Is this roster set?

Taj79

my take on bell was i was intrigued by the size, impressed by his apparent heart and determination he could lose that much weight (as a former overweight guy I KNOW how hard it is to lose weight and keep it off.  it took Cancer for me to get in shape).  he exhibited that he was a good kid and teammate.   so naturally i had hope all those traits could translate into becoming a formidable basketball player.   he still might and i hope he does,  but honestly he was still pretty much the same player he was when he arrived at slu and no doubt was 3rd on the depth chart for the inside the lane position.    

honestly if we are just looking for that basketball player and taking all the above traits out of the discussion, that player is out there for the taking anytime.   my guess is ford would rather look for a player he believes can progress a little faster and further.    

I thought we handled the Bell situation perfectly.  As soon as he realized he would play only in emergency situations, he left.  No fault on either side.  

We can't ask our recruits who could easily play big mins elsewhere to be the 12th man on the roster their 3rd year.  

I hope the roster is not set but we only have a couple more weeks at best to get another player.  We need another big for depth.

I'm assuming all worries about the other transfers getting waivers are over.  The PG from UCA is not here yet but the guy from Oakland has been with the team.

I was not a Jimmy Bell fan.  Kudos to him for losing weight in HS but he never got in shape here.  He was 30 LBs bigger than anybody he faced on the court but he played like he was 50 LBs lighter.  SOFT.  Good footwork and moves but too much mass to pull them off.  He gets down to 240 and can dunk with ease, maybe you have something.  His skills just seem like a real mismatch for his body.

5 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Traore has already shrunk.  He's listed at 6'9".

rickma move lying down instead of the common lying up?

HoosierPal likes this

10 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

rickma move lying down instead of the common lying up?

And a Spoon move too.  I believe at a Billiken Club meeting he used he term 'shrinkage' describing Donnie Dobbs, as he moved from the West Coast to St. Louis.  Donnie lost a few inches of height in the move!😄

22 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

And a Spoon move too.  I believe at a Billiken Club meeting he used he term 'shrinkage' describing Donnie Dobbs, as he moved from the West Coast to St. Louis.  Donnie lost a few inches of height in the move!😄

George Constanza also suffered from shrinkage.  

HoosierPal likes this

On 8/19/2021 at 12:00 PM, Speyburn said:

What's interesting is the class most of these guys are in for basketball eligibility.  Thatch graduated and he's a redshirt sophomore.  He should have a master's by the end of his junior year.  Linnsen came in as a grad transfer.  He's a junior.  He can maybe have a doctorate by the time he leaves.  Jimerson, a 3rd year freshman, dang.

That being said, how in the heck can anybody know how many scholarships might be open next year? ..... a total unknown.

On 8/20/2021 at 8:08 PM, WVBilliken said:

What's interesting is the class most of these guys are in for basketball eligibility.  Thatch graduated and he's a redshirt sophomore.  He should have a master's by the end of his junior year.  Linnsen came in as a grad transfer.  He's a junior.  He can maybe have a doctorate by the time he leaves.  Jimerson, a 3rd year freshman, dang.

That being said, how in the heck can anybody know how many scholarships might be open next year? ..... a total unknown.

I noticed the same thing and it was somewhat of a head scratcher.  Basically it looks like they added the years played and then subtracted one making last year not count. 

We won't know how many scholarships are up for grabs until a few players decide on their extra year and/or transfers.  Right now the only players who can't come back, I think, are Perkins and (maybe) Jones.  Jones has played 4 years already and this will be his fifth.  So I assume he would be done, but I really don't know for sure.  (If last year doesn't count, he would have another year possible, right??) 

How many of these athletes could play their extra year that doesn't count on the schollie total?  To me this is a rubix's cube.  We know we already have to incoming frosh, Thames and Kramer.  That makes 14 possible bodies with scholarships-including Williams and Jones, but how many count towards the 13 total?