16 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Idk who will be in the roster but this is my line up

steffen

dest Robinson Brooks Robinson 

Adams

mckennie musah

Reyna Sargent pulisic 

Potential replacement is Zimmerman for Robinson or dike for josh 

What's nice about your back line is it looks like you have the Human Vacuum cleaner plugged in. That's real outside the box thinking. I like it

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3-4-3:

https://www.buildlineup.com/shared/6109f2ebd998900ebe43ac7a

4-3-3:

https://www.buildlineup.com/shared/6109f493d998900ebe43ac7b

A lot of fun things we could do with our midfield. I would be fine with Weah over Yedlin in the 3-4-3. Musah should play, but I am not confident he will get much run in qualifiers due to Berhalter's decision not to use him in games before the Gold Cup.

I wish Jozy was fit. He would actually be a great fit for our current midfield and attacking talent.

European leagues are either underway or starting this weekend. Konrad de la Fuente had a dynamite take and assist to kick-off his top flight career. This comes after he was one of Marseille’s best players during preseason. Most people, including myself, have overlooked his potential role in WCQ, but at this point I would be surprised if he isn’t included on the roster for the first qualifying window. Some good players will be left off the roster.

10 hours ago, BilliesBy40 said:

European leagues are either underway or starting this weekend. Konrad de la Fuente had a dynamite take and assist to kick-off his top flight career. This comes after he was one of Marseille’s best players during preseason. Most people, including myself, have overlooked his potential role in WCQ, but at this point I would be surprised if he isn’t included on the roster for the first qualifying window. Some good players will be left off the roster.

We will know in less than three weeks.  First Qualifier Sept 2 @ El Salvador

• 3 weeks later...

Roster for the upcoming World Cup qualifiers: https://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2021/08/usmnt-september-2022-concacaf-world-cup-qualifying-roster

The big news here is inclusion of Ricardo Pepi. He is a rising star who is eligible for Mexico and USA. I am also glad to see Konrad de La Fuente in the squad.

DETAILED ROSTER BY POSITION (CLUB/COUNTRY; CAPS/GOALS):

GOALKEEPERS (3): Ethan Horvath (Nottingham Forest/ENG; 7/0), Zack Steffen (Manchester City/ENG; 23/0), Matt Turner (New England Revolution; 7/0)

DEFENDERS (10): George Bello (Atlanta United; 3/0), John Brooks (Wolfsburg/GER; 43/3), Sergiño Dest (Barcelona/ESP; 11/1), Mark McKenzie (Genk/BEL; 6/0), Tim Ream (Fulham/ENG; 45/1), Antonee Robinson (Fulham/ENG; 12/0), Miles Robinson (Atlanta United; 9/3), James Sands (New York City FC; 6/0), DeAndre Yedlin (Galatasaray/TUR; 64/0), Walker Zimmerman (Nashville SC; 17/2)

MIDFIELDERS (5): Kellyn Acosta (Colorado Rapids; 37/2), Tyler Adams (RB Leipzig/GER; 14/1), Sebastian Lletget (LA Galaxy; 29/7), Weston McKennie (Juventus/ITA; 24/7), Cristian Roldan (Seattle Sounders; 25/0)

FORWARDS (8): Brenden Aaronson (RB Salzburg/AUT; 7/3), Konrad de la Fuente (Olympique Marseille/FRA; 1/0), Jordan Pefok (BSC Young Boys/SUI; 6/1), Ricardo Pepi (FC Dallas; 0/0), Christian Pulisic (Chelsea/ENG; 38/16), Gio Reyna (Borussia Dortmund/GER; 8/4), Josh Sargent (Norwich City/ENG; 16/5), Tim Weah (Lille/FRA; 13/1)

11 minutes ago, BilliesBy40 said:

Roster for the upcoming World Cup qualifiers: https://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2021/08/usmnt-september-2022-concacaf-world-cup-qualifying-roster

The big news here is inclusion of Ricardo Pepi. He is a rising star who is eligible for Mexico and USA. I am also glad to see Konrad de La Fuente in the squad.

GOALKEEPERS (3): Ethan Horvath (Nottingham Forest/ENG; 7/0), Zack Steffen (Manchester City/ENG; 23/0), Matt Turner (New England Revolution; 7/0)

DEFENDERS (10): George Bello (Atlanta United; 3/0), John Brooks (Wolfsburg/GER; 43/3), Sergiño Dest (Barcelona/ESP; 11/1), Mark McKenzie (Genk/BEL; 6/0), Tim Ream (Fulham/ENG; 45/1), Antonee Robinson (Fulham/ENG; 12/0), Miles Robinson (Atlanta United; 9/3), James Sands (New York City FC; 6/0), DeAndre Yedlin (Galatasaray/TUR; 64/0), Walker Zimmerman (Nashville SC; 17/2)

MIDFIELDERS (5): Kellyn Acosta (Colorado Rapids; 37/2), Tyler Adams (RB Leipzig/GER; 14/1), Sebastian Lletget (LA Galaxy; 29/7), Weston McKennie (Juventus/ITA; 24/7), Cristian Roldan (Seattle Sounders; 25/0)

FORWARDS (8): Brenden Aaronson (RB Salzburg/AUT; 7/3), Konrad de la Fuente (Olympique Marseille/FRA; 1/0), Jordan Pefok (BSC Young Boys/SUI; 6/1), Ricardo Pepi (FC Dallas; 0/0), Christian Pulisic (Chelsea/ENG; 38/16), Gio Reyna (Borussia Dortmund/GER; 8/4), Josh Sargent (Norwich City/ENG; 16/5), Tim Weah (Lille/FRA; 13/1)

You called it on Konrad de La Fuente. 

Surprised, just a little, that Hoppe and Busio aren't on the list.  And I thought I read that Ream was hurt, but obviously not enough to keep him off the squad.  And we all know of Pulisic's positive test.  We may not see him until game 2 or 3.

6 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

You called it on Konrad de La Fuente. 

Surprised, just a little, that Hoppe and Busio aren't on the list.  And I thought I read that Ream was hurt, but obviously not enough to keep him off the squad.  And we all know of Pulisic's positive test.  We may not see him until game 2 or 3.

Hoppe and Busio may have been excluded due to their club situations (Hoppe potentially on the move, and Busio settling in at Venezia). 

35 minutes ago, BilliesBy40 said:

@BilliesBy40 I know Pepi can’t be cap tied in this qualifying camp, but does his inclusion on this roster mean anything significant 1 way or another towards him making his decision? All the Duel-Nat rules fly way over my head.

10 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

@BilliesBy40 I know Pepi can’t be cap tied in this qualifying camp, but does his inclusion on this roster mean anything significant 1 way or another towards him making his decision? All the Duel-Nat rules fly way over my head.

I'm reading this as he has made his decision, but that's just a MBM take: 

slufanskip likes this

35 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

As @majerus mojoreferenced, Pepi's public statement appears to be his long-term commitment to the USMNT. Mexico also tried calling him up for their upcoming games. I doubt he would accept the call-up to USMNT if he was still undecided.

19 minutes ago, BilliesBy40 said:

As @majerus mojoreferenced, Pepi's public statement appears to be his long-term commitment to the USMNT. Mexico also tried calling him up for their upcoming games. I doubt he would accept the call-up to USMNT if he was still undecided.

I read on Stars and Stripes FC (basically a US Soccer board), that if he appears in 1 of these qualifiers, he won’t be allowed to file the 1-time transfer paperwork for another 3 years. Which means he can’t play for the Mexican National team at least until 2024. So basically, him getting into one of these qualifiers would give us 3 years to cap tie him, which essentially means it would take a huge turn of events for him to switch after he appears in 1 of these games. Kinda reading between the lines, I’m assuming that appearing in WC Qualifiers holds more weight than say a Nations League match.

I’m kinda taking their word for it here, but I’ve seen it said more than once and nobody has challenged it, so I’m assuming this is correct.

majerus mojo likes this

I "won" lottery for tix OCT 7 Vs Jamaica in Austin.  They were expensive. 

No Timothy Chandler, he rarely gets off the bench at Frankfurt Eintracht. So I guess it's not surprising 

17 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

No Timothy Chandler, he rarely gets off the bench at Frankfurt Eintracht. So I guess it's not surprising 

My fingers are crossed for the US-Mexico lottery. Gonna make it a long weekend and end up in Memphis for the bills game the following tuesday

BilliesBy40 likes this

1 hour ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Oct 7 is my birthday. I'll be 60. Seems like an Invite with ticket would be a pretty sweet birthday gift. 

BilliesBy40 likes this

11 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

For those who ask if St. Louis still produces great soccer players. 2 of the players on this roster are from here. I don't think there's been a time in the last 30 years where a St. Louisan wasn't in the player pool for the USMNT. 

Yep, and that won’t be stopping any time soon.  STL City begins academy play this weekend. You can bet on them putting a lot of time and money into the academy, especially with how much MLS is selling homegrown players to Europe for these days. 

Reinert310 and slufanskip like this

This tidbit is from my official Bundesliga  email

Reyna makes history as BVB edge Hoffenheim

Gio Reyna scored on the day he became the youngest player to make 50 Bundesliga appearances and Erling Haaland got an incredible late winner as Borussia Dortmund edged Hoffenheim 3-2 after late drama at Signal Iduna Park.

2 hours ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Gio Reyna scored on the day he became the youngest player to make 50 Bundesliga appearances and Erling Haaland got an incredible late winner as Borussia Dortmund edged Hoffenheim 3-2 after late drama at Signal Iduna Park.

Haaland…I love that guy!

4 hours ago, TheA_Bomb said:

That is an incredible accomplishment. I cringe a bit when I see all of the “youngest American to X”, but across the history of the Bundesliga is amazing.

Gio is dat dude