O.T. Favorite teams you like, teams you Hate

Have to admit , after the Bills, I am a St. Mary's fan( Randy Bennett), FGCU( Live in Fort Myers, had season tickets, and Florida...Already have those teams, but have said if I needed a team could be a Butler fan... 

As for teams to hate, SVU of course, but also Duke,  mu, and Xavier ( respect what they have done, but ripped heart out and stomped on it too many times)

Since it is the off season, something

hate - all college basketball teams not named "The Billikens"

love - The Billikens

hate all Major League baseball teams not named the Braves and the Cardinals

love  the Braves like the Cardinals

hate all other professional sports teams

Hate

Houston / Calvin Sampson

Mo. State, VCU, Duke, NC, Kentucky  All B10 schools

Love

Billikens and all Jesuit schools.

Billiken Rich likes this

I am a spiteful sports fan so here we go... You will notice not much love and lots of hate

Love (College Basketball): Billikens

Hate (College Basketball): Dayton, St. Bonaventure, Butler, Creighton, Davidson, Duke, Kansas, VCU, Richmond, Duquesne, Gonzaga, Mizzou, Mizzou, Mizzou

Love (College Football): Certain coaches - Mac Brown, Gary Patterson, Matt Campbell, David Shaw, Mike Leach

Hate (College Football): Mizzou, Baylor (their scandal was atrocious and somehow forgotten) Coaches - Dabo, Jimbo, Jim Harbaugh (I will take this take to my grave - Jim Harbaugh is and has always been the most overrated/overhyped coach in any sport... Has only won an NFC title but until recently was always discussed in the upper echelon of all coaches) 

Billiken Rich likes this

MLB - Love Cardinals and very minor like due to growing up there and going to many games Texas Rangers. Hate Cubs, Yankees. I know this was only teams but there are certain players I like to watch such as Lindor and Kershaw and Acuna Jr is growing on me. 

CBB - Love Billikens, Like OU and Texas. Hate Duke

Soccer - Love USWNT, USMNT, Billiken women and men

CFB - Like OU and Texas

NHL - Blues but don't really watch

NBA - Don't really watch check in Mavs and Celts

Can't think of another major sport 

NH likes this

Obviously the Bills will always be my favorite team but I go through phases with enjoying to watch other teams.

I actually liked the Christian Laetnner Duke teams and the Fab 5. I was in grade school and both of those teams were larger than life.

I really enjoyed watching Princeton knock off big time programs running Pete Carril’s “Princeton Offense.”

I liked St. Joes before the Bills moved to the A10.

I usually root for Xavier.

I hate Cincinnati and Memphis from the CUSA days. 
I wouldn’t mind Arizona getting the death penalty. Kentucky and Kansas can go with them. 
9 times out of 10 I’ll be rooting for a “mid-major” whenever they play a power 5 school. 

10 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

MLB - Love Cardinals and very minor like due to growing up there and going to many games Texas Rangers. Hate Cubs, Yankees. I know this was only teams but there are certain players I like to watch such as Lindor and Kershaw and Acuna Jr is growing on me. 

CBB - Love Billikens, Like OU and Texas. Hate Duke

Soccer - Love USWNT, USMNT, Billiken women and men

CFB - Like OU and Texas

NHL - Blues but don't really watch

NBA - Don't really watch check in Mavs and Celts

Can't think of another major sport 

OU and Texas? You don’t see that very often. 
who do you root for in the Red River shoot out?

I like them both too actually. 
Ive have a lot of cousins who live and went to UT and my grandfather is from OK and loved watching Sooners football.

When they played each other I lean UT.

CBB-Billikens. Cheer for other teams based off context, if there’s a player or coach I like in a given year. Hate: Mizzou, (Insert Blue Blood Here).

CFB-Mizzou and UCF (my Dad went bro UCF, so it was fun watching them be so good for a couple years). Hate: Alabama, OU, Clemson, Ohio State

MLB: Braves, Cardinals. (I cheer for the Cards whenever they’re not playing the Braves). Hate: Yankees, Phillies

NHL: Blues. Hate: Blackhawks, Preds (used to hate the Redwings, but they’ve been so bad for so long, that hatred has waned).

NBA: I don’t really care, but I do root for local guys like Tatum and Beal.

Soccer: Billikens men and women. USMNT and USWNT. I’ve become a big Chelsea guy because of Pulisic, but follow and root for a lot of the Americans playing in Europe. Soon to be a big STLSC fan!

billiken_roy and slufanskip like this

OU Boomer Sooner. I grew up the black sheep, an OU fan in a house of UT fanatics. My older brother went to school there. My youngest brother's first words were Hook em Horns. We all wore burnt orange and white at my Dad's funeral ( even his best friend who is an Aggie professor ) released orange and white balloons and sang the Eyes Of Texas with the Hook em sign held high. As a kid I literally was not allowed to watch the OU - Tx game in the living room unless I wore a UT hat. I never did. I watched from the hallway lol. 

However as an Adult I've leaned a bit away from OU ( just way too much cheating Football and basketball ) Though it seems better in both sports the last 10-15 years. And with my family being so pro UT, I've grown to like them also but will always root OU when they play each other

dlarry likes this

All Consuming Hate Above All Else - Mi$$ou, SPUMAC, Boone County Correctional Facility

Hate, Hate Hate - Marquette, Dayton, Xavier, Cincinnati, SWMO St, Duke, North Carolina, Arizona, 

Other sports hatred - Rams, Yankees, Lakers, Red Sox, Cubs

Total Indifference - Blues

Developed an unhealthy obsession with - Billikens

Other Favorite teams - Butler, SIUE, Indiana St, Loyola, and now Oklahoma

Other favorite Pro teams - Raiders, Cardinals (though I hate all the BFIB nonsense), White Sox, Celtics, .

As a kid for some reason I also loved all Seattle teams.  Late 80s early 90s they had a ton of cool players Largent, Griffey Jr, Mark Langston, Randy Johnson, Edgar Martinez, even ARod.  The Sonics were my team.  Tom Chambers was my favorite player, X-Man, Ricky Pierce, Nate McMillan, Derrick McKey, Sam Perkins, Kemp, Payton, Dale Ellis, Schrempf, Eddie Johnson, I loved them all.  RIP Sonics.

slufanskip likes this

In college sports, it’s the Billikens way ahead of anything else.

Beyond that, I like Notre Dame, primarily for college football. I had always been a fan, and my girlfriend is an alum, so I’ve followed them more in the last few seasons. Went to a game pre-pandemic, and it was really cool. I also like Wisconsin. I’ve lived in Missouri almost my entire life, but I have little attachment to the actual state, and my family travels to Wisconsin frequently. The result is that I’ve kind of adopted The Badgers as my “home state” school because I’ve never liked Mizzou.

In pro sports, I like the Cardinals, Blues, Green Bay Packers, and Liverpool FC. Once St. Louis City SC starts up, I’ll be a fan of them too.

I used to be a “my favorite teams are SLU and whoever is playing Mizzou” guy, but my thoughts on them have mostly shifted to indifference. 

CBB --- Billikens

(Acceptable) CBB --- Villanova, John Rothstein.

(Hate) CBB --- Dayton, Duke, Dick Vitale, Joe Lunardi, most A10 teams.

CFB --- Penn State.

(Hate) CFB --- Notre Dame, tOSU.

MLB --- don't care.

NHL --- don't care.

NBA --- really don't care.

Soccer --- oh no.  Not getting baited into this one!

slufanskip and CBFan like this

Dated an Aggie for a bit, she got me hooked on the Noble Sons of Kyle for a while - but grew up an SMU fan. The old SWC days still make my heart fond, until “Pony Excess” comes on the TV. It just doesn’t feel right with aTm in the SEC. Kyle Field used to rock when Nebraska and OU and the teasippers came to town. Who gives a about Auburn? The only real rivalry the Ags have is with Alabama because of Bear and Gene Stallings, and to a lesser extent, Dennis Franchione. Seems like we just traded coaches with Bama for a bit.

Mavs, Cowboys, even a bit of the old mid-90s “Clutch City” Rockets with the junkyard dog Mario Ellie, Sam Cassell (the alien), Hakeem and Big Shot Bobby Horry if we want to stroll down memory lane. Rudy T and the boys! 

Millennials and their softness killed baseball in DFW with this retractable roof. Grow a pair. I remember Arlington Stadium in August when people would bring coolers of water and talcum powder.

Billikens came on the scene for me in the late 90s, so my hate extends to Marquette, mostly. I’d look the other way if someone wanted to take a piss on the Bradley Center parquet. 

CBB 

Love -- Billikens

Like -- UK, UNLV (yes, there's a pattern there...UNLV was the cool team to root for when I was in junior high), SIUE

Hate -- Mizzou, Dayton, Xavier, Creighton, Butler (jealousy of them being in a legit conference while SLU is in mid-major hell), and most Illinois fans.

For what it's worth:

The only sports I cannot miss is solely Billiken hoops. I don't watch a lot of other college BB games, but will watch parts of some A10 teams just to see how we compare. I'm kind of over pro sports for various reasons, ie politics, no team or fan loyalty, too much showboating. 

That said: 

FAVORITE ALL SPORTS TEAM: Billiken hoops

CASUAL INTEREST TEAMS: NY Giants, Red Sox, Celtics, Golf Majors, Clemson FB. I will watch every Giants game when they are on here. As for the rest of "my teams" only if it's a big game, eg playoffs. Free Agency has killed my interest. I fear college sports may be going down the same dark path with the new transfer and player branding rules being considered. I also think that NCAA hoops someday, likely sooner rather than later, will go the way of FB, and that might kill interest in college hoops for a lot of fans. If college hoops loses the David v Goliath theme it will take a lot of drama away from the game, and we folks love our drama.  

SPORTS I HAVE 0 INTEREST IN: Soccer, Hockey, Boxing, NASCAR/Auto Racing, Tennis. Soccer is especially boring. 

TEAMS i HATE; Philadelphia Eagles with a passion, St. B's and Davidson, because they seem to beat us when they shouldn't, Ohio State, because they cheat bigger than any other school I'm aware of, although there are probably many other schools just like them.

billiken_roy likes this

1 hour ago, thatskablamo said:

93-95 Rockets have Jordan to thank, right?! What a team - can’t forget the OJ chase in the middle of the 94 Finals! Must-see-TV. 

Fans who aren't old enough to have seen the most skillful big man performance of the last 30 years, I encourage you to watch Olajuwon's 93-95 playoff games on YouTube.

thatskablamo and SLU_Lax like this

1 hour ago, 3star_recruit said:

Fans who aren't old enough to have seen the most skillful big man performance of the last 30 years, I encourage you to watch Olajuwon's 93-95 playoff games on YouTube.

The Dream Shake was the playground move all Texas kids wanted to imitate in the 90s! Finesse! 

17 hours ago, Reinert310 said:

MLB: Braves, Cardinals. (I cheer for the Cards whenever they’re not playing the Braves). 

ditto.    i have both a cardinal red batting practice jersey and a braves navy batting practice jersey with "Cepeda 30" on the back of both. 

heading to Atlanta the weekend of June 19th to watch the show down.   unfortunately will be wearing the navy jersey for those games.  wife will obviously be wearing her red jersey though.

I like the Billikens, Cardinals, and Blues.  I'm not a big soccer fan, but I will root for City when they start up. 

EDIT: I forgot, I like the Memphis Grizzlies.

I root for Mizzou and Northwestern in college football, but when either of them lose, it doesn't ruin my day.  Pretty much any loss by the Billikens men's basketball team will ruin my day or at least p--- me off for a few hours.  I hate losing 11 a.m. games on Saturdays because it maximizes the amount of time in which I'm in a foul mood.

I am not mature enough to be happy for other teams'/programs' success when it comes to sports, so when schools like Loyola go on a run, it brings me no joy.

My first-tier most hated are Notre Dame, Dayton, Cubs, Royals, Chiefs, and Rams. 

I hate Marquette. 

I hate LaSalle because of their stupid, low-budget arena.

Creighton can get f-ed.  So can pretty much everyone else.

I have all sorts of reasons for hating all sorts of teams.