thetorch

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, RUBillsFan said:

FYI

Wizards kick of the preseason schedule at Houston tomorrow.  

https://www.nba.com/wizards/wizards-announce-2021-preseason-schedule-090221

Cool to see that Goodwin has his own player page on the Wizard's roster:

https://www.nba.com/player/1630692/jordan-goodwin

Not so cool: they have his "last attended" as "Missouri-St. Louis"

Goodwin joins Frank Cusamano and 
Phyllis Smith on the UMSL distinguished alumni list. 

Same old story for the Billikens.

5abc2e333b13fb7b0f5cfe99f71d270d.jpg

12 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

It's almost as if the player profiles are being filled in by dropdown menus.  They need to add "Saint Louis" to their database.  

I'm not sure about that.  Why would they have "Missouri-St. Louis" as a dropdown menu option and not "Saint Louis".  UMSL hasn't had anyone in the NBA recently (ever?) that I can recall.

1 minute ago, RUBillsFan said:

I'm not sure about that.  Why would they have "Missouri-St. Louis" as a dropdown menu option and not "Saint Louis".  UMSL hasn't had anyone in the NBA recently (ever?) that I can recall.

Everyone realizes that we (SLU MBM’s) are the only ones looking at his player profile right now. Right? If he makes the team, then call Wizards headquarters and demand a change. Until then, try not to do anything that makes him look bad.

BilliesBy40 likes this

1 minute ago, RUBillsFan said:

Ummmmm…Michael Jordan, the GOAT, Greatest Of All Time, was an UMSL Triton!

3 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

Everyone realizes that we (SLU MBM’s) are the only ones looking at his player profile right now. Right? If he makes the team, then call Wizards headquarters and demand a change. Until then, try not to do anything that makes him look bad.

I highly doubt MBMs pestering the web developers will cause him to miss out on making the team.

If anyone with the ability to influence the roster decisions is paying attention (again, doubtful), I'd imagine Goodwin having a loyal fanbase who cares about his bio would actually help him make the roster.  Wizards are in the business of making money and a player with a large / devoted following could help them do that.

billiken_roy likes this

4 minutes ago, almaman said:

they were Rivermen back then I'm guessing

Yup. Jordan was recruited hard by Dean Smith and the University of North Carolina Tarheels, but he committed to UMSL because he was convinced Tom Bartow was the only coach that could help Michael reach his true potential.

3 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

The last two and a half minutes of the game highlights are packed with Jordan Goodwin plays:

I know it’s an exhibition but Jordan was essentially playing the Bradley Beal role for them down the stretch.  Only judging from this highlight video. 

iso ball for Goodwin in an NBA uniform is something I never thought I’d see.  His offense looks wildly improved from when he left SLU.  I’m rooting for him so hard 

1 hour ago, RUBillsFan said:

Goodwin & the Wizards play their 2nd preseason game tonight at 6pm vs the Knicks.  Hopefully the Wizards rest more of their regulars and Goodwin gets a longer look than he did in game 1.

They Wizards were missing quite a few players the 1st game.  KCP and Avdija will make their debut tonight.

38 minutes ago, almaman said:

how many do they still have to cut b4 season opener?

The Wizards roster is pretty much full.  I haven't seen them cut any of the 20 players in camp yet.  Goodwin has almost a zero chance of winning a regular roster spot and still needs to beat out 3 other players for the final 2 way contract.

Haven’t seen highlights so, FWIW, the box score shows JGood with 5 mins. of action, going 2-4 from the floor, 0-1 from the arc, with 4 points and 1 board. Only 2 players played fewer mins., one of them a big, and one was Miles McBride, a 6’1 guard from WVU.