OT: USMNT Soccer Thread

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The US plays like they can string together 25 passes and work the ball up the field. 

The reality is the only way they can string together 10 passes is if they are all backwards and that actually is likely to happen pretty often

They are kind of like the rhythmless guy on the dance floor who has no clue he can’t dance. 

They’re damn lucky Honduras is just bad

52 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

I’m done defending this team. That 1st half was absolutely pathetic. There’s no excusing it. Just absolutely atrocious.

I knew we had it all along. 

1 minute ago, slufanskip said:

Yes but it doesn’t change how poorly they’ve played these 3 games

Youre not wrong, and not making excuses, but if we could ever get Reyna, McKennie and Pulisic on the field at the same time, it would probably help.

slufanskip likes this

Pepi provided a nice spark.  Played with more intensity in the 2nd half.

18 yo from El Paso, then FC Dallas system.  They produce a lot of talent never won the MLS.

That was looking really bad for a while.  Maybe they can keep up the intensity.

¡Ricardo Pepi!

Pepi saved Gregg’s job. Full stop. He was involved in all 4 goals and was exactly what Sargent is not: a goal producer.

Props to Gregg for his willingness to make changes to begin the game and throughout the game. He needs to continue evolving for this team to reach its potential.

We can breathe A LOT easier now. Get healthy before the next window of games next month.

5 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

For me the Robinson boys should be written in ink. Brooks place should be questioned. Pepi plays until he proves otherwise and Aaronson is moving the needle up. 

Agree with all this. Brooks was awful these last 2 games. Could he earn a spot again? Sure. Playing 3 games each window, we’re going to have to rotate guys, but he’s going to have to play better. Both Robinsons and especially Aaronson should be written in ink

Jedi looked as good as he does for Fulham. Pepi was a beast… just remember Sargent scored on his debut too.   I think Aaronson is gonna be recognized as our best player before long… the Medford Messi.  

very happy with the three points. Not happy with Gregg.  But I said before the window, 5pts is the minimum for Gregg to keep his job, so for me, he gets one more window. Need at least 6pts next window. 

After a horrible opening lineup, Coach B did the right thing by bringing in 3 subs and rearranging his formation in the second half.  There was no connection between the back line and the front line in the first half.  Moving the pieces around certainly helped.

Coach B owns the horrible first half but he also gets credit for seeing it wasn't working and making the necessary changes.

Was Brooks hurt, sick, or disinterested?  The two games he played in were as bad as I have ever seen him.  There has to be a reason for his play. 

Yes, it was an incredible debut for Pepi....all of 18 years old!  Once he grows into his frame, he will be unstoppable.

And after wearing the goat horns on his Defense v Davies in the Canada match, Yedlin's cross to Pepi was perfect.

BilliesBy40 likes this

8 hours ago, wgstl said:

True, but one was a friendly in which we were winning at the time. This was a massive goal with high pressure. 

Oh absolutely. Not to mention Pepi did a lot more than just score.  I’m definitely super excited about the kid, but US Soccer fans have a tendency to overhype and put way too much pressure on any young kid who does anything.  I certainly hope he can handle the pressure of being our 9 of the future.