PD Article - Rashad Williams

I thought Stu wrote a very good article on RW.    https://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/slu/williams-wants-to-diversify-his-game-at-slu/article_2d220edd-afc9-55e3-a206-4ff5fbf72500.html

If Williams really is a point guard, I could see him taking a large portion of minutes away from Yuri if RW can consistently knock down the outside jumper.  

It really just gives us another weapon which is a good thing.  Ford being able to keep all these players happy is a incredible feat.  

2 hours ago, SLU_Nick said:

I thought Stu wrote a very good article on RW.    https://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/slu/williams-wants-to-diversify-his-game-at-slu/article_2d220edd-afc9-55e3-a206-4ff5fbf72500.html

If Williams really is a point guard, I could see him taking a large portion of minutes away from Yuri if RW can consistently knock down the outside jumper.  

It really just gives us another weapon which is a good thing.  Ford being able to keep all these players happy is a incredible feat.  

My concern as well. However, Williams came across pretty well in that interview. The only thing that surprised me was he has to get a waiver for this year. I thought all that stuff was put on the back burner for this season. Evidently it doesn't apply to two time transfers. 

Good article.  He has not been a facilitator at all during his career, so I'm skeptical that he'll be able to fill that role. Also, I'm not sure how well Nesbitt will be able to do that. 

Goodwin was a secondary playmaker and I don't feel like we have replaced that. If he returns, problem solved of course, if not, it needs to be addressed.  Remember last year, even with Goodwin, we had a couple games where our walk-on PG had to play some meaningful minutes due to injuries to YC and DJ.

Also, this is another example of why the criticism that the P-D ignores us (yadayada) doesn't fly any more. In recent years, they have done a lot more feature articles throughout the offseason.

almaman likes this

According to ESPN, Williams’ freshman year at Cleveland State was 2018-19.  He then moved on to two years at Oakland.  That was 2019-20 and last year 2030-21.  I see no sit out year in those three consecutive seasons yet he is listed as a “RS” on some sites.  

1 hour ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Did he sit out a year between Cleveland State and Oakland?  If so, then the NCAA should grant his waiver.  Period.

1 hour ago, Taj79 said:

According to ESPN, Williams’ freshman year at Cleveland State was 2018-19.  He then moved on to two years at Oakland.  That was 2019-20 and last year 2030-21.  I see no sit out year in those three consecutive seasons yet he is listed as a “RS” on some sites.  

He was granted a waiver a few games into what would have been his year sitting.

https://goldengrizzlies.com/news/2020/1/16/mens-basketball-rashad-williams-eligible-to-compete