Welcome Lassina Traore!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, wgstl said:

If this is the right guy, born in ivory coast. offers from Ark state, FGCU, UNCW,

Lassina Traore (@LassinaJunior) | Twitter

Yep, that's about all I could find. Not much out there. Youtube searches of him were all soccer videos. 🙃 

Welcome Lassina Traore to team blue.

I wish for you a enjoyable and successful time at SLU.

5 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

What you got on him?  I can't find anything.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NikeTeamFlorida/with_replies

Just watched some videos from this Florida AAU team. There is not a lot, but just watching his size, strength, and running the court. It is impressive. Probably a developmental big, but he has an impressive physical starting point. 

the soccer background tells me that he isnt afraid to run.  but the fact he was somewhat a 2 sport athlete also makes one question how good he is at either in this age of specialization focus.  

8 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

the soccer background tells me that he isnt afraid to run.  but the fact he was somewhat a 2 sport athlete also makes one question how good he is at either in this age of specialization focus.  

It wouldn’t surprise me if he has some background playing soccer because soccer/football is likely the primary sport in the Cote D’Ivoire. With that said, I think Katherine mentions of a soccer player are to the fact that there is a pro soccer player that has his same name. Different guy.

41 minutes ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

It wouldn’t surprise me if he has some background playing soccer because soccer/football is likely the primary sport in the Cote D’Ivoire. With that said, I think Katherine mentions of a soccer player are to the fact that there is a pro soccer player that has his same name. Different guy.

two people have that name?   would have bet against that!

2 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

This has big Diarra vibes… lightly recruited big, late in the signing period, same name as a famous soccer player…

hopefully this turns out better

Diarra was a great bottom of the team big. If he is like that for a year, then great. We are not completely replacing J. Bell. I am happy with this player, and there appears to be mobility and upside.

SLU_Lax likes this

5 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

This has big Diarra vibes… lightly recruited big, late in the signing period, same name as a famous soccer player…

hopefully this turns out better

i am fine with taking a flyer on an athlete.   if we didnt have a competent center, that would be quite the risk, but third on the depth chart?  all ok.  likely will start out as a practice body.   his job to show he's better than that.

ACE, Reinert310, HenryB and 1 other like this