Welcome Nick Kramer

I like it.  

Fanily is super athletic.  His brother has broke all the way power hitting records at Lafayette.  A school that has produced Ryan Howard, David Freese and Luke Voit. He is headed to play ball at Ole Miss.  His dad was the starting point guard on a NCAA tournament team at UAB.

1 hour ago, brianstl said:

I like it.  

Fanily is super athletic.  His brother has broke all the way power hitting records at Lafayette.  A school that has produced Ryan Howard, David Freese and Luke Voit. He is headed to play ball at Ole Miss.  His dad was the starting point guard on a NCAA tournament team at UAB.

Kramer vs Kramer II 

Knockdown shooter, both off the bounce and the catch. Can handle the ball. Good size and should be a plus rebounder for his position. Will need to get a little quicker on the defensive end but I think he will. His overall game improved impressively from a good sophomore year to an even better junior year and it sounds like he’s carried that into the summer with BBE. Nice pickup and hopefully gets the ball rolling on a big time 2022 class.

I am in love after watching that highlight video.  I am always so biased against players who do not have high major offers.  In this case however, I think this is another example of Ford seeing this kid early and knowing that one or 2 more AAU showings and every other school throws their hat in the ring.  

As I understand it, he starts on Brad Beal Elite as the shooting guard?  That fact alone should put my "he only has those other offers" bias to bed.  Another great get for Ford and Co.  

32 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

I’m very impressed with the fact that Nick is shooting over 60% from 3 this summer. You can never have too many shooters. Does anyone know how many attempts he’s had?

Until they play in the EYBL next month, full stats are hard to come by.

Kramer will be the first player from SLUH since Andre Craig, who last suited up in 2009, but he was a walk-on. Kevin Shortal before him was also a walk-on. I think the last scholarship player from SLUH would've been Ted Mimlitz (1985-1987).

SLU has had 45 players from SLUH from what I can find in the record books, the vast majority of whom played between 1930 and 1970. Walsh and Mimlitz and the walk-ons were later.

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

Kramer will be the first player from SLUH since Andre Craig, who last suited up in 2009, but he was a walk-on. Kevin Shortal before him was also a walk-on. I think the last scholarship player from SLUH would've been Ted Mimlitz (1985-1987).

SLU has had 45 players from SLUH from what I can find in the record books, the vast majority of whom played between 1930 and 1970. Walsh and Mimlitz and the walk-ons were later.

Depending on how you define "from SLUH", you might not be correct.  Darrin (Darin?) Young played at SLUH before finishing his HS career at Kirkwood.  He walked on at SLU 2009-10 a year after Andre Craig and then finished his college career at Maryville.