Supreme Court rules college athletes are entitled to compensation

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

So you are saying that you won't go to the Fieldhouse to pay for autographs of the SLU cross country team?

No

HoosierPal likes this

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah ... this has got success written all over it.  Web Apps America?  WTF is that?  Going to be watching this one closely.  Can't help but wonder how Web Apps America is going justify it books and profit margins when  it sits already $2m in debt to a no name 2-star Shooting guard in the Ohio Valley Conference.

AGB91 likes this

I don’t believe for a second that there is an actual $2 million deal for Miller that will pay him $2 million in cash.  I believe this is Master P and his business partners playing the media for free publicity for a business venture.

On 7/2/2021 at 12:55 PM, kshoe said:

I'm not a huge fan of the NIL rules, but the one thing I think it does well is get around the non-revenue and women's sports demanding equal pay.

If the NCAA had decided to just pay every men's basketball and football player $20k a year, you'd better believe there would have been lawsuits from the non-revenue and women's sports saying it isn't fair. But under NIL it's ever man, women and athlete for himself/herself under free market rules. If the local car dealership decides to pay every men's basketball player $20k and nothing to the women, then its tough luck. 

I think this may benefit the smoke show female athlete more than anybody.

A good looking woman can get millions of Instagram followers by posting one selfie in a bikini. 

The attractive female athlete is going to make a killing.

1 hour ago, dlarry said:

A good looking woman can get millions of Instagram followers by posting one selfie in a bikini. 

Just shoot me.....................

1 hour ago, dlarry said:

Grandy Glaze is just a template for Billikens looking to sell themselves? Blue font. I said blue font. No, no Team Blue, this is not a good idea, blue font.

dlarry likes this

1 hour ago, dlarry said:

Cavinder twins

1 hour ago, willie said:

Cavinder twins

I read some reports saying they believe the Cavinder twins can make as much as 3 million a year as “social Media influencers.”

I don’t think the starting QB for Alabama will be bringing in that type of change. 

3 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Perhaps Mr. Thatch Jr. is getting a cut of the fees?

I saw this too. Thought the same thing.

Looks like a local kid (Thatch) in a local area (Sikeston) hitting up local folks where he is better known than most.  Of course, good for him but he'll need a lot more notoriety going forward.  

1 minute ago, willie said:

I am curious why SLU did not have camps this summer. Covid? Stuen's death? 

Those both seem like reasonable guesses to me. I can't say for sure.

2 hours ago, willie said:

I am curious why SLU did not have camps this summer. Covid? Stuen's death? 

Pretty sure the decision was made in late April when Covid was still raging. Stuen being sick at the time and nobody else wanting to lead it could have been a contributing factor, but the women didn't have theirs either.