O.T. Darryl Pee WeeLenard

BLIKNS

Happened to look at the BBE roster, saw his name... Has he been with them for a long time?  Is he the coach at Marquette High?   Is he close with the SLU program.  Was fan of his from those early Grawer years

10 hours ago, Coach314 said:

Pee Wee is close with the Progam

Define close.

He's been with Eagles/BBE for many many years. Has he been an advocate for SLU with those players? Our track record with the Eagles under certain coaches says no.

Our influence in BBE stems from Tate and his relationships.

19 hours ago, thetorch said:

Been with Eagles/BBE for years/decades.

He is not the coach at Marquette or any other HS to my knowledge.

He has not been particuliarly close with us.

He attends a lot of games in the vip/coaches/recruits section. 

5 hours ago, thetorch said:

Define close.

He's been with Eagles/BBE for many many years. Has he been an advocate for SLU with those players? Our track record with the Eagles under certain coaches says no.

Our influence in BBE stems from Tate and his relationships.

I wrote a post a few months back about SLU's relationship with BBE.  I disagree that the track record says that we don't have good relationship with BBE.  At the time I wrote the post, six of the twenty current college players that were listed on BBE's website as having come from their program were attending SLU.  I'm not saying that Leonard is responsible for delivering them to us, as it would probably be impossible to quantify his influence within the program.  However, having a former Billiken inside the program can't hurt.

25 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

I wrote a post a few months back about SLU's relationship with BBE.  I disagree that the track record says that we don't have good relationship with BBE.  At the time I wrote the post, six of the twenty current college players that were listed on BBE's website as having come from their program were attending SLU.  I'm not saying that Leonard is responsible for delivering them to us, as it would probably be impossible to quantify his influence within the program.  However, having a former Billiken inside the program can't hurt.

We have a good relationship because of Tate/Frazier. Lenard has been there a long time, when the Eagles/BBE laughed at us when our coaches came calling.  He wasn't pushing kids to Soderberg, Romar, Majerus or Crews.

5 minutes ago, thetorch said:

We have a good relationship because of Tate/Frazier. Lenard has been there a long time, when the Eagles/BBE laughed at us when our coaches came calling.  He wasn't pushing kids to Soderberg, Romar, Majerus or Crews.

Crews couldn’t sign a BBE kid even if they did push them towards SLU and Majerus never prioritized local kids. I don’t remember much about the Soderberg or Romar years, but I think it’s kind of short-sighted to judge how close a guy is to our program by how many of the kids he coaches sign with us.