2021-2022 Season

Aquinas

1 hour ago, AnkielBreakers said:

I hope Nesbitt is a great player, but I am surprised at how many (how consistently) posters expect him to be a second leading scorer. 

I hear where you're coming from, but it makes more sense when you look at it in a historical context. Nesbitt is a consensus top 50-100 recruit. Here are the freshman year scoring averages of the other top 100 recruits we've gotten in the last 20ish years:

• Carte'Are Gordon: 8.9ppg
  • Jordan Goodwin: 11.5ppg
  • Tommie Liddell*: 11.3ppg
  • Marque Perry: 6.0ppg (in a backcourt with Jeffers and Love)
  • Larry Hughes: 20.9ppg

If you want to expand it a little wider to more recent fringe 4-star guys it would be players like:

• Hasahn French: 9.2ppg
  • Kwamain Mitchell: 10.6ppg
  • Brett Thompson: 2.0ppg
  • Kevin Lisch: 11.1ppg

This year's team will be different than each of those teams. But the point is that it's pretty fair to assume that when a guy of Nesbitt's pedigree comes to a program like SLU, he's going to be a near double digit scorer immediately.  

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, NH said:

Not a lot of easy road games for a NYC-based Bills fan this year, bummer. Look forward to my first visit to Tom Gola "Arena". May have to check out the swimming pool while I'm there

Let us know the condition of the pickleball courts while you’re there.

18 hours ago, NH said:

Not a lot of easy road games for a NYC-based Bills fan this year, bummer. Look forward to my first visit to Tom Gola "Arena". May have to check out the swimming pool while I'm there

Yeah I was hoping for a game at Fordham this season.  I'll be in NYC for Thanksgiving.   SBU is too far of a drive from NYC might as well fly to Cleveland.

I'm eying that G Mason game as 1, I could probably get to.   I'm tempted on the Memphis trip too.  Cancun line up is underwhelming.  That'll bring in tens of fans.

Home games, I plan to get to Auburn.  I used to be a fan.

1 hour ago, Taj79 said:

Eying coming in for Auburn.  Likely at Dayton and at Duquesne and at La Salle and at Mason.  Eying going to Richmond and Davidson.

Billikenbooster and wife looking at Duquesne as well. 9h ride grom the Lou. Leaving after work, staying in OH somewhere. What happens after that depends on time of the game.

Do you guys usually get your tickets through slu or do StubHub?

mhg

12 hours ago, Billikenbooster said:

Billikenbooster and wife looking at Duquesne as well. 9h ride grom the Lou. Leaving after work, staying in OH somewhere. What happens after that depends on time of the game.

Do you guys usually get your tickets through slu or do StubHub?

mhg

I got my Davidson tx direct thru them. 

@Billikenbooster --- in the world of MBM postings and 50/50 chances, the answer is "it depends."  I have gone through ticket offices at La Salle and St. Joe's and Mason.  I tell them I'm an alum and so far, only La Salle has placed me right behind the SLU bench for a game.  Another time, they placed me top row of the bleachers behind the SLU bench.  I then used StubHub and got midcourt seats across from SLU bench but paid a steeper price .... I mean it was La Salle so steep was like $25.  St. Joe's has stuck us in an upper corner.  Mason in the upper deck.  Of course, none of these are actual "arenas" so you are not that far away and moving is always easy.

SLU Alumni gatherings seem to be divided more and more now into the haves and have nots.  The big donors get to sit behind the team bench; the young alumni and others get relegated to an upper level seat.  This was done at George Washington on a few occasions. Dayton as well.   Fordham doesn't matter because the arena is like nine rows high.  Have yet to go to Rhodey, Amherst, Richmond, VCU or Davidson.  VCU tickets are impossible to come by and very high priced.  And i won't go to Olean --- need a few more dogs for that sleigh ride.

I have never used the athletic office/ticket office at SLU for away games.  Duquesne doesn't normally draw well and they just upgraded their 3000 seat gym into a 5000 seat gym.  I have never seen a "crowd" at either so far.  

On 9/11/2021 at 9:05 AM, Taj79 said:

@Billikenbooster --- in the world of MBM postings and 50/50 chances, the answer is "it depends."  I have gone through ticket offices at La Salle and St. Joe's and Mason.  I tell them I'm an alum and so far, only La Salle has placed me right behind the SLU bench for a game.  Another time, they placed me top row of the bleachers behind the SLU bench.  I then used StubHub and got midcourt seats across from SLU bench but paid a steeper price .... I mean it was La Salle so steep was like $25.  St. Joe's has stuck us in an upper corner.  Mason in the upper deck.  Of course, none of these are actual "arenas" so you are not that far away and moving is always easy.

SLU Alumni gatherings seem to be divided more and more now into the haves and have nots.  The big donors get to sit behind the team bench; the young alumni and others get relegated to an upper level seat.  This was done at George Washington on a few occasions. Dayton as well.   Fordham doesn't matter because the arena is like nine rows high.  Have yet to go to Rhodey, Amherst, Richmond, VCU or Davidson.  VCU tickets are impossible to come by and very high priced.  And i won't go to Olean --- need a few more dogs for that sleigh ride.

I have never used the athletic office/ticket office at SLU for away games.  Duquesne doesn't normally draw well and they just upgraded their 3000 seat gym into a 5000 seat gym.  I have never seen a "crowd" at either so far.  

Thanks Taj. You said you’re on for Duquesne in Pitt?

mhg

54 minutes ago, Old guy said:

This is weird but Duquesne is not listed among our conference games for the 21-22 season.

January 29th.

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

The schedule on the SLU BB website missed that game. It is on the League Website. 

https://slubillikens.com/sports/mens-basketball/schedule

January 29th.   was on there every time i looked.