O.T. Conference Shuffle ( OU and Texas inquire about joining SEC)

BLIKNS

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, The Valley Sucks said:

Let me correct my statement you can't play any sub 200 net non conference road games. 

Okay.  I thought you were hoping the A10 cleaned out it's basement.

Two teams, today, are NET 200 and NET 213.  They are Georgetown and Georgia.  Would you not schedule them for next season at a home and home?  Or would you in fact schedule sub 200 teams?  Sometimes it is hard to figure out how good a team will be when you actually play them.

8 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Okay.  I thought you were hoping the A10 cleaned out it's basement.

Two teams, today, are NET 200 and NET 213.  They are Georgetown and Georgia.  Would you not schedule them for next season at a home and home?  Or would you in fact schedule sub 200 teams?  Sometimes it is hard to figure out how good a team will be when you actually play them.

You can’t be faulted for scheduling a team that could be good, then turns out not to be. Everyone knows there’s a risk, so stay away from the guaranteed bottom teams.  

I think you know what people are trying to say about this..

Yeo , D2 schools moving up to D1 have a 4 year probationary period. 

When FGCU women moved up, lost couple of NCAA bids , had to play in the WNIT

1 hour ago, Brighton said:

I’ll say this, SLU better step up their game in all sports because Lindenwood is a sleeping giant not just in the St. Louis region, but the state.

The OVC is going to really excite the area - Oh wait SIU-E is in the OVC.  If Lindenwood wants to be the top dog in the area they will have a big hill to push that stone up much less the state.

AGB91 and ACE like this

1 hour ago, cheeseman said:

The OVC is going to really excite the area - Oh wait SIU-E is in the OVC.  If Lindenwood wants to be the top dog in the area they will have a big hill to push that stone up much less the state.

And you think the A10 does ? Unlike SIUE, they actually care about sports. Their potential to be a force shouldn’t be overlooked and that’s all I was saying.

dennis_w likes this

5 minutes ago, Brighton said:

And you think the A10 does ? Unlike SIUE, they actually care about sports. Their potential to be a force shouldn’t be overlooked and that’s all I was saying.

They've basically made athletics the focus of their identity, and they're ambitious about it.  I wouldn't sleep on them.

6 minutes ago, Brighton said:

Right. Some of the posters here are in denial.

Don’t think it is being in denial, as much as it is an acknowledgment their potential as a power is at a different level from the other D1 teams in the state in the near future. They’ve made a quick rise up the college ranks, but it takes a long time to become a power at the D1 level. 

10 minutes ago, Compton said:

It would be super exciting to see them become a force in OVC FCS football, if that is ever a thing that anyone anywhere expresses any interest in whatsoever.

The local and national media disagrees with your snark. 

Like it or not, football rules America and Lindenwood is the only game in the St. Louis area.

7 minutes ago, Bonner89 said:

The local and national media disagrees with your snark. 

Like it or not, football rules America and Lindenwood is the only game in the St. Louis area.

Has OVC football been getting national media attention other than Austin Peay leaving the conference?

Like it or not football rules America and the University of Maryland is the only football team in the DC metroplex and no one gives a damn to watch mediocre football that can't even compete in its own conference.