2021-2022 Season

Aquinas

2 hours ago, Old guy said:

I think that all this talk about fake vaccine IDs is both wrong headed and infantile. I think people should have the right to choose whether to be vaccinated or not. However, they DO NOT have the right to pretend they are vaccinated when they  are not. If you choose to take the risk of not taking the vaccine, you are also choosing to abide by the restrictions against  attending events and entering businesses or arenas that require proof of vaccination.

Well said Old Guy.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Aquinas said:

I'm pro vacjne, but I don't think it should take more paper work to get into a sporting event than it does to enter the country.

Take a photo on your phone and show that. I know a lot of season ticket holders will finally be forced to use the camera function on their flip phones. 

23 minutes ago, Franchise_08 said:

Take a photo on your phone and show that. I know a lot of season ticket holders will finally be forced to use the camera function on their flip phones. 

It takes more than just flashing a picture of a vaccine card, right?  The phone with the picture of the card could be anyone's phone and card.  Since our names aren't on our tickets won't we also have to show something to show that we are the person whose name is on the vaccine card picture?  Really, the only certain way to make sure the card picture is the ticket holders' is if the 2nd doc is a picture ID like a drivers/student/military card.

So to gain entrance I will need 3 things:  my ticket, my vaccine card or a picture of the card, and an item to prove that I am the person named on the vaccine card/picture.  If not then anyone can get in with someone else's card.

billiken_roy likes this

5 hours ago, bauman said:

It takes more than just flashing a picture of a vaccine card, right?  The phone with the picture of the card could be anyone's phone and card.  Since our names aren't on our tickets won't we also have to show something to show that we are the person whose name is on the vaccine card picture?  Really, the only certain way to make sure the card picture is the ticket holders' is if the 2nd doc is a picture ID like a drivers/student/military card.

So to gain entrance I will need 3 things:  my ticket, my vaccine card or a picture of the card, and an item to prove that I am the person named on the vaccine card/picture.  If not then anyone can get in with someone else's card.

There is no way they are requiring all that. It's very much an honor system. If some unvaccinated person wants to fake a card to get in it's not going to be hard to do. It's as much about plausible deniability as anything for the Blues and SLU and every other restaurant, concert venue, etc. that are "requiring" vaccination. It's not all that different than last year where you had to flash your phone with your wellness check which basically said you felt healthy. If you didn't feel healthy but still wanted to attend the game, of course you could just say you were healthy and still go...

slufan13 and BilliesBy40 like this

8 hours ago, kshoe said:

There is no way they are requiring all that. It's very much an honor system. If some unvaccinated person wants to fake a card to get in it's not going to be hard to do. It's as much about plausible deniability as anything for the Blues and SLU and every other restaurant, concert venue, etc. that are "requiring" vaccination. It's not all that different than last year where you had to flash your phone with your wellness check which basically said you felt healthy. If you didn't feel healthy but still wanted to attend the game, of course you could just say you were healthy and still go...

Yeah but that doesn't get people pissed off about their so called freedom

BilliesBy40 likes this

14 hours ago, kshoe said:

My only point was that if SLU wants to really ensure that attendees meet the vaccination (or recent test result) it needs to require the 3 items that I mentioned  If they choose not to, which is likely, then we are fooling ourselves to believe that all attendees are "safe."

By the way, you say that there is no way that SLU is "requiring all that."  You do realize that my post only requires one more item than your post, so I think referring to it as "all that" is a bit of a stretch.  And of course my 3rd item is required to board an airplane, cruise ship or receive a passport.

21 hours ago, AnkielBreakers said:

What is the word?

It was my 1st time seeing both besides highlights.  The play in the Fall league can be sloppy as well but I like both players.  I agree with what some of the other posts about these two.  Thames has the potential to play multiple positions.  I would have liked for him to be more aggressive yesterday.  Not sure if he normally plays laid back like that.  Kramer doesn't have a problem being aggressive lol.  Sometimes he was trying to do to much.  But I like both of them and think they will come in ready to compete when they step on campus. 

When is the first day of full team practice?  A while back the NCAA allowed 30 practices before the first game, but required days off in that schedule.  The rules may have changed, I don't know.  So Day 1 is coming up soon, within the next week or two, right?

Anyone know?  I remember Coach normally doesn' t start on the first allowable date as he takes some of the prescribed off days before he begins practice.

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

When is the first day of full team practice?  A while back the NCAA allowed 30 practices before the first game, but required days off in that schedule.  The rules may have changed, I don't know.  So Day 1 is coming up soon, within the next week or two, right?

Anyone know?  I remember Coach normally doesn' t start on the first allowable date as he takes some of the prescribed off days before he begins practice.

Hasn’t it always been 10/15? That date seems to be stuck in my fading memory bank.