Midtown Madness: Season 2 Episode 1: Featuring Head Coach Travis Ford

Podcast

Wow.  Congrats on getting Coach Ford on the Podcast.  I know there was a some Twitter interaction and you've had ACs on in the past (& W Soccer HC), but it is still kind of a shock to the system to see this. 

Things that would have seemed crazy during the Majerus / Crews era:

1. There even being a Billiken fan run Podcast that was high quality enough for any coach to consider appearing on it.

2. The head coach actually appearing on a fan run Podcast.  I mean Majerus would barely even appear on his own radio show.

Kudos to Coach Ford for doing this too.  You guys are really big time now 🤣.

I haven't had a chance to listen yet, but am really looking forward to it.  I love that you guys talked to him about The 6th Man.  I remember watching that movie as a kid and I really feel like Ford's appearing in a movie isn't talked about as much as it should be.  At the very least I'd think opposing fans would use it as fodder for poking fun at him more.

6 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

Wow.  Congrats on getting Coach Ford on the Podcast.  I know there was a some Twitter interaction and you've had ACs on in the past (& W Soccer HC), but it is still kind of a shock to the system to see this. 

Things that would have seemed crazy during the Majerus / Crews era:

1. There even being a Billiken fan run Podcast that was high quality enough for any coach to consider appearing on it.

2. The head coach actually appearing on a fan run Podcast.  I mean Majerus would barely even appear on his own radio show.

Kudos to Coach Ford for doing this too.  You guys are really big time now 🤣.

I haven't had a chance to listen yet, but am really looking forward to it.  I love that you guys talked to him about The 6th Man.  I remember watching that movie as a kid and I really feel like Ford's appearing in a movie isn't talked about as much as it should be.  At the very least I'd think opposing fans would use it as fodder for poking fun at him more.

totally agree on this "victory" for the podcast staff.  except for maybe romar, i dont know if any previous coach in my fandom would have done it with the enthusiasm that ford does in this interview.   good job guys. 

9 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

You're going to like his episode, then. We got some great anecdotes out of his movie experience.

And thanks for the kind words.

billikenbill likes this

Just finished the section with Coach Ford talking about Javonte Perkins and summer workouts. Combine this with @Coach314 saying he is on a mission this year... not sure I've ever been so excited for a player's season at SLU s this upcoming one for Javonte.

This is a must-listen podcast episode for all Billiken fans.

Pistol likes this

Congrats on landing the big fish.  You guys have put in the work and it's nice to see it rewarded.  Also, thanks to Coach Ford for validating the MBM community.  This is a man who gets it.

Based on the Coach Forte and Coach  Ford interviews, Rashad Williams will be one of our key players whenever he gets his waiver.  We knew he could get hot offensively but I don't think most of us were aware of his defensive prowess.  At worst, he's our sixth man when he becomes eligible.

Pistol likes this

Thanks, everybody.

I listened yesterday afternoon and like the way it turned out. Ford low-key drops a lot of good information in between a lot of good stories and opinions. Also had some great thing to say about his players and staff. I said this on Twitter but if this doesn't make you excited for the upcoming season, I don't know what will.

9 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Did Coach say anything on Williams' waiver due to two transfers?  I know the NCAA is handing out these multi-transfer waivers like Halloween candy, but I haven't heard if Williams has been granted one yet.

No, but we already saw from Kundermann a few days ago on Twitter that his is still pending. I'm sure we'll hear soon.

HoosierPal likes this

8 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Did Coach say anything on Williams' waiver due to two transfers?  I know the NCAA is handing out these multi-transfer waivers like Halloween candy, but I haven't heard if Williams has been granted one yet.

Nope other than just waiting.

And anyone notice coach mention Williams is as physical as Fred?

7 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Did Coach say anything on Williams' waiver due to two transfers?  I know the NCAA is handing out these multi-transfer waivers like Halloween candy  seedless watermelon on the Fourth of July, but I haven't heard if Williams has been granted one yet.

FIFY.  I've made it about 1/2 way through the Podcast (I usually listen on weekends when I mow the lawn, but I couldn't wait on this one), but I haven't heard any mention of Williams' waiver.

Coach did talk about Williams as a guy who will surprise people.  It sounded to me like they're expecting him to be eligible.

5 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Wanted to wait until I had enough time to listen to it in one sitting. Great show Pete and Zach.

I guess we need to add Marlon Wayans with John Stamos to the Billiken super fan list.

I'm afraid the Stamos ship has sailed:

I like our odds with Marlon Wayans, though.

brianstl likes this