Welcome, Kellen Thames!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Old guy said:

There is a word in German Schnadenfreude that means feeling good about other people's misfortune. Nothing wrong with doing this, enjoy it as much as you can.

Something about "German" feeling good about other people's misfortune seems off to me.

billikenbill likes this

8 hours ago, slufan13 said:

SLU and Mizzou fans are really obsessed with each other for 2 programs that never play and neither have made a sweet 16 in the last decade

MU people have an inferiority complex, but no one who graduates with a degree in psychology from Missouri could accurately and properly diagnose it. So it just lingers on like Rose Kennedy towards the end. 

Dr. Holly Hills likes this

6 hours ago, thatskablamo said:

MU people have an inferiority complex, but no one who graduates with a degree in psychology from Missouri could accurately and properly diagnose it. So it just lingers on like Rose Kennedy towards the end. 

Most of that comes from the KC side which makes a ton of sense.

thatskablamo likes this

7 hours ago, thatskablamo said:

Rose Kennedy reference. Billiken Board first.😁

Major Majerus likes this

3 hours ago, willie said:

Rose Kennedy reference. Billiken Board first.😁

pretty sure she was a billiken club member starting in the late 50's.

56 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

He's saying it's doubly bad, because Mizzou's football program is even worse, by comparison, in that conference.

That’s beginning to change under Drinkwitz. He has a chance to put up consecutive top 20 classes.

9 hours ago, BilliesBy40 said:

Not sure whether you’re joking or not, but yes, huge fan. Check out our athletics WIKI.

Yes, joking. Seemed to tie in with the Rose Kennedy mention. 

1 hour ago, Brighton said:

Three troll likes ?

Sensitive bunch. Hey, it’s true.

You've been posting for three years, which should be long enough to know that making positive posts about Mizzou is taboo in the eyes of very many Billikens fans here.

And whether it's true, or not, I don't know.  A "top 20" recruiting class in the SEC could still leave Mizzou near the bottom of the conference.  The established powers of that conference usually have even higher-ranked recruiting classes.

billiken_roy likes this

25 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

You've been posting for three years, which should be long enough to know that making positive posts about Mizzou is taboo in the eyes of very many Billikens fans here.

And whether it's true, or not, I don't know.  A "top 20" recruiting class in the SEC could still leave Mizzou near the bottom of the conference.  The established powers of that conference usually have even higher-ranked recruiting classes.

I will say it’s true that their new coach looks to be turning Mizzou football around, at least from a recruiting perspective. The results haven’t been there on the field yet, but he’s only got one season under his belt. The problem I have, (and I didn’t give a troll post) is that @Brighton never hesitates to be the most negative poster on this board, never hesitates to talk trash about our coach, who comparatively has had just as much success recruiting as Drink has, and also has much better results to back it up. My guess is that, if most other posters here write that same post, they don’t get any troll responses. It’s considering the source that becomes the problem.