Jordan Goodwin to Go Pro

3 hours ago, 2010andBeyond said:

Did Javon Bess or Willie Reed have this level of pre-draft interest/activity?

Bess worked out for fewer teams but there was interest as he was singed almost immediately after the draft.

Landscape was a little different for Reed.  He had no shot at being drafted but was at the combine.  Those events are more limited now.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/17/2021 at 7:03 PM, brianstl said:

It is great for recruiting to put people in the league.

Especially a non-traditional NBA player.

I could coach the Jayson Tatums of the world into the league but having a guy like Goodwin who improved each year and worked his way into the league looks really good. 

Compton and brianstl like this

14 hours ago, Old guy said:

Hoosier I listened to the podcast in Spotify and really enjoyed it. I think Goodwing is going forward and has a definite chance of making it. Thank you for posting this podcast.

Yea, it was a pretty good interview.  I was somewhat surprised he didn't talk much about his time with the Billikens.  He seemed to give a lot of credit to his agent for his jump up the draft lists.

55 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Interesting that someone writing about the Spurs is interested enough in Goodwin to follow him as he works out for other teams. I think this is a positive sign of interest in JG perhaps from the Spurs as well as from the writer himself.

-so is JGood's improvement in his shooting simply launching more shots or is he now getting better instruction on how to shoot? if it is the latter, why was that coaching not available for him and all players during time with SLU? 

26 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-so is JGood's improvement in his shooting simply launching more shots or is he now getting better instruction on how to shoot? if it is the latter, why was that coaching not available for him and all players during time with SLU? 

In the article he said he was shooting with more elevation. Said his form was always good. 

22 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

Goodwin is REALLY motivated to improve the areas that he has been told (by his agent among others) he has to improve to get drafted by the NBA. HE is the prime motor behind the shooting improvement. There is no doubt in my mind that Goodwin is the kind of guy that really works to do what he has to do to get where he wants to go to. He has improved his chances by a lot, but this is due to HIM doing the work. He always was the best at SLU or one of the best, he felt no real need to work hard to do better. You bet that he feels very motivated NOW to improve his shooting.

Remember, he was invited to the G league combine and turned it down. He WANTS to be drafted to the NBA.

41 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

Guys routinely improve their shooting at the NBA level.  When basketball becomes your sole focus and you have to shoot well to keep getting paid, there is both time and motivation to get better.  I don't think that is somehow damning of our coaching staff's ability to improve Goodwin's shot.  Goodwin actually did improve his 3pt % each year at SLU.  Fr - 23.5%, So - 26.3%, Jr - 28.2%, Sr - 31.4%.