Jump to content

Billikens.com Report Technical Errors Thread


Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, Old guy said:

That may depend on how much board traffic there is Labor Day. If the traffic is low, delays due to bandwidth availability may not show up. They probably will as the season comes closer.

The issue is not a bandwidth issue.   It is a DNS and caching issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Old guy said:

Good, if it is a DNS issue you could attempt to use Cloudflare DNS, I have it working in some of my computers and it is faster than the regular DNS. I do not know if the server will  allow this or not.

The problem is actually with Cloudflare.  When I disable Cloudflare security features (which has been the case until I made the change this weekend), things work much better.

3 hours ago, bauman said:

Steve, I'm sorry that you are having to work on Board problems, but I have had problems getting any response from Billikens.com for at least 7-10 days.

Thanks for your work to fix it.

Whoa!  Are others having this type of problem?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SluSignGuy said:

The problem is actually with Cloudflare.  When I disable Cloudflare security features (which has been the case until I made the change this weekend), things work much better.

This sounds like there is some kind of incompatibility between your server protection and your DNS. I have had no problems with Cloudflare and Win 10 64, but I probably run a different protection setup than your server does.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Old guy said:

This sounds like there is some kind of incompatibility between your server protection and your DNS. I have had no problems with Cloudflare and Win 10 64, but I probably run a different protection setup than your server does.

In looking at Cloudflare support forums, the problem seems to be coming up with sites that use WordPress and Cloudflare (on their free service). 

https://community.cloudflare.com/t/error-520-just-keeps-showing-up/302001

I have other sites hosted on the same server that do not use WordPress, and there is absolutely no problem with those.  My web host has done checks and indicates the problem is with Cloudflare.  

I like Cloudflare a lot, but not 100% sure how to resolve this particular problem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cloudfare is not the only free DNS service available to replace the standard Win10 DNS. You could try some of the others and see if there is improvement. And by the way, what your web host is telling you is that Cloudfare is not compatible with their system and protection systems, not that it is bad in any way. You could try the standard Win10 DNS service (free) and see if there is an improvement.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • SluSignGuy changed the title to Billikens.com Report Technical Errors Thread

Steve, I have been unable to use Billikens.com for around 2 weeks with one or two exceptions.  However, all is good today so whatever you did seems to have corrected the problem.

Thanks for taking the many hours you spend on this "project" to provide a tremendous service to us Billiken fans.

I am really looking forward to the start of the season and seeing FO and JN in person along with the hoped for improvement in many of our returning players, especially Yuri, TJ and GJ.   Also I'm hoping for an even better year from Javonte and his additional 20 lbs. of muscle.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, bauman said:

Steve, I have been unable to use Billikens.com for around 2 weeks with one or two exceptions.  However, all is good today so whatever you did seems to have corrected the problem.

Thanks for taking the many hours you spend on this "project" to provide a tremendous service to us Billiken fans.

I am really looking forward to the start of the season and seeing FO and JN in person along with the hoped for improvement in many of our returning players, especially Yuri, TJ and GJ.   Also I'm hoping for an even better year from Javonte and his additional 20 lbs. of muscle.

Damn. If you're able to get on now, he needs to give me my money back. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...