2021-2022 Season

Aquinas

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Billikenbooster ---- right now yes to Duquesne.   My neighbor went to school in Pittsburgh and wants to show us around for that weekend.  Never really been there.  First time I can remember we are playing there on a weekend.

Taj, if you are traveling to Pittsburgh in winter please remember the following:

1. The PA Turnpike going west from South Central PA has tunnels across the mountains. It happens that the weather may be totally different in the two sides of the tunnel. I have entered the PA pike tunnels on one side that was cold but with no precipitation to come out of the other side of the tunnel into a blizzard. A bit of caution before you come out of those tunnels is required.

2. The most beautiful view of Pittsburgh is from relatively high in the mountains west of the city, going East into the city at night. The city is a triangle of light framed by the junction of the two rivers, a really nice sight.

3. If you like art and architecture you should try to visit Falling Water by Frank Lloyd Wright in your way in or out of the city. It is a gem full of incredible art, including a lot of stuff from Diego Rivera. Well worth it.

Have fun

12 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

There are only 17 A10 games on the schedule.  Earlier today Duquesne was missing.  Now Jan 23 UMass at home is missing.  Strange things

So that everyone can now give a huge sigh of relief, the SLU schedule on the MBB site is now up to date. UMass at home has been added. (Was Brian monitoring this page?)

3 hours ago, Old guy said:

Taj, if you are traveling to Pittsburgh in winter please remember the following:

1. The PA Turnpike going west from South Central PA has tunnels across the mountains. It happens that the weather may be totally different in the two sides of the tunnel. I have entered the PA pike tunnels on one side that was cold but with no precipitation to come out of the other side of the tunnel into a blizzard. A bit of caution before you come out of those tunnels is required.

2. The most beautiful view of Pittsburgh is from relatively high in the mountains west of the city, going East into the city at night. The city is a triangle of light framed by the junction of the two rivers, a really nice sight.

3. If you like art and architecture you should try to visit Falling Water by Frank Lloyd Wright in your way in or out of the city. It is a gem full of incredible art, including a lot of stuff from Diego Rivera. Well worth it.

Have fun

I'll add that a trip on the incline up Mt. Washington is worthwhile. There's a pretty good restaurant w/in walking distance from the incline station, but for the life of me I can't recall the name. Pricey but good. 

Ok, I'll ask again and be a PIA, what is our deal with FSMW? Is this going to become Bally's or stay as an FSN branch. They didn't broadcast any of our games post Covid last year, but ESPN plus picked up the slack. If they're a no show this year, I'm switching to Comcast. 

22 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Ok, I'll ask again and be a PIA, what is our deal with FSMW? Is this going to become Bally's or stay as an FSN branch. They didn't broadcast any of our games post Covid last year, but ESPN plus picked up the slack. If they're a no show this year, I'm switching to Comcast. 

email Brian Kunderman.  He will know and he responds to (my) emails.

21 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Unless I’m misunderstanding the question, there will be no games broadcast on FSMW this year as the channel has been rebranded as Bally’s. SLU games that  previously were broadcast on FSMW *should* be broadcast on Bally’s and ESPN+ as they previously were when the channel was named FSMW. The only thing that has changed is the name. 

RUBillsFan likes this

My group is between Duquesne (Pittsburgh) and Davidson (Charlotte) for our road trip.  Leaning toward Duquesne since this is the first time in years that the Duquesne road game is on a Saturday.  The Duquesne website lists the game time at 2:00 if that helps anyone.

I'm really hesitant to post this here.  Blues announced negative COVID test or proof of vaccination will be required to attend games.

I'm not commenting on whether I agree or disagree with it.  Complaining about it on a message board is a fruitless exercise.  I'm not trying to solicit anyone else's opinion on it.  I'm mostly posting this as a means to set expectations for what attendance at SLU basketball games at Chaifetz may look like this season.  I'd guess that SLU will follow the Blues lead.

10 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

I'm not commenting on whether I agree or disagree with it.  Complaining about it on a message board is a fruitless exercise.  I'm not trying to solicit anyone else's opinion on it.  I'm mostly posting this as a means to set expectations for what attendance at SLU basketball games at Chaifetz may look like this season.  I'd guess that SLU will follow the Blues lead.

It’s fair to expect that proof vaccination, or a recent negative text, will be required at 99% of pro and college hockey and basketball games (or other indoor stadiums).

16 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

I'm really hesitant to post this here.  Blues announced negative COVID test or proof of vaccination will be required to attend games.

Thank you for the post I have been concerned about getting in to watch games.

Even though I disagree with some of the CDC guidelines I am happy to comply with every CDC guideline to go to the games.  I am beyond ready to get into Chaifetz to watch the team.

I hope it’s the same guidelines SLU will follow.

dlarry and drkelsey55 like this

38 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

I could come up with a completely convincing fake vax card, using photoshop, given ten minutes. My real vax card looks like a fake...... 

Sure, fake cards and IDs have been going on a long time. Just ask any teenager looking to buy beer. Just because fake IDs are a thing, doesn't mean people trying to buy a beer at the concession stand won't get carded. 

dlarry and RUBillsFan like this

1 hour ago, ACE said:

Sure, fake cards and IDs have been going on a long time. Just ask any teenager looking to buy beer. Just because fake IDs are a thing, doesn't mean people trying to buy a beer at the concession stand won't get carded. 

The difference is that ID's are actually difficult or at least more difficult to fake.  Seriously, ten minutes is all you'd need.  The vax cards are ridiculous and pointless. I'm pro vax to the hilt but it is nearly impossible to prove or disprove that ANYONE is vaxxed at this point. 

AGB91 likes this

2 hours ago, CBFan said:

Thank you for the post I have been concerned about getting in to watch games.

Even though I disagree with some of the CDC guidelines I am happy to comply with every CDC guideline to go to the games.  I am beyond ready to get into Chaifetz to watch the team.

I hope it’s the same guidelines SLU will follow.

SLU requires masks indoors on top of vaccination. Expect they will go above and beyond.

38 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

The difference is that ID's are actually difficult or at least more difficult to fake.  Seriously, ten minutes is all you'd need.  The vax cards are ridiculous and pointless. I'm pro vax to the hilt but it is nearly impossible to prove or disprove that ANYONE is vaxxed at this point. 

That depends entirely on how convincing you need your fake ID to be. If you’re just driving up north Grand to the Chop Suey, that bar is significantly lower. At least it was in the mid-2000’s.

1 minute ago, Reinert310 said:

That depends entirely on how convincing you need your fake ID to be. If you’re just driving up north Grand to the Chop Suey, that bar is significantly lower. At least it was in the mid-2000’s.

We just scanned our IDs with a scanner, changed the birthdate, literally printed it out on a piece of thicker paper stock, slide it in our wallets and hold it up to the bulletproof glass at the register. Easy peasy lemon squeasy.

I think that all this talk about fake vaccine IDs is both wrong headed and infantile. I think people should have the right to choose whether to be vaccinated or not. However, they DO NOT have the right to pretend they are vaccinated when they  are not. If you choose to take the risk of not taking the vaccine, you are also choosing to abide by the restrictions against  attending events and entering businesses or arenas that require proof of vaccination.

4 minutes ago, Old guy said:

I think that all this talk about fake vaccine IDs is both wrong headed and infantile. I think people should have the right to choose whether to be vaccinated or not. However, they DO NOT have the right to pretend they are vaccinated when they  are not. If you choose to take the risk of not taking the vaccine, you are also choosing to abide by the restrictions against  attending events and entering businesses or arenas that require proof of vaccination.

Not saying I condone it. If you want a vaccine passport, do a vaccine passtport.  These cards are pathietic.

Reinert310 likes this

1 hour ago, billikenfan05 said:

SLU requires masks indoors on top of vaccination. Expect they will go above and beyond.

The mask requirement for indoor venues is a City requirement which I imagine will still be required at Blues games unless they have worked out some special deal with Mayor Jones and her medical staffers.

1 hour ago, bauman said:

The mask requirement for indoor venues is a City requirement which I imagine will still be required at Blues games unless they have worked out some special deal with Mayor Jones and her medical staffers.

Such a joke, all you have to do to be exempted is to hold a beer in your hand..

bauman likes this