OT: USMNT Soccer Thread

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, HoosierPal said:

Brooks, Ream, Reyna and Pulisic all out for the October WCQ three matches.  McKennie back with a 'clean slate'.  Zardes and Hoppe called in.  Sargent left in Europe.  Thursday at Austin...stay tuned.

It is a little tricky with these qualifiers as players who play against countries who have been marked as covid red zones have a longer quarantine - vaxxed or not. Could explain leaving out Sargent - but then again, he wasn't exactly impactful last break

5 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

It is a little tricky with these qualifiers as players who play against countries who have been marked as covid red zones have a longer quarantine - vaxxed or not. Could explain leaving out Sargent - but then again, he wasn't exactly impactful last break

I read the players competing in England have that specific issue.  They can't go to Panama unless they quarantine upon return to England. That would have put Ream and Pulisic out of that match. Steffen and A. Robinson very likely won't travel to Panama.

11 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

I read the players competing in England have that specific issue.  They can't go to Panama unless they quarantine upon return to England. That would have put Ream and Pulisic out of that match. Steffen and A. Robinson very likely won't travel to Panama.

Yep. Left that out - ruins the whole purpose of my post then LOL

@TheA_Bomb Did you get picked?

14 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Vaccinated Premier League players traveling to “red list” countries can now train and play while quarantining upon their return to England.

55 minutes ago, BilliesBy40 said:

Vaccinated Premier League players traveling to “red list” countries can now train and play while quarantining upon their return to England.

Yeah I just read that update now.  They still have to quarantine.  They can come out of quarantine once per day to play or train.  The exemption for players is subject to strict protocols and a code of conduct to be agreed with clubs, the Football Association and Public Health England.  The 'strict protocols and code of conduct' weren't listed.  Let's see how this plays out.  Brazil and Argentina had that kerfuffle last month on travel protocols.

Bizarre, but there are a lot of players beyond the US duo that are in this situation.  

I actually was pretty happy with who was called in, considering Puli and Reyna were obviously not going to be ready. This is BY FAR our easiest window (doesn’t mean we’ll get results). I understand that people aren’t happy with Zardes over Pefok, Arriola over Konrad de la Fuente, Green and Scally being left off, but they could all easily be included next month when we play Mexico. Asking guys to leave their clubs and fly across the world once a month, playing 3 games in a week, then flying back and contribute to their clubs without missing a beat, I think, is asking a lot of these guys. I don’t mind rotating some guys in and out of the roster depending on the window. 

slufanskip likes this

11 hours ago, Littlebill said:

Yep. Left that out - ruins the whole purpose of my post then LOL

@TheA_Bomb Did you get picked?

Yeah I'm headed to USMNT vs Jamaica on Thursday. It was pricey , the process for the lottery was slightly confusing on how much it would cost.   I paid less for front row of Gold Cup in KC vs Canada.   These seats are up fairly high.  I'm guessing it was just the venue the demand in Austin is crazy with this as first year of MLS etc

13 hours ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Yeah I'm headed to USMNT vs Jamaica on Thursday. It was pricey , the process for the lottery was slightly confusing on how much it would cost.   I paid less for front row of Gold Cup in KC vs Canada.   These seats are up fairly high.  I'm guessing it was just the venue the demand in Austin is crazy with this as first year of MLS etc

The lottery was super confusing for Cincy tickets, as well. I didn't get picked but 3/4 of the other guys in our group trying won, so we have a total of 10 seats for the 11/12 game. Looks like we're using 8 and selling 2 at this point.

2 minutes ago, Pistol said:

The lottery was super confusing for Cincy tickets, as well. I didn't get picked but 3/4 of the other guys in our group trying won, so we have a total of 10 seats for the 11/12 game. Looks like we're using 8 and selling 2 at this point.

You guys may already know this, but for others who don't: sign-up as a USMNT "Premium Insider" for $45 to increase your chances of getting tickets (and receive some other perks, too).

Pistol likes this

Just now, BilliesBy40 said:

You guys may already know this, but for others who don't: sign-up as a USMNT "Premium Insider" for $45 to increase your chances of getting tickets (and receive some other perks, too).

Yep, thanks. Also signed up for American Outlaws, which gave me another round in the lottery. $30 and it came with a shirt and American flag bandana, as if I didn't already have a dozen of those around.

I went to the USWNT-Paraguay match here a couple weeks ago, which obviously wasn't much of a game but made it clear that this is going to be a great venue for the Mexico game. I like the idea of playing in these smaller, soccer-specific stadiums for important qualifiers. Without a national stadium, we don't have that home field advantage. The playing surfaces in the recent games played in NFL stadiums have been garbage, too.

Only downside is SLU plays EIU that night. Given the late start time of the USMNT-Mexico game (9:10 pm), I still might be able to catch some of it, though.

2 hours ago, Pistol said:

Agreed. My cousin and I are going to be there as well. I won the lottery and he didn't

Starting lineup tonight vs Jamaica. My only gripe is I’d prefer to see either Hoppe or Weah starting, but the idea of them coming off the bench is exciting to me.

0CC88520-A692-4815-A025-C15FD3724E85.jpeg

37 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

Starting lineup tonight vs Jamaica. My only gripe is I’d prefer to see either Hoppe or Weah starting, but the idea of them coming off the bench is exciting to me.

0CC88520-A692-4815-A025-C15FD3724E85.jpeg

Look for Coach B to rotate his starters a lot more than he did in Sept. Coach B is looking at the long game this break. I doubt if anyone goes 270 this breaK. The wild card is the Premier League Covid Protocols and Code of Contact that may impact who goes to Panama. Coach B has that info and has a plan for the next 2 lineups. 

Adams, McKennie and Yedlin all have one yellow.  That is input into these three lineup choices. 

19 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Look for Coach B to rotate his starters a lot more than he did in Sept. Coach B is looking at the long game this break. I doubt if anyone goes 270 this breaK. The wild card is the Premier League Covid Protocols and Code of Contact that may impact who goes to Panama. Coach B has that info and has a plan for the next 2 lineups. 

Adams, McKennie and Yedlin all have one yellow.  That is input into these three lineup choices. 

Totally agree! And I have no problem with rotating guys. It’s the smart move. Let’s F-ing go boys!