Primer on the Wizards and Goodwin's NBA chances

thetorch

3 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

that was di.fficult to watch.   that is bad basketball.   a lot of selfishness as well.   G League sucks

Nba isn’t all that much better too 

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i dont like to watch that either.   if here is absolutely nothing else on, and steph curry is playing, i will watch that for awhile.   otherwise i would rather watch a cooking show.

Old guy likes this

Stu's tweet said Goodwin has 35 points through 3 quarters.  He ended up with 35.  Is this correct?  Did he not score in the fourth quarter or in overtime?  He only had two fouls so he must've been in there right?  According to the play-by-play, he was in and took final shot to win game at regulation but then is no where to be found in the OT period.  Of course, G League OT's are all of two minutes,  Go-Go's scored 3 points in OT.  

35 minutes ago, BilliesBy40 said:

How many did he end with? I am finding it hard to locate G League stats online.

Stuff like that is so frustrating. I hate to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but it just makes me feel like the NBA is intentionally sabotaging the G-league to avoid diluting their main brand and avoid future competition.

SLU_Nick likes this

15 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

Stu's tweet said Goodwin has 35 points through 3 quarters.  He ended up with 35.  Is this correct?  Did he not score in the fourth quarter or in overtime?  He only had two fouls so he must've been in there right?  According to the play-by-play, he was in and took final shot to win game at regulation but then is no where to be found in the OT period.  Of course, G League OT's are all of two minutes,  Go-Go's scored 3 points in OT.  

actually they only let him play about 1/2 of the 4th quarter.   imo it was why they ended up losing.   goodwin is the best all around player on the team.  only guard that thinks much about passing and he still goes after rebounds like his life depends on it.  

the gogo's big man was horrible.   worst 3 foot shooter i might have ever seen.   yet they kept giving him the ball in the ot.  

man it was terrible basketball.  

20 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

Stu’s tweet is correct.

1 hour ago, Taj79 said:

Jgood missed his last 8 shots. 

3 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

yeah i dont like to watch that either.   if here is absolutely nothing else on, and steph curry is playing, i will watch that for awhile.   otherwise i would rather watch a cooking show.

What’s wrong with cooking shows? Cooking shows are great!

G League not so much.

NBA I can watch the playoffs but don’t really enjoy it unless I’ve put some money down.

1 hour ago, dlarry said:

What’s wrong with cooking shows? Cooking shows are great!

G League not so much.

NBA I can watch the playoffs but don’t really enjoy it unless I’ve put some money down.

i agree that's why i will be watching cooking shows before g league or nba.

dlarry likes this

Just now, crymdg2 said:

I'll tell your Grandson that.  🤣

i tell him that all the time when he watches those awful utube nba videos non stop

14 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

i tell him that all the time when he watches those awful utube nba videos non stop

If he’s going to watch the NBA on YouTube at least get him to watch Larry, Magic, and Michael. At least Larry hit the floor diving for a ball not because someone almost bumped him

3 hours ago, slufanskip said:

If he’s going to watch the NBA on YouTube at least get him to watch Larry, Magic, and Michael. At least Larry hit the floor diving for a ball not because someone almost bumped him

i actually try to get him to watch engineering and doctor videos.   the kid is incredibly smart.  

Anyone see the ESPN feature on Juan Toscano-Anderson of Golden State?  I ask, because this guy's story has to be encouraging for Goodwin.  Toscano Anderson was undrafted out of Marquette.  He is 6'6" and 209 lbs.  After going undrafted, he played 2 years in the Mexican league.  He played so well that he got a G-League invite.  He has spent the past two seasons on the Golden State roster.

• 2 months later...

I think wizards and pelicans play next week so I will get to watch two of my favorite area high school stars go head to head, Goodwin vs Liddell 

Tonka likes this