Way to support Ford Stuen

Agree - we may all have our differences here and disagree at times, but If there’s one thing we can agree on it’s helping a family in need. Ford is one of us and I can’t imagine what his wife is going through. If it’s a GoFundMe or helping with purchasing items for the baby on the way, count me in as well. Let’s show the strength of our little community here!

I am in 100 percent on this.  Does someone with a business paypal account (they don't have limits or fees) want to collect the money?  I have one if no one else does, although it hasn't been active in a while so I am not sure if it still works  but I could check.

This is just so awful and unexpected.  

4 hours ago, SLU_Nick said:

I think it is definitely more powerful to come together as a billikens.com community and provide straight financial support.

A bunch of strangers buying things off a baby registry is sort of weird.  Just my .02

That is my thought as well. I will certainly contribute to a group donation with my fellow Billiken degenerates. This one hurts, anything we can do to show the family there is a community supporting them seems like a good thing. Roy's post below is a good one, lets wait and see.

4 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

If you are near Chaifetz, it would be nice if you could drop some flowers off at the Billiken statue as a makeshift memorial. Ford's family will be in for the Memorial on Saturday and it would be nice if there was a visible show of love from us.

I think this is a very good idea, and it would likely mean a lot to the family.

An obituary has been posted for Ford Stuen.

https://www.osfuneralhomes.com/obituary/ford-stuen

For those of you would who would like to support the Stuen family, it appears the family will setup a trust

Celebration of Life Service will be at Chafietz Arena on Saturday, May 15 at 1:00 p.m. followed by a reception. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the Penn Ford Stuen Trust Fund.

Once I learn details about how to contribute to the Trust Fund, I will post these.

I suggest that Billikens.com users donate directly to the trust if they wish, as there could be complications if I try to coordinate/group the donations.

This is good, the wife is going to need cash much more than flowers. I just made my donation.

The link is very easy to use, clicking on the paypal link gets you to a donation site for the Ford Steuen Family Trust fund. Just fill the amount of the donation, log in to Paypal and you are done. Fast, painless, and presumably anonymous.