such an unknown, but I expect great things.

That said, your point is accurate. Feel free to blow up Nesbitt threw the roof. I’ll back off on my doubts.

3 hours ago, AnkielBreakers said:

Truthfully, I am not on the Nesbitt band wagon. I hope he proves me wrong, but I think he will need a year to align his game to college, and then he could light it up. At the very least, I think the expectations on him need to be checked.

Curious as to why? We've never had a 4 star that didn't come in and make a major impact almost immediately. He's one of the top 4-5 recruits in regards to ranking we've had in 30 years. 

cheeseman likes this

36 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

Curious as to why? We've never had a 4 star that didn't come in and make a major impact almost immediately. He's one of the top 4-5 recruits in regards to ranking we've had in 30 years. 

Exactly.  Nesbitt came in at mid-semester into a team loaded with experienced 4 and 5 star recruits, that already had a 10 man rotation.  Who exactly was he supposed to displace? Penny had more four and five stars on that one team than we've had in 50 years.

5 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

Exactly.  Nesbitt came in at mid-semester into a team loaded with experienced 4 and 5 star recruits, that already had a 10 man rotation.  Who exactly was he supposed to displace? Penny had more four and five stars on that one team than we've had in 50 years.

I just think he has a tougher road to the court, through Perkins, Hargrove, Thatch, Gibson, and Collins. Not to mention others. He may be the better player, but he has to learn to play within the system as well. It is a tougher climb than Goodwin had.

Traore, on the other hand, was good at rebounding in prep school. Linssen is not really good at rebounding. Traore may get minutes for that reason alone. That is my theory.

19 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

I just think he has a tougher road to the court, through Perkins, Hargrove, Thatch, Gibson, and Collins. Not to mention others. He may be the better player, but he has to learn to play within the system as well. It is a tougher climb than Goodwin had.

Traore, on the other hand, was good at rebounding in prep school. Linssen is not really good at rebounding. Traore may get minutes for that reason alone. That is my theory.

Tougher road to the court?  You don't think Nesbitt is starting?

42 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

Delusional. He came from a too program with a loaded player count. The team didn’t mesh but on paper that was a top 5 team. 

5 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

Because of the COVID restrictions Nesbitt couldn’t begin practicing until February. He had one month of experience at Memphis. He was never going to play.

45 minutes ago, willie said:

From day one? No. Maybe by Christmas. 

Yeah, day 1 or day 15 doesn't really matter.  Kevin Lisch wasn't a day one starter.  But a couple weeks into the season he was doing Kevin Lisch things and the rest is history.  

Once Jordan Nesbitt starts doing Jordan Nesbitt things, we'll all laugh about this conversation.

On 10/1/2021 at 12:33 PM, billiken_roy said:

ESPN shows Hargrove was a 4*

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/235144/terrence-hargrove-jr